View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

History and Evolution of the Devil

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

History and Evolution of the Devil

Postby Scepcop » 23 Sep 2010, 10:24

This interesting documentary shows how the devil evolved from a non-evil being to the ultimate evil being after influence from Persia and Roman mythology.

Part 1 of 5

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: History and Evolution of the Devil (documentary)

Postby Scepcop » 23 Sep 2010, 10:37

Speaking of the devil, check out this clip of Barack Obama saying "Yes we can" backwards, to where he says "Thank you Satan". It also explains why the Illuminati kill a lot of music industry stars.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Sep 2010, 01:16

C'mon... playing audio backwards?! I thought that went out with the hippies, LSD and the Beetles.

Just like EVP recordings, reversed audio tracks and pretty much sound like most whatever you want to MAKE THEM sound like; just allow your imagination find the words that sound similar to the reversed wordage.

But then there was that research that proved Hitler and Stalin were both Saints... when you play their speeches backwards you hear a message from God
Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 24 Sep 2010, 16:09

Skeptics, why do so many of the elite and even movie stars, make this satanic symbol with their hands? Normal people don't do this, so it can't be a coincidence, can it?

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 24 Sep 2010, 16:18

Craig Browning wrote:C'mon... playing audio backwards?! I thought that went out with the hippies, LSD and the Beetles.

Just like EVP recordings, reversed audio tracks and pretty much sound like most whatever you want to MAKE THEM sound like; just allow your imagination find the words that sound similar to the reversed wordage.

But then there was that research that proved Hitler and Stalin were both Saints... when you play their speeches backwards you hear a message from God

Oh come on now. I thought you were a deep freethinker? You didn't even watch those clips before you dismissed them. Sheesh. If you did, you'd see that the reversed speech on the tape was VERY audible to everyone! A pastor played them in a church and asked the audience "how many of you heard that?" and everyone raised their hands.

If you had listened to the clips, I wouldn't have to be wasting time typing this.

What's with the closed minded dismissals here?

Look at the evidence first and then give your opinion on it.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 24 Sep 2010, 16:22

Check out this 4 part video about how a lot of movie and music stars are connected to Satan and admit being possessed by him. It suggests that some may have made a pact with the devil or are involved in secret societies that worship Satan.

Warning: This is pretty disturbing and may make it hard for you to sleep at night. I sure did not feel good after watching this. I wonder if there's any truth to it though? The testimonials sounded genuine.

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Sep 2010, 23:27

Scepcop wrote:Skeptics, why do so many of the elite and even movie stars, make this satanic symbol with their hands? Normal people don't do this, so it can't be a coincidence, can it?

Have you ever studied ASL?

The symbol you see is the sign language symbol meaning "love" or "I love you", it is not the horned god symbol common to Paganism which, btw, is NOT Satanic, nor is the hand gesture Satanic but rather a sign used to recognize the male aspect of deity which, traditionally, all had horns in that horns represented fertility... the stag, as it were.

Fundamentalist, and I'm not just speaking of christians or any other religious element but rather, zealots of any belief system, can and will find "the devil" everywhere they look. Clinically this would be an expression of paranoia and a rather unhealthy form of it at that.

Having a curiosity about these various things is good, sound and logical. Buying into them without making a solid sense of investigation in which you listen to the pro as well as the con perspectives along side your gut (vs. the fantasy and paranoia of your conscious mind) and chances are strong you'll be able to discern what is horse pucky over what isn't.

