[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
invoking a deity : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

invoking a deity

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

invoking a deity

Postby Jackal » 20 Nov 2010, 23:41

I had recently read about a certain Tibetan Buddhist Dharma Protector, which I had never heard of previously. This particular Dharma Protector was not a bodhisattva (an enlightened being), but was a fierce spirit who had been tamed by ancient Buddhist masters and who guards some of the most secret meditation teachings. The standard advice is not to get involved with Dharma Protectors if you have not received their initiation ceremony from your lama. These spirits can be quite jealous and cause harm if you don't interact with them the right way or if you later neglect their practices.

I was so fascinated by the images of this particular deity. Despite the warnings, I found myself staring intently at an image of this deity and I repeated the name of the deity with an attitude of great respect and admiration. Suddenly, I felt a strange feeling and a rush of excitement as I felt myself connect with this deity's essence.

Immediately after this feeling, I heard a loud, blood-curdling scream of terror which made me jump.

"Help! HEEEELP!!" I heard a woman screaming. It sounded like it was coming from outside...

I went out onto my balcony and saw that one of my neighbors on the floor below me and one apartment over was screaming out on her balcony. She did not sound drunk or crazy. She sounded like someone who was in mortal danger and who was absolutely terrified for her life with nowhere to escape to.

Many people have committed suicide by jumping off the balconies in my apartment building, so I was concerned that she might jump. But thankfully, she did not. I waited to see if any police cars would come soon, but they did not. I was quite shaken because her screams had been so powerful and awful-sounding.

I asked other people in town later what had happened, but they didn't know anything about it. They said that it was possible that some people with mental problems live in my building.

My theory is that mentally ill people are more sensitive to spiritual energies. I think that I brought that deity to my general location, but that this mentally-ill woman was the only one sensitive enough to be affected by it or to perhaps see it. I feel bad that my experimentation caused her such terror. I will not try to repeat the experience because it would be unethical to terrify her again, and next time, she might well indeed jump.

However, the ability to project absolute terror into the mind of another might be useful if I ever witness a crime in progress and want to temporarily incapacitate a criminal in order to save other people.

I know that people might say that this was just a coincidence, but this woman started screaming immediately after I had invoked the deity, and I had never heard that neighbor ever scream or make a single noise before that time, and I haven't heard her do that again since that time either.

Anyway, now I know why people say that you shouldn't get involved with Dharma Protectors before you've had the proper training. This is also why their practices remain secret.
Jackal

Re: invoking a deity

Postby Arouet » 20 Nov 2010, 23:46

What did she say happened?
Arouet

Postby Jackal » 21 Nov 2010, 04:14

Jackal

Postby Arouet » 21 Nov 2010, 11:23

Well, before you draw the conclusion that you invoked a deity that scared the living **** out of her, maybe you should talk to her. You could delicately approach her and say that you heard her screaming and wanted to know if she was alright. Or something.
Arouet

Postby Jackal » 21 Nov 2010, 23:03

I admit that it would be interesting to talk to her. However, this happened months ago and I live in the city, so it would be quite strange if I all of a sudden knocked on her door and asked her about this traumatic event. On that day, I didn't even get a clear look at her, so I don't even know what she looks like.
Jackal

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences