View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Hello from the owner of BadPsychics

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Hello from the owner of BadPsychics

Postby Scepcop » 03 Nov 2009, 00:05

Jasmine wrote:'No, our aim is to find real psychics and real mediums.'

You may be waiting quite some time. :lol:

What about George Anderson? I heard he was undebunked and one of the most amazing.

JonDonnis, how can you say you haven't found a real psychic?

Not all psychic hits can be explained through fraud or luck or cold reading. Some are unexplained. In such cases, what do you conclude?

If you can't explain something, do you still call "fraud" or are you humble enough to just say "I don't know"? There is much we don't know.

You say you are open minded and that skepticism is about being open minded. But you do understand though, that not all people who call themselves skeptics are open minded, right? I have met very few skeptics who are open minded or who are even "true skeptics". Most are merely defenders of the status quo and materialism.

Anyone can claim to be open minded. But to ACT open minded is another matter.

I do not consider the CSICOP crowd to be true skeptics, for example, for many reasons listed here: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/characteristics.php

Do you?

Also, how do you explain cases like these, which are abundant if you ask around?

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Page16.htm

4) This case I heard on my email discussion list is a very extraordinary one. Edith, whom has a history of giving good spiritual advice, related this story:

“I went to a Psychic fair in Chicago, all by myself, on the spur of the moment, then looked around and saw a little old man sitting all by himself, a bit away from all others. I walked over to him, asked him how much he charges, and sat down. He did not even ask my birth date or any other question, and began to talk about my children.

He said I had two children, a boy and a girl. I told him that this is not true, that I have two girls. He said that he knows different, which really upset me. He went on saying that the boy died right after his birth, and that my girl had died a few years back in a tragic incident, and that the second girl is not my own girl, but is adopted. He was right, because I had to admit that I no longer thought of my little boy any longer as a son.
( he was born 37 years earlier, prematurely in the 6th month of pregnancy, and had only lived 25 minutes.)

He then told me that I am writing a Novel, and began to outline the story, naming the character in the Novel by name, their roles, and how they related to each other, and the time frame of the story. He was right in the smallest detail, better than I could describe myself, having written it.

He told me that I would be teaching many people, and that people will come to my house to ask for lessons, but it would be out of the State, in the South.
(The South was the last place on earth I would want to live at that time. Neither would I want to leave my job, or my dream house that I had purchased only a short time before. It was months later that my husband was suddenly transferred to Georgia. Here I had an Art exhibition in Atlanta, and people had approached me to teach Art, especially oil painting.)

There were many other events he told me from my childhood, early adulthood, my former marriage, all accurate in every aspect and every little detail. He described the house I was born in, a house I had never again seen in over 46 years, and I had to look on an old photograph to check the details he described, of which I was no longer aware of.
He was correct. He took a pen and wrote my father's name, in my father's handwriting. (The old German script, which is no longer in use, called: Hohe Stolze.)

Now, I don't expect you to believe me, and I don't care one way or another, whatever explanation you come up with for all that, it does not change one tittle.

Just remember one thing: I had never been in Chicago before, other than driving through. Chicago was 45 miles from where I lived, and I knew NO ONE in that city, nor did anyone know that I would be going to Chicago that day, and I had no idea that there was a Psychic Fair to begin with, but rather stumbled on it in one of the Malls.
But most of all, that it was I who chose this particular Psychic among all others.

I had been to other Psychics, at different times, in different States and different countries, all without appointments, and without recommendations by anyone I knew, who had been most accurate in everything they said, three of which described the same Novel I spoke of earlier, one spoke of a book I had written many years earlier, even how many pages the manuscript was, how many chapters, and the general contents of it.”

5) Besides using professional human psychics, one can use divination to obtain information from beyond the 5 senses, as in this case:

“I was indirectly at a Ouija board sitting once when was 11 years old without any doubt it predicted the future accurately of myself my sisters and my brother. It spelled out whom we would marry and at what age and in what order. Even how many kids we would each have? I was extremely good at remembering all the information, as it was not the sort of thing we ever did as a family and it intrigued me. Of course did not realise how profound that experience was and how it has made me question all sorts of theories and concepts. I did not dwell on it too much at the time not really thinking there could be any truth in it. In my twenties we tried for the third baby and found had developed endometriosis had an emergency hysterectomy. I didn't believe it at all would never have 3 kids and recall thinking when I was 11 how sad it felt, as would only have two kids and the rest of my sisters and my brother would have more than me? They had what it predicted? The information it gave was accurate.
The things happened in the order it stated.ie. I got married when it said and before my sister who was a year older than me. Which at the time I joked about most eleven-year-old girls just automatically think an older sister will marry before them? I also recall its predicted I would marry just before my 22nd birthday that happened. It stated our future husbands surnames? (No it’s not false memory syndrome or us deliberately searching out folk with those names (believe me have gone through a long list of 'how's & why's and where's and when?)
Believe me was too busy working to give it too much thought to any of it and RING is not by any means a common surname. (Neither is 'Ashby' my sister’s surname.) At the time I thought RING when asked about whom I would marry was referring to a 'ring' as one being placed in marriage on the finger never realising until years later after was married sometime that it predicted my future name? I even recall it predicting my sisters future surnames now I am sure we all lead far to busy lives to be subliminally searching for names mentioned? The sequence of events date’s surnames the order of events actually occurred as it stated? There's a lot of things have thought about here 'where did that information come from'? Did we ourselves produce it and how? It predicted my brother would be shot (we asked where? It said 'trunk') that is the only thing that’s not transpired to date.
If it does occur I won't panic as it stated he would not die.
This is one of many very strange things that have experienced. If the information was correct for one of us then
perhaps it could have been coincidence or subliminal brain - consciousness processes in operation? Who knows?
The fact (and it is fact sorry you have to take my word for that) (if you can't then 'postulate' the concept for a moment
and try to focus on explanations?
We only ever did this once it was not a usual occurrence (hence why was so intrigued). I must admit
Have no intention of ever doing it again either.
I very cheekily asked (being poor as you do) when would we win the Football Pools and it just kept going to XXXXXXX
although I did not count them so am lost as to that particular answer? This occurred in 1974 and it has since made me
question many things.
This is one of many experiences that have kept me focused on gathering answers that could possibly account for
how these things occur? It’s most interesting.”
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 03 Nov 2009, 01:24

Scepcop wrote:
What about George Anderson? I heard he was undebunked and one of the most amazing.

JonDonnis, how can you say you haven't found a real psychic?

Not all psychic hits can be explained through fraud or luck or cold reading. Some are unexplained. In such cases, what do you conclude?

You heard wrong about George.
And that's the silliest thing I've ever heard about finding a real psychic. If we have found a "real psychic" then the word "parapsychology" could no longer be used. Think Scepcop!
ProfWag

Postby WhiteTiger » 03 Nov 2009, 17:00

ProfWag wrote: If we have found a "real psychic" then the word "parapsychology" could no longer be used. Think Scepcop!

Think yourself Prof, or perhaps just use a dictionary occasionally. Parapsychology doesn't simply mean "psychics", you know (or should know).

Tiger
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever
WhiteTiger

Postby Scepcop » 03 Nov 2009, 19:15

billardbobby wrote:Hi guys
I am bobby ,I saw the owner of the Bad Psychics network.I personally many skeptical sites including.I look forward to reading your input.Can you post some links to your sites, and explain what they are about?Please give me please. I am not here to start to debate the content on my sites, if you wish to do so please go to my forum, or leave comments on my sites.I wish to debate with people on here within this forums topics etc, I am not interested in a slanging match with people who dislike my site.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Which sites are you referring to and who are you referring to?

The link to the Bad Psychics site is in the first post in the thread.

Can you quote the text you are responding to and be more specific?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 03 Nov 2009, 19:51

WhiteTiger wrote:
ProfWag wrote: If we have found a "real psychic" then the word "parapsychology" could no longer be used. Think Scepcop!

Think yourself Prof, or perhaps just use a dictionary occasionally. Parapsychology doesn't simply mean "psychics", you know (or should know).

Tiger

Really? Then what else does it mean Tiger?
ProfWag

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself