View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

A new skeptical member

Introduce yourself here!

Re: A new skeptical member

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Apr 2010, 10:51

Not trying to trash this welcome thread - just going off the deep end this evening
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 23 Apr 2010, 12:30

Nostradamus wrote:I think if you were to be a mascot you'd need some dramatic changes such as this.
ciscop in is mascot outfit

Hahahahahahaha
im trapped in the office trying to make some equipment work

you just make it a fun evening with this photo
thanks a lot
hahahahaha
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 26 Apr 2010, 14:41

rachelschmink wrote:Hi. I'm a very analytical person who likes to understand how things work. I don't quite understand why there's both SCEPCOP and SCICOP, since they both claim to have the same goals: apply logic and rationalism to questionable claims.

I think that the JREF million dollar challenge is very interesting, and I'd love to take it on, but unfortunately, don't have any paranormal abilities. I'd love to find someone who does and work with them to win the challenge...

Are you serious? You don't understand the difference between CSICOP and SCEPCOP? Did you even look at the home page of this site and read the intro on it?

CSICOP is an organization of people who debunk and ridicule everything the challenges the status quo, establishment views and materialism. They do so under the false pretense of skepticism, rationality, science and critical thinking.

They do so by following these core rules, which is reflected in all their writings, interviews and speeches:

1. Any idea that challenges the status quo, establishment view, or materialistic paradigm is to be ridiculed and discredited.
2. Believe anything the establishment tells you with unquestioning faith and zero skepticism. Critical thinking is only to be used at anything that challenges the status quo, never at the status quo itself.

They follow these rules under the false guise of "skepticism, critical thinking, rationality and science". That's how they are deceptive and that's why they need to be exposed for what they really are.

SCEPCOP on the other hand, exposes all this for what it is, championing truth and objectivity instead.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 26 Apr 2010, 20:49

Scepcop wrote:SCEPCOP on the other hand, exposes all this for what it is, championing truth and objectivity instead.

This tickles me.
ProfWag

Postby rachelschmink » 27 Apr 2010, 05:13

Scepcop wrote:Are you serious? You don't understand the difference between CSICOP and SCEPCOP? Did you even look at the home page of this site and read the intro on it?

You sound upset; you're attacking me for no reason. I've read the majority of articles on both your site and CSICOP. If an intelligent newcomer like me is confused, then I suggest you view that as valuable feedback.

CSICOP is an organization of people who debunk and ridicule everything the challenges the status quo, establishment views and materialism. They do so under the false pretense of skepticism, rationality, science and critical thinking.

Being really honest with you, you're not portraying yourself in the best light as you write sweeping emotional accusations of bad faith such as this.

More powerful would be for you to describe actual incidents, with links to the sources, and let others draw conclusions about whether CSICOP is operating under a pretense.
rachelschmink

Postby ciscop » 27 Apr 2010, 14:05

Scepcop wrote:SCEPCOP on the other hand, exposes all this for what it is, championing truth and objectivity instead.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUNNIEST POST EVER !!!!

you left me speechless laughing!!!
i dont have a comeback for this one.. that was just pure genius!!

thanks!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself