View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Just Communication

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Just Communication

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 01 Jun 2012, 02:13

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:
Twain Shakespeare wrote:I feel ignored.

And I feel under appreciated, but you don't see me whining about it. ;)

Ninja, you should never feel under appreciated. Perhaps we just don't tell you enough how much we appreciate what you do. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but you have to be the best mod out there. Thanks for all you do for us.
Twain, it may be because we're never sure who will show up so we don't know how to talk to you...Just a thought.

I have told you before, Ninja, quite recently, you have a tough job, and you do it well. You don't whine eithewr. I was whining, but I was in pain.

Prof, took me a moment for your comment to scan, but I dig it. "I am large. I contain multitudes."

And welcome to the forum Heero. Look forward to your posts.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby ProfWag » 01 Jun 2012, 06:36

Twain Shakespeare wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Twain, it may be because we're never sure who will show up so we don't know how to talk to you...Just a thought.

Prof, took me a moment for your comment to scan, but I dig it. "I am large. I contain multitudes."

Yes Twain (or Shakespeare), that can sum it up.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Jun 2012, 10:14

Heero_Yuy wrote:This forum has so much potential, but the topics keep petering out, perhaps because the soil is shallow?

IMO, the reason that topics keep petering out has a lot to do with the origin of this forum. You've obviously taken the time to read SCEPCOP'S Treatise and some of his other writings and in many ways, we have seen all of the debunking techniques in action at some time or another.

Another reason is that the regulars around here have been around for years. We're all pretty comfortable with each other and I think that we tend to just know that what may come across as harsh to a newbie is just a byproduct of familiarity.

Our topic subject matter is controversial to say the least. People who believe in UFOs may not agree with the idea of ghosts because of religious beliefs. People with heavy religious beliefs don't want to have their beliefs torn apart by atheists who use cold, hard science to present their views and the believer doesn't stick around very long.

Just my two cents regarding your question.

Oh an one other thing. Because of the small gene pool here when one of us gets busy, has a personal dilemma or whatever, things just stop dead. It's not from lack of interest in the topic but once you've read the last post and have to log off, it can be difficult to get back into the swing again without re-reading a few pages to get back on track. At least that's been one of my problems.
NinjaPuppy

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself