View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Newbie Here

Introduce yourself here!

Newbie Here

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 Jul 2009, 00:40

Hello all. My name is NinjaPuppy and I am looking for a paranormal based Forum that is what I would term, "middle ground". Good discussion, pleasant people, interesting and thought provoking topics.
NinjaPuppy

Re: Newbie Here

Postby Scepcop » 30 Jul 2009, 06:18

Hi NinjaPuppy,
What a cute username. hehehe

I think you've come to the right place if you're looking for a "middle ground". But as the forum grows in members, the variety of people here increases, so I cannot generalize or group everyone as a certain type anymore, since it's an open forum for anyone and thus different types of people will join.

But I hope you find the discussions to be interesting and informative.

I look forward to your posts.

And welcome to the forum.

Regards,
Vinstonas
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Jul 2009, 06:31

Thank you for your kind welcome. I've been keeping myself busy here reading the different topics and getting aquainted with the different member's thoughts on the discussions. I look forward to expanding my personal views on the topics and perhaps add to the mix when applicable.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 30 Jul 2009, 08:13

Well I hope to hear your input soon, cause at this point, it almost seems like the skeptics here are starting to outnumber the paranormal supporters, which if true, would be quite......... sad. lol

I mean, having more skeptics than believers on a counter skeptic forum would make this site look kind of "weak".

At this point, I'm afraid to even count the active skeptics and believers for fear of finding out that we are not outnumbered on our own forum.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Jul 2009, 08:32

Scepcop wrote:Well I hope to hear your input soon, cause at this point, it almost seems like the skeptics here are starting to outnumber the paranormal supporters, which if true, would be quite......... sad. lol

Not sad at all really. This seems to be a new forum and it takes time for people of similar interests to find a nitch where they may feel comfortable.

I mean, having more skeptics than believers on a counter skeptic forum would make this site look kind of "weak".

I think that it's rather nice of them to come out and offer their views. Something here has obviously got their attention.

At this point, I'm afraid to even count the active skeptics and believers for fear of finding out that we are not outnumbered on our own forum.

Then the believers must choose their battles wisely. ;)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 04 Aug 2009, 02:25

So Ninjapuppy, where are you from? Are you male or female? Do you know ninjitsu? Do you have a puppy?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Aug 2009, 04:37

Scepcop wrote:So Ninjapuppy, where are you from?

The southern half of the good 'ol US of A. Nowhere near any of the other member(s) here that have been accused of being the same person(s) over on the JREF topics. Let's get that factoid out of the way right now, shall we?

Are you male or female?

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Do you know ninjitsu?

I have never had the honor of meeting him. Is he a member of this forum?

Do you have a puppy?

No puppies. I do have 4 dogs that were once classified as puppies but that was many years ago. The clarification of 'many years' ago would be specifically counted in dog years and not human years.

Now if you can't tell that I can have an offbeat sense of humor by my above responses, I appologize for coming off as flippant, it was certainly not my intent. Here is a bit more about me for those who may actually be interested:

I have been interested in all paranormal subjects since childhood. I have had a few unusual personal experiences in my half of a century on this earth and would like to find some answers to the questions I have regarding these experiences. I hope to spend my next half of a century looking for those answers. I am a 'glass half full' kind of person and I enjoy discussing many different topics with like minded and open minded people.

I also enjoy listening to people who might be deemed skeptics as I feel that all discussion is necessary to stimulate the human brain enough to encourage thought outside of one's individual comfort zone. I've learned that listening is more important than talking so if I don't comment on a topic it is because I feel that my input is not essential at the time or that I prefer to evaluate the information at hand before sticking my $.02 into the mix.

I was directed to this forum by someone who is not a member at this time but in a related conversation, was kind enough to point me to your website. I am here because I admire your viewpoints on the paranormal and your courage to put them out there for discussion in such an open format.

I do not subscribe to any organized monotheistic religion yet would never consider anyone's personal religious beliefs to be right or wrong. As a child I was taught that no matter what a person's beliefs are, as long as they firmly believe without question, they are just fine. It's when we question those beliefs or have doubts in what we were taught that we need to begin the journey to search for our own answers. Spending a lifetime looking for answers beats the crap out of swallowing things that we do not believe to be true.

I do not have a personal website as I like to think of myself as a private person. I do not mind personal questions but will not directly answer any that may jeopordize my privacy on a public forum as I have had a previous bad experience with a whackjob who had some deluded attraction with me. It wasn't pleasant to say the least.

I guess that should about cover everything anyone may want to know about me and anything else will probably come out as I join in on the topics here on this forum. I really look forward to good conversation and discussion on this forum as that can be hard to find at times. Thank you Mr. Wu for your time and effort in creating this place.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 04 Aug 2009, 05:40

NinjaPuppy wrote:The southern half of the good 'ol US of A. Nowhere near any of the other member(s) here that have been accused of being the same person(s) over on the JREF topics. Let's get that factoid out of the way right now, shall we?

Oh a southern belle? Wow it must be nice to be used to Southern hospitality huh?

Are you male or female?

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

No, but I am just curious to know the basics of the people here.

Do you know ninjitsu?

I have never had the honor of meeting him. Is he a member of this forum?

Ninjitsu is a martial art that ninjas follow :)

Do you have a puppy?

No puppies. I do have 4 dogs that were once classified as puppies but that was many years ago. The clarification of 'many years' ago would be specifically counted in dog years and not human years.

Wow that's a handful. You must have a big house or else you'd be crowded with dogs which makes it hard to type.

Now if you can't tell that I can have an offbeat sense of humor by my above responses, I appologize for coming off as flippant, it was certainly not my intent. Here is a bit more about me for those who may actually be interested:

I have been interested in all paranormal subjects since childhood. I have had a few unusual personal experiences in my half of a century on this earth and would like to find some answers to the questions I have regarding these experiences. I hope to spend my next half of a century looking for those answers. I am a 'glass half full' kind of person and I enjoy discussing many different topics with like minded and open minded people.

I also enjoy listening to people who might be deemed skeptics as I feel that all discussion is necessary to stimulate the human brain enough to encourage thought outside of one's individual comfort zone. I've learned that listening is more important than talking so if I don't comment on a topic it is because I feel that my input is not essential at the time or that I prefer to evaluate the information at hand before sticking my $.02 into the mix.

I was directed to this forum by someone who is not a member at this time but in a related conversation, was kind enough to point me to your website. I am here because I admire your viewpoints on the paranormal and your courage to put them out there for discussion in such an open format.

I do not subscribe to any organized monotheistic religion yet would never consider anyone's personal religious beliefs to be right or wrong. As a child I was taught that no matter what a person's beliefs are, as long as they firmly believe without question, they are just fine. It's when we question those beliefs or have doubts in what we were taught that we need to begin the journey to search for our own answers. Spending a lifetime looking for answers beats the crap out of swallowing things that we do not believe to be true.

I do not have a personal website as I like to think of myself as a private person. I do not mind personal questions but will not directly answer any that may jeopordize my privacy on a public forum as I have had a previous bad experience with a whackjob who had some deluded attraction with me. It wasn't pleasant to say the least.

I guess that should about cover everything anyone may want to know about me and anything else will probably come out as I join in on the topics here on this forum. I really look forward to good conversation and discussion on this forum as that can be hard to find at times. Thank you Mr. Wu for your time and effort in creating this place.

Your welcome. And might I say that you seem very wise and bright. I like your attitude. You are the kind of quality poster that I was hoping this forum would attract. :)
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Aug 2009, 05:50

Scepcop wrote:Your welcome. And might I say that you seem very wise and bright. I like your attitude. You are the kind of quality poster that I was hoping this forum would attract. :)

That is very nice of you to say. Thank you.

As a disclaimer I should probably add that I am anything but a southern belle. I have been told my entire life that I lack the required tact and decorum. If I over step my bounds, please feel free to let me know.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Introduce Yourself