[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Just Communication : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Just Communication

Introduce yourself here!

Just Communication

Postby Heero_Yuy » 28 May 2012, 12:13

Dear Forum Members,

Hello. First, thank you SKEPCOP for both of your treatise. I have also enjoyed some of you other articles. You seem to have an open, yet small community.

I feel as if I know some of you: whether it be Arouet, ProfWag, Craig Browning, or NinjaPuppy, since I have read many of your posts. I am aware that you are looking for new members. Here I am.
This forum has so much potential, but the topics keep petering out, perhaps because the soil is shallow?

I have been looking around the forums for a while now. I am interested in several of the topics of discussion, and feel that I may have something to contribute here.

Here are some of the topics I am interested in. I can began talking about them any time.

-History: Fiction or Science, already has an entry here, but I would like to further the discussion. What of his critique of Carbon dating? Or his comparison of Names and paintings?
The first three volumes are on Google books. Perhaps ProfWag would discuss them with me?

-September Clues- I have seen the videos and some rebuttal. I would like to go through the series point by point, analyzing each claim. Would you be interested, SKEPCOP?... Arouet?

-Philosophy- Particularly the essay Death and Furniture (free online, just look it up), and how it may undermine the baseline arguments for realism such as are given in the Sequences on the site Less Wrong (particularly the first entry). Craig, are you up for it?

-"Randi's Prize: What Skeptics Say about the Paranormal..." Is it just the paranormal version of The Case for Christ, or does the rabbit hole go deeper? Anyone?

I also have some questions as I began my journey here:

SKEPCOP, why do you abandon threads after a few posts?
If there really is a World Conspiracy, are you afraid for your life, or the lives of those that come onto this forum?
Do you think you are putting them in danger?
Perhaps you could allow for more anonymity when signing on... (like no required email?)

There are more, but I will start here. If I have been offensive, I apologize, but if I am going to post something that will be on the internet forever, I think I'd better make it count. These Issues are serious, and I might as well try to deal with them that way. Even if all of them turn out to be bunk. I am in a good position right now to evaluate these claims:. Help me. You think I am an idiot: correct me. Above all ENGAGE Me. Here I am.

Sincerely,

Heero Yuy
Heero_Yuy

Re: Just Communication

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 May 2012, 02:47

NinjaPuppy

Postby Heero_Yuy » 29 May 2012, 02:59

Its not like you can't create an email..."

Thanks for the tip.

May I start a new topic about The first two issues? Threads already exist, but I kind of want to start fresh...

Heero
Heero_Yuy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 May 2012, 03:03

NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 29 May 2012, 07:08

Welcome to the forum! I'm not really into the sept 11/conspiracy theory topics but the parapsychology stuff is interesting to me. I have Randi's Prize and have read a few chapters but not finished it yet - but I should so I thread on it might be interesting.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 May 2012, 07:11

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 May 2012, 05:14

Heero - You now have full membership 'stuff'. Whatever the heck that may be. You're PM is now up and running.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 31 May 2012, 05:32

ProfWag

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 31 May 2012, 09:29

I feel ignored.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 May 2012, 18:47

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 31 May 2012, 19:13

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 May 2012, 19:24

NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 31 May 2012, 19:30

Yes, we do appreciate you! if Scepcop did he'd put a minimum post count before new members can post links!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 May 2012, 19:42

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 31 May 2012, 21:18

ProfWag

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself