View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Hey Guys

Introduce yourself here!

Hey Guys

Postby TheParanormalAnalyst » 25 Dec 2013, 05:16

I'm a former army intel analyst, no I won't engage in any discussions about conspiracy theories or suspected government cover-ups...

I'm interested in the paranormal and am a big critic of modern skeptics like Joe Nickell and James Randi. I run a website dedicated to the same- hint it is in my username

I look forward to some good discussions with you guys.
Critical Thinking and Logic offer the only sure path to truth.
TheParanormalAnalyst

Re: Hey Guys

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Dec 2013, 23:41

Welcome! Feel free to read and jump in or start a new topic.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 26 Dec 2013, 11:33

TheParanormalAnalyst wrote:I'm a former army intel analyst, no I won't engage in any discussions about conspiracy theories or suspected government cover-ups...

you might warm to the idea. although were you privy to any juicy 'above top secret' black ops?

I'm interested in the paranormal and am a big critic of modern skeptics like Joe Nickell and James Randi. I run a website dedicated to the same- hint it is in my username

Interesting site! wonder if we can cross-link, so you get a forum thrown in... it's incredibly busy round here.

I look forward to some good discussions with you guys.

See busy remark lol
SydneyPSIder

Postby TheParanormalAnalyst » 26 Dec 2013, 15:35

SydneyPSIder wrote:
TheParanormalAnalyst wrote:I'm a former army intel analyst, no I won't engage in any discussions about conspiracy theories or suspected government cover-ups...

you might warm to the idea. although were you privy to any juicy 'above top secret' black ops?

Only if I want to spend a very long time in prison. Edward Snowden released information on NSA operations that are already being ruled unconstitutional and people are still calling for his head. Plus the NSA is very good at hearing many things. These days I think I would have a hard time calling anybody too paranoid when it comes to communications and electronics.

SydneyPSIder wrote:
TheParanormalAnalyst wrote:I'm interested in the paranormal and am a big critic of modern skeptics like Joe Nickell and James Randi. I run a website dedicated to the same- hint it is in my username

Interesting site! wonder if we can cross-link, so you get a forum thrown in... it's incredibly busy round here.

It's a work on progress... I think paranormal investigators need to move away from trying to fit into the empirical-model (except for a few cases) and adopt a logic-based methodology. Ironically this is very similar to what we use in intelligence analysis and we are dealing with very similar problem sets - making judgments on limited information. The intelligence community has learned the hard way that without a very systematic approach this work is highly subjective and in our world that means more people die. Bias-elimination, logic and critical thinking are bred into new analysts which is a very good thing.
Critical Thinking and Logic offer the only sure path to truth.
TheParanormalAnalyst

Return to Introduce Yourself