View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby Scepcop » 22 Jan 2010, 04:56

ProfWag wrote:BTW, you do know, don't you, that there are recent pictures of the landing sites, complete with lunar modules and even footprints?


Can you show us some of these pictures and links to more info about this? Every time people have asked for them, NASA comes up with excuses why they can't show any recent pictures and why they can't have the Hubble Telescope see them.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29






Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby Scepcop » 22 Jan 2010, 04:58

I googled the debate and found it here:

http://odeo.com/episodes/23217443-This- ... -Plait-mp3
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 05:05

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:BTW, you do know, don't you, that there are recent pictures of the landing sites, complete with lunar modules and even footprints?


Can you show us some of these pictures and links to more info about this? Every time people have asked for them, NASA comes up with excuses why they can't show any recent pictures and why they can't have the Hubble Telescope see them.

You've obviously not researched this issue or you know know why the Hubble can't photograph the landing sites (for the record: The Moon is 384,400 km away. At that distance, the smallest things Hubble can distinguish are about 60 meters wide. The biggest piece of left-behind Apollo equipment is only 9 meters across and thus smaller than a single pixel in a Hubble image.)
Photos:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/m ... sites.html
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Joe Rogan demolishes Phil Plait in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 05:09

Scepcop wrote:
Even if all the moon landing conspiracies were disproven or debunked, the moon landing would still not be proven. Bottom line is that we simply don't know and can't take it as gospel truth.

And even if they were to take a hundred DNA tests, they still could not prove who your parents are. I mean, c'mon Scepcop. Your argument may be true to a small degree, but there is solid evidence of the moon landings. Much more so than psychic abilities.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 05:12

SCEPCOP wrote:It's funny how most people take the moon landing on faith as though it were gospel truth and that anyone who dares to question it must be a lunatic. That doesn't make sense at all, because technically, NO ONE who hasn't gone to the moon himself really knows if the moon landing was real or not. It's not been 100 percent proven that the moon landings were real. Anyone who believes it takes it on faith.

That is one excellent point. Skeptics don't believe anything that can't be proven to their satisfaction and we only know what we have been told about this.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Joe Rogan demolishes Phil Plait in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 05:15

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
Even if all the moon landing conspiracies were disproven or debunked, the moon landing would still not be proven. Bottom line is that we simply don't know and can't take it as gospel truth.

And even if they were to take a hundred DNA tests, they still could not prove who your parents are. I mean, c'mon Scepcop. Your argument may be true to a small degree, but there is solid evidence of the moon landings. Much more so than psychic abilities.

Who needs DNA when you are physically there to witness birth? We women don't forget what it's like to pop something the size of a watermellon out of our... Oh, just forget that.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 05:21

Scepcop wrote:I googled the debate and found it here:

http://odeo.com/episodes/23217443-This- ... -Plait-mp3

And Phil's comments here: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badas ... -take-iii/

The most important thing to point out, I believe, is that this was NOT a debate. It was a radio show between an astronomer and a seasoned comedian.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 05:34

ProfWag wrote:The most important thing to point out, I believe, is that this was NOT a debate. It was a radio show between an astronomer and a seasoned comedian.

Does that make a difference in who lost?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby Scepcop » 22 Jan 2010, 05:48

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:BTW, you do know, don't you, that there are recent pictures of the landing sites, complete with lunar modules and even footprints?


Can you show us some of these pictures and links to more info about this? Every time people have asked for them, NASA comes up with excuses why they can't show any recent pictures and why they can't have the Hubble Telescope see them.

You've obviously not researched this issue or you know know why the Hubble can't photograph the landing sites (for the record: The Moon is 384,400 km away. At that distance, the smallest things Hubble can distinguish are about 60 meters wide. The biggest piece of left-behind Apollo equipment is only 9 meters across and thus smaller than a single pixel in a Hubble image.)
Photos:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/m ... sites.html


Oh and those pictures are proof to you? lol

I can draw dots with a pen or marker on a photo to make them like that. Man you are gullible and have no standards when it comes to believing anything that's official.

Image

Image
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Joe Rogan demolishes Phil Plait in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 06:00

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
Even if all the moon landing conspiracies were disproven or debunked, the moon landing would still not be proven. Bottom line is that we simply don't know and can't take it as gospel truth.

And even if they were to take a hundred DNA tests, they still could not prove who your parents are. I mean, c'mon Scepcop. Your argument may be true to a small degree, but there is solid evidence of the moon landings. Much more so than psychic abilities.

Who needs DNA when you are physically there to witness birth? We women don't forget what it's like to pop something the size of a watermellon out of our... Oh, just forget that.

How do you know the children weren't switched at birth? See, that's my point. Winston says the moon landing can't be proven, but in reality, not much on this planet can be, but there's plenty of good evidence for most things, one way or the other...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 06:02

Scepcop wrote:
I can draw dots with a pen or marker on a photo to make them like that. Man you are gullible and have no standards when it comes to believing anything that's official.


I'm gullible and have no standards? Uhhhh, yea, okay.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 06:04

NinjaPuppy wrote:Does that make a difference in who lost?

If there is no debate, then there is no winner or loser to a debate.
I could say that the Cubs beat the Cowboys, but if there is no game, then there is no winner or loser.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 06:57

I never used the word debate in my comment. It's probably one point of view over another but you can still have someone come out on top of the issue.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Jan 2010, 10:47

NinjaPuppy wrote:I never used the word debate in my comment. It's probably one point of view over another but you can still have someone come out on top of the issue.

Wellllll, maybe. And maybe not...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Phil Plait destroyed in Moon Hoax Debate!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2010, 21:09

Well.... certainly not around here. :lol:
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests