View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Hi

Introduce yourself here!

Hi

Postby kungfuscience » 24 Aug 2009, 20:05

I'm Kung Fu, one half of the wee video blog Kung Fu Science

I'm an open minded sceptic. I like to hear people's thoughts and ask questions.

I also like people asking questions of me in return, so what I think can get challenged (and maybe changed, depending on the evidence) in return.
kungfuscience
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 23 Aug 2009, 22:13






Re: Hi

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Aug 2009, 20:05

Welcome!
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Hi

Postby The Warrigal » 24 Aug 2009, 20:50

Hi!
The Warrigal
 
Posts: 119
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 11:44

Re: Hi

Postby Scepcop » 26 Aug 2009, 09:30

Welcome. So do you practice kung fu? What does kung fu have to do with science?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Hi

Postby kungfuscience » 28 Aug 2009, 00:32

My nick name is Kung Fu, which i practiced for 7 years before moving to a new locatio nand a new job. There were no kung fu schools i liked in the area, so I started capoeira. A tradition in capoeira is to get a nick name, and i got mine, as when I started, I moved very much like I was doing kung fu, and not like a capoeirista.

We call it Kung fu Science as it is a slightly snappier title than David and Tim Science, or whatever.
kungfuscience
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 23 Aug 2009, 22:13

Re: Hi

Postby quantumparanormal » 28 Aug 2009, 04:24

Good to see another open-minded skeptics. Welcome.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Hi

Postby ciscop » 18 Sep 2009, 13:23

quantumparanormal wrote:Good to see another open-minded skeptics. Welcome.



im sure you are refering to me
of course, i am true skeptic
i accept psi can exist
but you cant deny it since is your faith based belief

can radin be all wrong?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Hi

Postby quantumparanormal » 19 Sep 2009, 00:05

¤ Ciscop showing his "intelligence:"

ciscop wrote:im sure you are refering to me


Then you must be dumber than I thought if you think you are "sure" I was referring to you. I was welcoming this new person (i.e., "kungfuscience"). How on Earth can you logically deduce from my "Good to see another open-minded skeptic" statement that I'm talking about you? Again, you are as dumb as a door nail.

¤ Ciscop showing his "true" skeptical nature:

ciscop wrote:of course, i am true skeptic


A "true skeptic," really? You don't even discuss the data, the evidence. You ignore it because 1) you are neither logical nor knowledgeable enough to discuss it, and/or 2) you don't want to discuss it because it ends up demonstrating how wrong you really are about your convictions, your preconceptions. You outright dismiss the data and evidence, even without having analyzed it critically and logically. You have a conviction, a preconception, a bias that psi does not exist, and you want to believe it no matter what the data tells you. All you do is call people names (i.e., "wackos," "quacks") and get emotional when you are wrong, which is 99% of the time. Additionally, you don't use logical reasoning, which opens you up to an ample amount of embarrassment.

¤ Ciscop showing his maturity level:

Furthermore, you act like a child, which makes most people on this forum not take you seriously:

ciscop wrote:you are definetly on your way to quackness

you would fail a colesterol test
tip: stop having breakfast at mcdonalds

does that supposed to mean something to you?
im sorry, i dont talk crazy

THE STATUE AND I SHALL HAVE A FIGHT!!!
PUNCH THAT STATUE!! if the statue doesnt punch back, THEN YOU WIN BY K.O! thats a cool deal right?
go on and punch it!

those christians are a gullible bunch...

hahahaha looks who´s talking
a radin believer, cant get dumber than that

by the way i do think you are the messiah people needs

¨this isnt a fact¨ ¨this isnt real¨ ¨take the blue pill and you get out of the matrix¨... so friking boring

did you finally finished your coloring book??
remember you have to color inside the lines


¤ Ciscop showing how often he ignores and fails to discuss the data/evidence:

Here's an example of you ignoring the data/evidence:

EXAMPLE A:
Here's me discussing your "evidence against psi" (a very long discussion on my part about this opinion article):
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=324&p=4492&hilit=analyses#p4492
QP wrote:...
I'll tell you what, I'll go ahead and let you read this published paper: http://www.psy.unipd.it/~tressold/Meta-Analysis_of_ESP_Studies.pdf

Do you agree with the study's conclusion/results (I doubt you do)? Tell me what's wrong with their analysis and/or the empirical evidence/data shown. Is is that they used an incorrect z-scoring method? Did they use selective reporting in their meta-analysis? Is the effect size too small? Did they extrapolate data, making the p-value invalid? Do you think some of the trials or experiments were methodologically flawed? If so, please state your reasons why, along with any evidence to support them.
...


Here's your response to the preceding (a typical one):
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=324&p=4492&hilit=analyses#p4493
ciscop wrote:Awesome!!
see
i like you more here than discussing 911 which was idiotic
i have to confess i have to review your links yet
but pretty enlightening, cool stuff quantum! i like it!
... read more via the link above ...


EXAMPLE B:
Here's my response to your "just like schwartz and the other dummies you chose to follow despise scientifical data poiting the other way" statement:
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=378&start=10#p4823
QP wrote:Please post here this "scientifical data pointing the other way." Thanks.


Here's your response to the preceding (a typical one):
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=378&start=10#p4826
ciscop wrote:what´s the point
you have such a cog. dissonance towards psi
you wont listen

keep building up your webpage
...


See? There's no discussion from you about the data, the evidence, just more of the same: immature, emotionally charged, illogical nonsense.

¤ Funny, but relevant, intermission:

Your posts are like speed bumps: they are somewhat annoying, but just drive over them and you're well on your way to your destination.

¤ Ciscop showing his lies:

ciscop wrote:i accept psi can exist


You've proven you can't accept psi, time and time again (would you like me to embarrass you some more by posting some examples?). Do you think that by you simply saying, "I accept psi can exist," that we are to believe you? Prove it, then we will believe you. Until then, you're just the same emotionally-inflamed liar.

Here are some examples of you "accepting psi can exist:"

ciscop wrote:radin is a quack [therefore, ...]
yes!! Chances are he might be all wrong in his theories and studies

sending thoughts thru space and time??.. is radin insane?

In other words, he expects me to read his mind, which is totally unrealistic and insane.

i like more and have learned more from richard wiseman

have a laugh with this ¨study¨ by the internationally scientific respectable magazine...¨yoga magazine¨

because he is not doing science
he is just picking up only the hits on some other parapsychology tests
and not counting the mistakes (he has done his own also)
and with that he has an army of believers that dont need facts, but a few miracles (that if you known stadistics are bound to happen)
to continue selling books and lectures.


¤ Ciscop showing his hypocrisy:

ciscop wrote:but you cant deny it since is your faith based belief


Well, since my belief in psi is based on empirically obtained data/evidence, which, by the way, you refuse to discuss and can't seem to refute, my belief is based on science, not faith. Your disbelief in psi, on the other hand, is based on faith, on dogma, since you don't care about the data, the evidence. You are a true pseudo-skeptic, but a very immature, emotionally impaired, illogical one, and that's your problem. You could at least seem smart about it, but you obvious don't.

¤ Ciscop showing his use of logic, or, rather, lack thereof:

ciscop wrote:CAN RADIN BE ALL WRONG?


You keep on proving how dumb you are. No, Radin cannot be "all wrong." How is it logically possible for a person to be all wrong or all right? Sometimes we are wrong. Sometimes we are right. :roll: That's one of the dumbest things you've ever said (and yet you have that statement as your signature :lol:), although there are so many that it's difficult to rank them in order from the dumbest to the less-dumb.

Image

¤ Why it's futile to engage in any debate/discussion with Ciscop:

This will be the last time I spend any significant amount of writing in response to your immature, emotionally unstable, illogical self; that is, until you're ready to actually discuss the actual data/evidence involved in these debates in a critical, logical, analytical fashion.
Last edited by quantumparanormal on 20 Sep 2009, 08:16, edited 16 times in total.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Hi

Postby quantumparanormal » 19 Sep 2009, 01:54

creepingdeath_120mm wrote:Ciscop didn't write the biggest tool ever quote that was me.


Thanks for pointing that out. I stand corrected. :D
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Hi

Postby ciscop » 19 Sep 2009, 05:43

someone forgot to take their meds!
i like pulling your leg
you are just to easy
i love blind faith believers like you lil mickey
Image
and since
radin is a quack
yes!! Chances are he might be all wrong in his theories and studies
just like schwartz and the other dummies you chose to follow despise scientifical data poiting the other way
(yeah.. who cares about NAS, MIT and HARVARD.. those are the quacks!...)

sending thoughts thru space and time??.. is radin insane? i am not sure! he is a money making machine
i think his followers are even crazier or in your case DUMBER.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Hi

Postby quantumparanormal » 20 Sep 2009, 06:45

ciscop wrote:just like schwartz and the other dummies you chose to follow despise scientifical data poiting the other way


Please post here this "scientifical data pointing the other way." Thanks.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Hi

Postby ciscop » 20 Sep 2009, 06:59

quantumparanormal wrote:
ciscop wrote:just like schwartz and the other dummies you chose to follow despise scientifical data poiting the other way


Please post here this "scientifical data pointing the other way." Thanks.


what´s the point
you have such a cog. dissonance towards psi
you wont listen

keep building up your webpage
im sure it will be a lot of fun
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04


Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron