View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Is Islam shallow for using sex in heaven as it’s main draw f

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Re: Is Islam shallow for using sex in heaven as it’s main dr

Postby Arouet » 28 Jun 2013, 06:19

Greatest I am wrote:Then he would be more of a Satan than a God.

If your God is not moral then you follow Satan.

Regards
DL

I'm using god in the greater sense of deity. If you're defining a god as a deity that you identify with as moral then fine, but that's not terribly useful is it?
Arouet

Re: Is Islam shallow for using sex in heaven as it’s main dr

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 Jun 2013, 15:45

Greatest I am wrote:
Arouet wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:I think any God or man worth the title would have an equality policy if he is a moral entity.

Why must a god be a moral entity? Why does the ability to create a universe necessarily entail that the god has motives that you would consider to be moral?

I do not have to believe in the fantasy of a bunch of virgins after death to know that it is a stupid and immoral idea.

And yet it could be that a god is partial to ideas you consider stupid and immoral.

Then he would be more of a Satan than a God.

If your God is not moral then you follow Satan.

Regards
DL

Isn't your thinking just as silly and simplistic as these Muslims you claim to despise? Who all, incidentally, worship the same monotheistic God from the same region -- Islam, Judaism and Christianity -- who turns out to be a single spin-off God from the Babylonian pantheon.

Greatest I am wrote:Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

I have to confess to doing a bit of all three.
SydneyPSIder

Previous

Return to Religion / Theology