Yes, the "Elite" as in politicians, corporate world and religious leaders do have their own duplistic way of doing things so as to create misdirection... let he who has eyes to see and ears by which to hear... this is a truth few recognize but it is a "cue' of sorts that tells the initiated (those aware of the hidden language) to pay attention and work from the alternate (esoteric) means of what is being said (exoteric) for the masses. But I can assure you of the fact that these "conspiracies" as they were, aren't "everywhere" and exceptionally few of them have anything to do with homage to some invented demon worshiped by christians (Satan is their own demi-god; he's not even mentioned in the bible in the manner today's religious patron see him. Originally the office of "Satan" (for lack of a better term) was a position held within the Rabbinical order. The role of this "Satan" was to argue scripture in ways contradictory to how most understood them a.k.a. the Devil's Advocate. The purpose of such antics was to allow the priesthood to gain a much wider and honest view of the teachings vs. blind acceptance to their exoteric/literal interpretation. Too, this role allowed the faith to grow and unfold with events and situations of the day vs. leaning on 5,000 year old texts as an answer for what's in front of you in the moment).

Learn who and what "the horned god" really is/was, how the church deliberately demonized a benevolent pagan entity and the social-political agenda it had that inspired such misrepresentation. Similarly, look at the church's own history when it comes to propagandizing; painting their opposition into some sort of demonic force along side various modes of perversion, sacrilege, etc. If you look close enough, you'll see how the very same words used 1,500 years ago to justify the murder of innocent people as "Witches" are still be used in our world to justify acts of attrition towards homosexuals, Muslims, people of a non-white complexion, and even towards other facets of the Christian faith... and last I checked, there is still a commandment in that book against the act of bearing false witness towards others i.e. gossip, political game playing, semantical manipulation/psychology through word play (NLP), image manipulation (creative editing), use of sound bites or only segments of a speech (for example) set outside of context... the list is rather lengthy but the bottom line remains; the church as a whole is guilty not only of such maliciousness but the millions of souls that have died and known torment as the result of the institutions greed and ambitions.

Sure, there are situations in the world that do involve a pseudo-Illuminati type influence, I'll not deny that. On the other hand, I have to look at things logically and say to myself, if they are as old and influential as everyone suspects, how are we going to change the game? You chop the head off the Hydra a new one or more grows back in its place. So rather than getting my own shorts caught up in a bunch over something I am literally powerless over, why don't I just focus on me and those within my family circle and strive to live the best life I/we can possibly know, allowing those stupid enough to take the job, to deal with the bigger headaches of the world. The real reality is that people are just people and there are far more of us than "them", and for as long as WE CHOOSE to life our own lives in as upright and just a manner as we can, there is little they can do that will actually hurt us without destroying themselves.

If you want to worry about imps, devils, demons, etc. go for it! But don't expect everyone, especially in these modern times, to buy into that course of drama; it went out of style nearly a hundred years ago if not further back. Humankind is waking up and even from a spiritual point of view, were evolving away from the need for such dramatic perspectives.
Craig Browning

Postby RarelyImpressed » 25 Sep 2010, 06:50

I'm never did any research into EVP.....I think its silly my intuition is telling me its bunk, but who knows I can be wrong. now PSI is interesting because of the experiences that I have had with PSI....of course not consistently. I know its an ancedote, but that is the topic that really interest me. And so does Alternative health, but not homeopathy.....if it works as a placebo for someone great.
RarelyImpressed

Postby Scepcop » 25 Sep 2010, 21:51

Craig Browning, I don't remember which film, but one video addressed the ASL sign for "love" and explained why technically, the horned symbol the elite make with their hands is not the ASL word for "love". It pointed out some obvious differences.

Why would so many elites and celebrities be using sign language, especially in magazine photos?

Btw, did you listen to the clips? One of the reversals of a Led Zeppelin song, showed a perfectly grammatical sentence both forwards and backwards, and the backwards version had the word Satan many times, audible to everyone.

Explanation?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby really? » 25 Sep 2010, 23:55

Scepcop wrote:Craig Browning, I don't remember which film, but one video addressed the ASL sign for "love" and explained why technically, the horned symbol the elite make with their hands is not the ASL word for "love". It pointed out some obvious differences.

Why would so many elites and celebrities be using sign language, especially in magazine photos?

