[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Greetings : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Greetings

Introduce yourself here!

Greetings

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 30 Jul 2009, 04:57

Hello, Jon Saint Germain here. I'm a professional Psychic Entertainer, Hypnotist and author of over two dozen books dealing with various parapsychologcal topics. I've written some well-received books on hand reading through Llewellyn publications. I was close friends with the late Dr. Marcello Truzzi and miss him, with his sensible approach to paranormal investigation.

Many years ago I spent quite a bit of time in debate with the pseudo-skeptics. I gave it up as a lost cause. :D I look forward to participating in this forum because man, do I have stories....

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Re: Greetings

Postby Jim-Callahan » 30 Jul 2009, 05:00

Hey Jon,

Nice to see you here.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Jim-Callahan

Postby ciscop » 30 Jul 2009, 05:05

nice too see you here
i trully respect your work
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 30 Jul 2009, 05:34

Welcome to the forum Jon Saint Germain.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Jim-Callahan » 30 Jul 2009, 05:40

Jim-Callahan

Postby ciscop » 30 Jul 2009, 05:55

i respect john riggs
he is a well known author and an amazing inventor
whats wrong with that?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 30 Jul 2009, 06:22

Welcome Jon Saint Germain,
That's awesome that you are published. Do you have a website or a list of your publications?

What would you say is the key to getting published? Is it knowing the right people and having connections?

When you say you're a Psychic Entertainer, do you mean you do it for show only, and not for serious readings? Do you have psychic abilities yourself?

You are right that debating closed minded skeptics is a lost cause, but since they're here now, well what can I do? They keep the forum active, so as long as they're not rude...

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Good to have you.

Vinstonas
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 30 Jul 2009, 06:24

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ciscop » 31 Jul 2009, 00:57

John Saint Germain = John Riggs
As Jon Saint Germain he publishes a lot of books about psychic readings, this is his webpage http://www.jonsaintgermain.com/
as John Riggs he is an amazing inventor of magic tools and a writer, some of his inventions are labelled as the best in the field (i respect and admire really highly creators of magic)

Slim King, Professor, Dave Koenig, SkeptiqueBoy, Professor Hoodo... is the same delusional fellow that failed to present a workable protocol for the million dollar test, then start bashing on JREF, Allison Smith, Jeff Wagg and James Randi and was banned from the million dollar test.
ciscop

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 31 Jul 2009, 08:48

John Riggs? He's a dodgy fellow I try to stay clear of. :D

I do readings both for entertainment and for private consultation. Often the two overlap.

Not sure what the key to getting published is. There seems to be no logic to it. I had friends who helped, certainly, but mainly, as they say, you keep throwing it at the wall until it sticks. :)

I just found out today A Lover's Guide to Palmistry was published in Polish. I received four copies of the hardbound Polish edition. That makes six languages my palmistry books are in; Polish, Greek, Czech, Russian, Japanese and English. :)

I do seem to recall the stir around Professor Slim. I never did get the long and short of it.

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 31 Jul 2009, 08:50

Jim, how in the world are you? Raymond Hill says Hi and that Sagan is trying to get in touch with you.

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby Scepcop » 31 Jul 2009, 11:30

Congrats on being published in Polish. Lots of people in Europe are interested in this kind of stuff too.

Do you think palmistry is an exact science or subject to interpretation from one's higher self?

BTW, it would be neat if someone could channel Carl Sagan and have him tell the skeptics "We were all wrong about the Afterlife!" Or even channel one of the deceased CSICOP members.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Eteponge » 31 Jul 2009, 12:30

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 31 Jul 2009, 12:33

Scepcop,

I think the term "Palmistry" is an umbrella covering a vast number of disciplines and collections of lore encompassing fact, science, superstition, folklore, psychology, genetic research, interpretive skill and medical diagnosis. I've studied and continue to study all of these aspects of this misunderstood field, which is as noted, actually many fields. :D In its classical form, it's a philosophical system based on Greco-Roman archetypes used by reader/participant to explore inquiries of a spiritual or psychological nature.

This is why the strictly rational, materialist analysis of Palmistry fails to grasp the essence of the craft and it's often dismissed as fortune telling or cold reading. Scientific methods simply cannot be applied to a philosophical system. You can't "prove" theism, Buddhism, ontology, existentialism, Palmistry, Astrology etc because these are philosophical systems designed for making inquiries of a spiritual nature, not for forming, testing, and falsifying hypotheses about the physical universe.

This misunderstanding, more than anything else--attempting to apply the scientific method to what are in essence philosophical systems--is the source of so much confusion (and often bitter debate) between the practitioners of these systems and the skeptics.

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 31 Jul 2009, 12:35

Jon Saint Germain

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself