View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Demons and Demonologists

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Demons and Demonologists

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Oct 2009, 09:59

brett wrote:* those who see "demons" in everything are a case in point - but don't get me started on that subject :lol: :lol:

Oooooh! Start a topic! I dare ya! Double dare ya! DOITDOITDOIT!
NinjaPuppy

Re: Tilopa's poem about (non)meditation

Postby brett » 18 Oct 2009, 11:24

NinjaPuppy wrote:
brett wrote:* those who see "demons" in everything are a case in point - but don't get me started on that subject :lol: :lol:

Oooooh! Start a topic! I dare ya! Double dare ya! DOITDOITDOIT!

nah been down that road on another site - ended up battling a group of christian fundamentalist demonologists - and you think some of the people who post here are strange ?? :o
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Oct 2009, 00:22

Dang! No guts, no glory. But I do understand your feelings about not wanting to take another go at it. It's like eating a food that you believe you are allergic to. You don't know for if you're going to have the same reaction but why would you want to try it again if you don't have to.
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 19 Oct 2009, 13:27

oh i have the guts NP never been afraid of discussion BUT as a wise man once said :" man who bang head against brick wall ,only give himself headache " - i usually have a simple question for all these "supposed " demonologists , and that is which "grimoire of demons " they subscribe to ( there are several including one written by one of our past kings of England ) and most of them don't have a clue what a grimoire even is :roll: + it now seems that having a "demonologist" is DE rigeur for ghost hunting teams ,especially in the states , ( we have a few here too but they are usually dismissed by serious researchers ) , why is this ?? - well it seemingly is to do with the much stronger religious convictions of those in America

ah well each to their own i suppose :roll: :roll:
brett

Demons & Demonologists

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Oct 2009, 20:50

brett wrote:oh i have the guts NP never been afraid of discussion BUT as a wise man once said :" man who bang head against brick wall ,only give himself headache " - i usually have a simple question for all these "supposed " demonologists , and that is which "grimoire of demons " they subscribe to ( there are several including one written by one of our past kings of England ) and most of them don't have a clue what a grimoire even is :roll: + it now seems that having a "demonologist" is DE rigeur for ghost hunting teams ,especially in the states , ( we have a few here too but they are usually dismissed by serious researchers ) , why is this ?? - well it seemingly is to do with the much stronger religious convictions of those in America

ah well each to their own i suppose :roll: :roll:

Did you happen to catch the "Ghost Hunters" (TAPS) episode where they claimed that the ghost was pretending to be a demon to scare the other ghosts? OMG, that one was a classic. 'The Ladouceur House' is the title of this episode but I can't find a full episode re-run available anywhere on line. Anyway...it does seem that demons make for good TV ratings, so they get their guest appearances when ever possible. :lol:

I once attended a 'ghost' conference that had a demonologist on the speaker list . Now being the open minded person that I like to think that I am... I expected to not particularly agree with everything this person said as I don't particularly believe that demons (as described by most religions) even exist. So I knew that I was going to have plenty of questions during the Q & A portion. I had hoped that this demonologist would be able to shed some light on the subject but all he had were some pretty weak pictures and really poorly put together 'facts'. His entire concept was based on his religious teachings. Not being a subscriber to that particular religion I can only assume that demons are NOT something I should be concerned with however, according to his philosophy anyone who doesn't subscribe to his religion is plagued by them.

When he reached the point in his speech where he claimed that demons reside in bedroom closets, I almost lost it. I had to grab my head to keep myself from breaking out in hysterical laughter.
NinjaPuppy

Re: Demons and Demonologists

Postby brett » 19 Oct 2009, 22:05

you just had go here don't you NP ?? :roll: bad ninja - ah well - i will sum demons and demonology up in one sentence

" demons are the product of too many tv shows , ego inflated imaginations and religious brainwashing " - you claim to have demons in the uk and you will be laughed at - plain and simple - just nobodies wanting to be somebodies in wannabe ghost hunting groups !! ( well they are flooded out with fake psychics , and "experts" so they gotta do something to be different )

we got past all this BS a long time ago here ( nobody much wanted to spend the money on the DE rigeur long black leather coats and RayBan's + half a tone of crucifixes etc ) ) or was that the matrix wannabe cult ?? :? - whatever )

and EVERY ONE knows that the bogyman lives in the bedroom cupboard - or under the bed - what are you people like ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Oct 2009, 23:02

brett wrote:you just had go here don't you NP ??
...and EVERY ONE knows that the bogyman lives in the bedroom cupboard - or under the bed - what are you people like ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the devil made me do it! :twisted:
I can't imagine where this so called 'expert' in demonology came up with that. This guy is going on about how powerful demons are and in the next sentence he claims they live in the bedroom closet. Since I can't disprove his theory, I stocked up on Febreze. Febreze is an air freshener that takes the odor out of the air. Since demons emit a foul odor, I thought it was the wise thing to do. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 20 Oct 2009, 03:30

i remember reading a book way back in highschool about demonology
i found it quite interesting and cool
i like the mythical part
the symbology and all that stuff
i used to be a big fan of aleister crowley
but taking it for real.. well.. thats just another story

hey NP.. did you catch the episode of Paranormal State where the guy told about his strategy to fight demons?.. he calls them ¨bunnies¨ so that way he gets to keep his cool..