Btw, did you listen to the clips? One of the reversals of a Led Zeppelin song, showed a perfectly grammatical sentence both forwards and backwards, and the backwards version had the word Satan many times, audible to everyone.

Explanation?

Why would they use sign language correctly making the sign or not? Because they see others doing the same sign incorrectly. Because when the is sign is used verbal communication like you see of Laura Bush in the screen capture conveys the same message when it's too noisy the speak.
really?

Postby Craig Browning » 26 Sep 2010, 00:00

Scepcop wrote:Craig Browning, I don't remember which film, but one video addressed the ASL sign for "love" and explained why technically, the horned symbol the elite make with their hands is not the ASL word for "love". It pointed out some obvious differences.

Explanation?

Ok, you're mixing some things up here...

First of all, the whole celebrity use of the "Love You" hand gesture started back in the 80's when everyone was becoming "enlightened" and aware of the needs of the deaf community, actress Marly Mattlin (sp) was the primary catalyst to this end, her campaign coupled with efforts by others in regards to other "disabilities" in the show biz community brought about this mode of outward support.

When it comes to Ozzie or Zeppelin, etc doing this kind of thing you're looking at Hollywood hype -- a PR stunt! Doing things that "shock" or generate controversy (especially from preachers) means you will get ink... press coverage as well as support by the rebellious young folk. IT'S ALL AN ACT! I can assure you Ozzie Osborne is not a Satanist, he's strange but actually a very down to earth and caring person. Same goes for many of the others who, in the 70s &80's that used all the demonic and occult symbolism in their press kits and album covers; the marketing illusion as it were. The whole witchcraft association thing can be traced to the late 60s as this and that rock band as well as actors sought to exploit some of the same mystic association that the Beetles gained via TM. Actors, like Boris Karloff, Vincent Price and Christopher Lee were frequently tied to the occult when it came to their films and how they were "sold" to the general public... they were Monsters after all... but most folks of those times were intelligent enough to know that is was all veneer -- a commercial image used by the studios so that the public had a good idea as to what to expect when they saw the name of one of these guys in a movie listing.

Again, with the whole playing things backwards... it's B.S. plain and simple. Sure, you MIGHT hear sounds that seem like certain words but I can assure you that no song writer or record producers has the time, desire or patience when it comes to creating such on purpose, they are more concerned with doing what must be done to sell a record along side concert tickets. MAYBE they played with things so that a line of such dribble exists simply for the sake of generating the GOSSIP you seem to have fallen for; I doubt it, but it could happen. Most folks that have studied these various riddles however, conclude that it's simply happenstance and people's own imagination forcing the reversed words to fit a preconceived meaning.

In order to get "Satan" in the lyrics as you are suggesting the composer would have to justify using a "word" spelled N*A*T*A*S... I've personally never heard that term ever used by anyone. Yet, if the song were about a dog named Kujo... you could say it was about a god call Ojuk, couldn't you?
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 26 Sep 2010, 02:09

Explanation?

Scepcop there is a ton of stuff out there discussing the led zeppeling song. Curious as to whether a good skeptic like you looked at any of it before drawing you're conclusion"?
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 06 Oct 2010, 21:55

Why Satanism is Practiced by Our Leaders?

Scepcop
Site Admin

The Truth about Satan that you won't hear in Church

Postby Scepcop » 06 Mar 2011, 03:06

Darryl Sloan:
I examine the original Hebrew word for "Satan" and compare the Old Testament (Jewish) depiction of this character with his New Testament (Christian) counterpart. Then I do the same with the word for "hell." Christians, prepare yourselves for a shock.

Darryl Sloan:
Would-be scholars sometimes equate Satan with ancient gods of other religions. I explain why this is entirely incorrect, using the known origin of the Hebrew word.

Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: History and Evolution of the Devil

Postby Scepcop » 16 Apr 2011, 15:24

Here is a History Channel documentary called "Hell: The Devil's Domain".

Part 1 of 10:

Scepcop
Site Admin

Next

Return to Religion / Theology