[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hi all : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hi all

Introduce yourself here!

Hi all

Postby Student of Sophia » 02 Aug 2009, 02:41

Hey, glad to be here. 8-)

Anyone from http://www.freeratio.org//index.php here? I'm fairly active in their new 'pseudoscience' section, which they made just for lil ol me because I was making too many pesky parapsychological threads in their science section *gasp*. Naturally they viewed that as sort of sacrilege....how dare I pollute their 'real' science section with such 'woo'.

Saw Leo's thread there about this site and I figured I better join up. Strength in numbers.

SoS
Student of Sophia

Re: Hi all

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2009, 03:27

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 02 Aug 2009, 05:20

Welcome Student of Sophia,

I know how it is when you are on a forum with everyone opposed to your beliefs and position. It can be draining after a while. We all need to hang around people who uplift us and add to our energy, not with those who drain us and demean us.

So who is Sophia? Is she a great philosopher or someone in history?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Student of Sophia » 03 Aug 2009, 05:42

Student of Sophia

Postby gumpi » 03 Aug 2009, 22:22

Hi Sophia,

I have seen you around the internet somewhere. perhaps IIDB?
gumpi

Postby Scepcop » 03 Aug 2009, 22:46

BTW Sophia, so where are you from? Are you male or female?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby gumpi » 04 Aug 2009, 01:02

Vinny, is it important whether someone is male or female? If so, maybe you can set up an avatar for each name?
gumpi

Postby ciscop » 05 Aug 2009, 01:15

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2009, 23:18

I thought there were already avatars built into the system? Let me check on that. I'll see what I can do. I am new with phpBB3.

Even if there aren't built in default avatars, you can always upload your own in your user cp profile.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 02:14

Ok it looks like the avatar feature in the profiles were disabled. I went into the admin panel and enabled them. So you can now upload your own avatars or link them to an image URL. I've raised the file size to 100,000 bytes, which I think is 100k, and 100 pixels height and width, to lighten up the restrictions on avatar sizes.

To upload or link your own avatar, go to "User Control Panel" at the top, then click the Profile tab, then click "Edit Avatar", and follow the instructions.

I will soon be uploading avatar packs in the forum gallery so you can choose from there too. I will let you all know when that's done.

Thanks,
Vinstonas
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 05:43

Ok I've uploaded some avatar packs into the forum gallery. To access them, follow the instructions above to get to the Avatar configuration screen of your profile in the UCP. Then at the bottom you will see a button that says "Display Gallery". Click on that and it will show you the galleries of avatars available for you to select. To toggle between galleries, select them at the top and then click "Go".
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself