[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
New Member : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum
View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
Post a reply

04 Jan 2011, 04:55

Hi Everyone,
I am a believer. I have spent most of my life learning to cope and deal with paranormal activity (starting around the age of 5). I am always looking for answers to odd situations that present themselves to me. Instead of fearing the unknown, I am trying to educate myself to make better use of unexplained activities. I am looking forward to reading, sharing, and most of all learning from everyone here in the forum.
Cheers,
~Mel

Re: New Member

04 Jan 2011, 05:35

04 Jan 2011, 07:00

Welcome to the forum!

04 Jan 2011, 10:17

Thanks for the kind welcome.

I wouldn't claim that paranormal has taken control, but it has increased my interest and awareness over the past 31 years. Fortunately I have no "amazing" stories to tell or report. Of course in reality I guess it depends on how the reader interprets it. (BTW, I am mentally stable, drug free, and not on any form of medication).

My experiences as a child and as an adult are based on moving shadows, footsteps, breathing, smells,touches, and even the "unexplainable gut instinct or/nauseous" in certain situations. I do a lot of traveling and moving based on my career, so I can't lock down a key location where majority of the activity tends to occur for me. Plus, I will never doubt the power of a vivid imagination as a child (or adult). However, on several occasions I had witnesses experience the same shadows, foot steps, and smells at the exact same time as myself. Ideally as an adult, I have a tendency write it off as my imagination, unless our dog reacts or another person experiences the same activity at the exact same time.

For years I have read and watched scientific debunking and catch myself applying similar techniques to possible paranormal activity. If I feel activity is starting to overwhelm me, I acknowledge the activity verbally and ask for "it" to kindly stop. Much to my good fortune it has worked out for me.

I have often considered attempting EVP's but to be honest, part of me is afraid I might actually receive a response. I am not mentally prepared to dabble into the unknown without a better understanding of what exactly I'm opening myself up to. Hopefully I can use this forum to build a better relationship with understanding the possibility of paranormal activity and use the experience to enlighten others.
Thanks for the response,
Cheers,
Melonie

04 Jan 2011, 19:45

I can fully understand what you are saying. As they say, "been there, done that".

04 Jan 2011, 20:08

I think we've all experienced things that we can't immediately explain. I think one of the biggest fears in people is the fear of the unknown. If we don't know what something is, that's something to be concerned about.
I wonder sometimes that when primitive people experienced similar things such as unkown shadows and the like, what did they attribute that to? Surely they must've had "gut feelings" and similar intuitive experiences. Before there were "ghost stories," ESP, etc., what did they think when they had what we call today a paranormal experience? I'm certainly not saying all ghosts that people see are shadows as many honest people believe, but before there were ghost stories, what did primitive humans think when they saw a shadow or something they couldn't explain?

04 Jan 2011, 20:50

05 Jan 2011, 18:27

Great post Ninja. Ya know, got to thinking that my dog is afraid of shadows so I would think that even primitive man would have been afraid of them as well, they just probably didn't think that a shadow could be from the afterlife, but you're right, we can only speculate.

19 Jan 2011, 15:04

Welcome reynolmj!

I understand your hesitation about using EVP's. Hope you have the courage to try them someday. Maybe you can find a local paranormal or ghost hunting group in your area to do such things with?

If dogs and cats see something you don't, and react to it, there might be something there, since they are sensitive to more things than we are.

19 Jan 2011, 21:38

26 Mar 2011, 15:57

Post a reply