hahahaha :twisted: :twisted:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 20 Oct 2009, 03:45

hey we got one in this country that has a pistol that he supposedly shoots em with - now funnily enough there is a similar idea on one of the TV shows ( the one about the 2 young guys who go round hunting demons - don't remember the name though ) - a perusal of :will storr vs the paranormal ( book ) - will prove enlightening on this subject ;)

any ways to get serious for a mo - yes i believe there ARE "angry" spirits - as described in the one i came across on Dartmoor many years ago , but demons ?? well to go that far one has to believe in the whole god/devil thing which i do not - oh yea there is good and evil - but all man made
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Oct 2009, 04:12

brett wrote:hey we got one in this country that has a pistol that he supposedly shoots em with - now funnily enough there is a similar idea on one of the TV shows ( the one about the 2 young guys who go round hunting demons - don't remember the name though ) - a perusal of :will storr vs the paranormal ( book ) - will prove enlightening on this subject ;)

any ways to get serious for a mo - yes i believe there ARE "angry" spirits - as described in the one i came across on Dartmoor many years ago , but demons ?? well to go that far one has to believe in the whole god/devil thing which i do not - oh yea there is good and evil - but all man made

Ah yes! The eternal battle between good and evil. Like just because you're now dead, you're supposed to conform to some sort of cosmic goodie two shoes. Demons are supposed to have never been human, so they are not considered in the same category as 'ghosts'. This non-human category includes 'angels' as well. And since demons were angels before they were cast out of heaven, then angels good, demons bad. I can't get behind this thought process.

Some kind of left over 'energy' after death, still floating around until dispersed, I can grab onto this idea. Limestone deposits making some sort of 'recording' of people or events, I can get behind that too. I will even go as far as to say that our energy (spirit?) can hang around at will until we decide it's time to move on.

What I can't get behind is that this is only possible with people of good nature. Or that some are cursed or whatever to roam the earth for the rest of time with no peace in death. I also can't believe that there are demons who snatch up lost souls to do their dirty work either.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Oct 2009, 04:15

ciscop wrote:hey NP.. did you catch the episode of Paranormal State where the guy told about his strategy to fight demons?.. he calls them ¨bunnies¨ so that way he gets to keep his cool..

hahahaha :twisted: :twisted:

I'm afraid that I missed that episode. I stopped watching PN after the "I am six" episodes submerged. I felt that they were taking advantage of a family with some problems that would have been better addressed by psychiatric counseling.
NinjaPuppy

Postby The Warrigal » 20 Oct 2009, 07:23

Brett.

This wanker you mentioned who runs around shooting demons with a "magic" cap pistol would'nt be the same clown who operates a firm of professional excorcists call Athanor Consulting would he?

I read his book a little while ago and still don't know wether to laugh or cry! :lol: :cry:
The Warrigal

Postby brett » 20 Oct 2009, 14:01

The Warrigal wrote:Brett.

This wanker you mentioned who runs around shooting demons with a "magic" cap pistol would'nt be the same clown who operates a firm of professional excorcists call Athanor Consulting would he?

I read his book a little while ago and still don't know wether to laugh or cry! :lol: :cry:

yep that's the one :roll: - I must confess i had the same reaction , again this sort of idiot is exactly the kind i rile against , but seems some people will believe any old tosh and pay for it too - but hold hard :o - seems he has given up on "field investigations " see here : http://athanor.firedrake.org/

hmm seems the old demon dispatching business is not what it used to be :| - or may be the ban on the sale of caps ( health and safety madness in the UK ) has stopped him shooting them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - bummer :roll:
brett

Postby hotsy » 27 Mar 2011, 07:37

Demons and evil spirits are reality they are real as you or me. I've seen more than one evil spirit already not just imagination reality. I was minding my own business and just like that i walked inside my room there was this evil spirit standing there wearing a a business suit his skin was red and then he vanished in thin air. I've seen others but this one stands out more than all the rest. I've seen another lately out of the corner of my eye i saw one he looked like my brother but he looked evil you can tell that was his intention. Until you experience what I experienced then you'll know there exist a world where demonic spirits do demonic influence. Crimewaves, bad things, violence all this happening because of mischevious wicked spirits working strategies to keep people down.
hotsy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Mar 2011, 19:14

hotsy wrote:Demons and evil spirits are reality they are real as you or me. I've seen more than one evil spirit already not just imagination reality. I was minding my own business and just like that i walked inside my room there was this evil spirit standing there wearing a a business suit his skin was red and then he vanished in thin air. I've seen others but this one stands out more than all the rest. I've seen another lately out of the corner of my eye i saw one he looked like my brother but he looked evil you can tell that was his intention. Until you experience what I experienced then you'll know there exist a world where demonic spirits do demonic influence. Crimewaves, bad things, violence all this happening because of mischevious wicked spirits working strategies to keep people down.

Isn't that stereotyping?
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Religion / Theology