[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Witches : Religion / Theology - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Witches

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Re: Witches

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Aug 2009, 23:01

NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 22 Aug 2009, 09:00

i have never understood that stuff
(about the money...)..
i do believe alleged ¨psychics¨ have an awesome power of observation and i know they throw a bunch of statements until they hit one, as a magician i hanged around with a lot of them, i think they are honest people (a lot of the ones i met) , they do believe in what they do, for me is just educated guesses.

so.. a quick story
my mother went to a witch doctor (to call it something)..
and to this day she swears that the moment she step into the room
the doctor said.. you are bad of heart
(which was true, my mother had a small stroke at that time and had a heart operation).

the thing is.. this guy didnt take money
but there was a bowl full of donations and the minimum bill was like 50 dollars
also.. the witch dr. recommended a bunch of natural remedies that they sell next door to his house.. (same house?)
i remember he recomended natural honey...
and yes

my mom did ok and is way better
but thats because she got an operation, i doubt honey or coldreading had anything to do with her health
but well...
more on this later.. is WEEKEND!
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 22 Aug 2009, 11:30

glad your mom did OK ciscop - that's good news :D - don't get me wrong here if someone HAS a genuine ability ( rare as hens teeth IMO) and has no other means of earning a crust , then it would be churlish of me to deny them that - as you said the guy had a donations bowl - and if individuals considered his help ( or hers as the case may be ) worthy of recompense - then fair dos

but you and i know there are lots of fakes out there who use their "supposed "abilities to rake it in , either by charging for readings , appearing on TV , writing endless books etc -THESE are the people I rail against - they are conning people - and using the field for materialistic ends -( like wise those who use it to promote their own EGO ) - i have coined the term "PAYCHIC'S " to describe them

and THESE are the people who pollute the field so much that the proper study of claims is becoming nigh impossible ( IMO )

likewise i get pissed at all the " wannabies " who read a few books or watch a couple of episodes of ghost hunters etc and then set them selves up as the next best thing to ,well whatever - they are full of the proverbial - and i have met quite a few - about as "psychic " as my right knee ( which can predict rain BTW :lol: :lol: or is that the arthritis in it ?? ) :?

hope that gos some way to explaining my thinking /attitude to the money issue ??
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Aug 2009, 21:12

NinjaPuppy

Postby Don » 06 Sep 2009, 07:00

Don

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Sep 2009, 19:16

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 08 Nov 2009, 22:00

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 09 Nov 2009, 14:17

oh right thanks - i am no that "oh-fey" with posting videos etc - in fact it was only 12 months ago or so i got my head round "copy and paste " :lol: :lol: :lol:

technology especially computer tech baffles me at times - guess i am getting old :roll: - mind you i could never get a video to record on timer either with out fouling it up :lol: - ( i prefer things that one can fix using a big hammer and a bent spanner )

anyways appreciated :D :D
brett

Previous

Return to Religion / Theology