View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Paranormalist, Jim Callahan

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Paranormalist, Jim Callahan

Postby ciscop » 31 Jul 2009, 09:54

Jon Saint Germain wrote:I knew of a Pararealtor; he sold people property for their afterlife. You could purchase Heavenly Mansions in the "better" neighborhoods in heaven.

J

incredible
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby gumpi » 03 Aug 2009, 22:33

Hello Jim,

I am not understanding what is going on here. Are you saying that you performed a magic trick on phenomenon?
gumpi

Postby Scepcop » 03 Aug 2009, 22:48

Jim-Callahan wrote:First let me say Criss is in good shape.
Though I think he was on something whenever I saw him.
Just my opinion of course.

However I had no intention of hitting him.
No real reason to he did what we expected him to do.

Best Wishes,

Jim

If you had no intent of hitting him, then it's unfortunate that both of you were restrained on TV, cause the act of restraint made it LOOK like they were breaking up a fight.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 04 Aug 2009, 02:14

Criss Angel is a sad joke and a sign of the times we live in that anyone, with a strong publicity machine, can rise in the public eye. His average fans are 16 year old girls with goth fantasies.

Criss contacted me about becoming a consultant on his show. I refused. I knew it wasn't for me. I would not be part of something that bashes psychics, encourages intellectual bigotry, and dumbs down the art and craft of mentalism. Plus, to hang out with a 40-something guy who dresses like Brittney Spears would drive me to distraction. He screwed Banacheck and everyone else who worked with him. What a guy. I think it lowers the tone of this forum to even discuss him.

Jim was, in my opinion, one of the strongest performers on the show, if not the strongest. He hearkened back to the days when psychic entertainers weren't afraid to cross the line into strong presentations. I was delighted, but also knew there would be large numbers of people who wouldn't understand his performance. Behold Randi's legacy. A similar thing happened when my good friend Gerard Senehi appeared on the Today Show recently. JREF received tons of calls and e-mails wanting them to "take him down." JREF called Banachek asking if Gerard was one of the good guys. Banacheck told them Gerard was one of the most ethical performers around and a great guy, which he is. Again, behold Randi's legacy: a large group of people who cannot distinguish between powerful entertainment and someone out to steal the bankroll. Pah.

The good news is that the pseudoskeptics seem to be rapidly losing their credibility.

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby ciscop » 04 Aug 2009, 06:20

Jon Saint Germain wrote:Jim was, in my opinion, one of the strongest performers on the show, if not the strongest. He hearkened back to the days when psychic entertainers weren't afraid to cross the line into strong presentations.

you mean the ethics line?
you mean the time of spiritualism, the fox sisters and psychic cabinets?
all cheaters and scam artists exposed in their time as they are exposed now

when you go ¨for real¨
you arent entitled to the protection of magic tricks like magicians
you get exposed and that was happened
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Jim-Callahan » 05 Aug 2009, 05:53

gumpi wrote:Hello Jim,

I am not understanding what is going on here. Are you saying that you performed a magic trick on phenomenon?

No I did not if I had done a 'magic trick' Angel, Randi and the JREF memebers would have exposed it.

I have put up a rather sizable amount of money to back up the truth of what I did that night.
(The specifics are on my website).

What you saw was no magic trick.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Jim-Callahan

Postby ciscop » 05 Aug 2009, 06:07

Jim is telling the truth
it wasnt a Magic Trick
amongst Mentalists.. it is called an Effect
what he did was an effect.. actually more likely an act
nothing more, nothing less.
if you check jim´s site you will see that he is a Master Magician, and even has a label ¨that he is an artist creating realities¨ ( thats is his escape route, when he gets caught red handed or he gets bored with raymond, he can go and said it was all an act)

if he could repeat the effect for JREF he would get a million dollars, but he wont do it.. he wants to win the lottery without purchasing the ticket... so its a done deal there... what you see, is jim doing his character 24/7 like the chinese magician that pretended to be old in ¨The Prestige¨, well here is Jim, living his part i kind of admire that of him, he cant say raymond hill is just an act, because he is a paranormalist, you see?.
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 05 Aug 2009, 18:00

Jon Saint Germain wrote:Criss Angel is a sad joke and a sign of the times we live in that anyone, with a strong publicity machine, can rise in the public eye. His average fans are 16 year old girls with goth fantasies.

Criss contacted me about becoming a consultant on his show. I refused. I knew it wasn't for me. I would not be part of something that bashes psychics, encourages intellectual bigotry, and dumbs down the art and craft of mentalism.

From Criss Angel's remarks in various interviews and tv shows, it's pretty obvious that he's never actually researched paranormal phenomenon indepth, and hasn't actually sought out good evidence and data for himself. Rather, it's as if he's convinced it's all BS from the get go, without proper research and investigation.

He comes across as a 40 year old emo kid where it's as if when he was young he discovered that some things in life are BS, therefore coming to the hasty conclusion that everything mysterious, unexplained, and paranormal in life must therefore be BS as well, all of it! That if some things wonderous in this world are just a trick, then everything else wonderous in the entire world in all of human history must therefore just be a trick as well! If some things are BS, then everything is BS!

It's that type of attitude, where one's mind is already fully made up that one gains that auto-dismissive attitude where no matter what you say or do, "it's wrong", regardless of what the data and evidence might suggest.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 06 Aug 2009, 03:48

haha thats what jim got right about criss
i thought he hit in the nail when he call it a
40 year old dressing as an emo (or gothic kid?)
HILARIOUS! i thought it was great
well done jim!
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 06 Aug 2009, 04:04

ciscop wrote:haha thats what jim got right about criss
i thought he hit in the nail when he call it a
40 year old dressing as an emo (or gothic kid?)
HILARIOUS! i thought it was great
well done jim!

Yeah, a 40 year old emo kid...

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2009, 04:11

Please tell me that is NOT Chris Angel sans make up???????
NinjaPuppy

Postby Eteponge » 06 Aug 2009, 04:34

NinjaPuppy wrote:Please tell me that is NOT Chris Angel sans make up???????

That's just a picture I've found online of a "40 year old emo kid" it gets posted a lot online, and is hilarious. I posted it just to show how silly a 40 year old emo kid look can be.
Eteponge

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 06 Aug 2009, 04:39

ciscop wrote:
Jon Saint Germain wrote:Jim was, in my opinion, one of the strongest performers on the show, if not the strongest. He hearkened back to the days when psychic entertainers weren't afraid to cross the line into strong presentations.

you mean the ethics line?
you mean the time of spiritualism, the fox sisters and psychic cabinets?
all cheaters and scam artists exposed in their time as they are exposed now

when you go ¨for real¨
you arent entitled to the protection of magic tricks like magicians
you get exposed and that was happened

Don't put words into my mouth. I said nothing about crossing an ethics line. I was speaking of theatrical presentations.

Have you nothing better to do than start flame wars?

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby ciscop » 06 Aug 2009, 04:44

yes.. i get it, i know what you stand for
it is entertainment so is valid to play with people beliefs if it is for ¨entertainment¨ and ¨theatrical¨ presentations
personally i think the best participant was Guy Bavli, i was also greatly impress with Gerry.

but back to the point..
great picture.. poor 40year old emo dude..
his picture is everywhere now
hahahahahaha love it
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2009, 07:34

Thanks for the clarification on the pic.

NinjaPuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself