View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Hi

Introduce yourself here!

Hi

Postby Jackal » 07 Oct 2009, 02:36

Hello,

I practice Tibetan Buddhism, and my posts will probably reflect this. I also love the X-Files TV show and anything ancient and mysterious.

Jackal
Jackal

Re: Hi

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Oct 2009, 02:59

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 07 Oct 2009, 14:18

Welcome Jackal.

If you wish to post about Buddhism, there is a religion board here and a spiritual wisdom one too!

Glad to see you here.

We were just in a Tibetan Buddhist retreat center recently, by the way, in Arizona called "The Garchen Institute". It was wonderful and was my third time there. I always leave there with a sense of peace and stillness inside me. Here is the website of the place we were at.

http://www.garchen.net/about.html
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Jackal » 13 Oct 2009, 23:51

Scepcop wrote:We were just in a Tibetan Buddhist retreat center recently, by the way, in Arizona called "The Garchen Institute". It was wonderful and was my third time there. I always leave there with a sense of peace and stillness inside me. Here is the website of the place we were at.

http://www.garchen.net/about.html

Gah! Holy crap! You were at Garchen Rinpoche's temple! No wonder you get good feelings from the place! He is one of the greatest living masters of Tibetan Buddhism. Also he is a member of the Drikung Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism--the one which I feel the most strongly attracted to. It's funny that we're both attracted to the Drikung Kagyu. This sect has produced many great yogis (meditation masters).
Jackal

Return to Introduce Yourself