View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Movements of Gov't Officials RE: 9/11

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Movements of Gov't Officials RE: 9/11

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Dec 2009, 02:51

Stundie wrote:Claiming that every CT claim is unreal is silly and highlights cognitive dissonance rather than critical thinking skills. The Halloween Massacre (see link above!) was a conspiracy involving Cheney and Rumsfeld to overthrow certain Republicans in power during Ford's presidency.

I skimmed over the information in that link and I have to go back and read it again. However, when it comes down to my personal thinking about government CTs in general, just put Dick Cheney's name in it and I'll believe it. That man gives me the willies.
Stundie wrote:One of the things which got me interested in the 9/11 conspiracy theory was Dick Cheney and his movements on the morning of 9/11. I have since discovered that the commission claims that DIck Cheney was in the Presidential Emergency Operational Centre (PEOC) at 9:58am, perhaps 10:00am is patently a coverup/lie because when you look at all the evidence available (including an interview with Dick Cheney himself given 5 days after the attacks) it suggests that he was in the PEOC before the Pentagon attack at 9:37am.
NinjaPuppy

Re: Movements of Gov't Officials RE: 9/11

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Dec 2009, 02:56

I'll have to do a bit of searching to find the information that I had read about this. I do recall my POV at the time being that DC was pretty much acting as if he was going to be running things from the begining. However, without the timeline, I'm dead in the water.

Found it: http://www.historycommons.org/timeline. ... 1_timeline
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Dec 2009, 03:25

So here we go round the mullberry bush with a series of:

* Conflicting personal recollection of events
* The good old "National Security" edits required for anything pertaining to a touchy subject
* Natural confusion that can take place during such an emergency
* Revisionist history used by some politicians & press to make themselves seem more important than they really are
* Nimrods who can't remember what they're supposed to do in such an emergency because they didn't read the memo
* People who can't read their watches (that would be most elected officials)
* Emergency equipment that doesn't work properly (secure phone lines) because it's not used enough to know if it's crapped out
* A host of characters running this country that you'd probably not trust your dog with but for some reason voted for them
* And last but not least.....

Dick Cheney - Covering for a President who can make Larry, Moe and Curley seem like professors.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Dec 2009, 03:56

As far as a CT goes, like I said, I would not put anything past Cheney. The man shot a friend of his in the face while hunting for crying out loud. I don't doubt that Cheney had delusions of grandure right around 9:00 AM, give or take a few minutes, of somehow playing commander-in-chief in his secure little PEOC tree fort.

Personally I don't give a rat's patooty what time anyone arrived at PEOC. The sooner the better if you ask me. Nor do I care where any of the various "undisclosed locations" are either. Not one bit of most of this information is necessary to anyone other than those with proper security clearance.

However, that Cheney is a slick one, so you never know with him. Yes, a lot of this seems very fishy but from the other side of it nothing like this had ever happened before so it's hard to judge any of it from what we have been told.

Stundie - I'd love to hear your comments on this as I'm sure you can add much to what I've found.
NinjaPuppy

Postby stundie » 14 Dec 2009, 05:22

NinjaPuppy wrote:As far as a CT goes, like I said, I would not put anything past Cheney. The man shot a friend of his in the face while hunting for crying out loud.
If you want to see what else Cheney is capable of, you should watch the Frontline special called Bush's War.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/

NinjaPuppy wrote:I don't doubt that Cheney had delusions of grandure right around 9:00 AM, give or take a few minutes, of somehow playing commander-in-chief in his secure little PEOC tree fort.
That's good! The question of what he was doing during this time might explain a lot.
NinjaPuppy wrote:Personally I don't give a rat's patooty what time anyone arrived at PEOC. The sooner the better if you ask me.
You should NinjaPuppy, because there might be a very good reason why we are told he arrived at the PEOC at 9:58am.
NinjaPuppy wrote:Nor do I care where any of the various "undisclosed locations" are either. Not one bit of most of this information is necessary to anyone other than those with proper security clearance.
Don't worry, the PEOC is an underground bunker under the White House and is no secret.
NinjaPuppy wrote:However, that Cheney is a slick one, so you never know with him.
Yeah, he's a slick dick indeed! lol
NinjaPuppy wrote:Yes, a lot of this seems very fishy but from the other side of it nothing like this had ever happened before so it's hard to judge any of it from what we have been told.
It is hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff, but not impossible. :)
NinjaPuppy wrote:Stundie - I'd love to hear your comments on this as I'm sure you can add much to what I've found.
Well I think it's important to put our personal beliefs at the door and talk about possibilities.

The time of his arrival is very important because if the commission got it wrong, then it begs the question who and why did they get it wrong?

Was it a mistake or something more sinister?

Sorry NinjaPuppy, as I feel like I'm teasing you but I'm short of time at the moment, I'll hopefully find some time tomorrow and explain what I've discovered so far.

Cheers

Stundie :)
There is no such things as magic, just magicians and fools.
stundie

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 06:24

stundie wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:As far as a CT goes, like I said, I would not put anything past Cheney. The man shot a friend of his in the face while hunting for crying out loud.
If you want to see what else Cheney is capable of, you should watch the Frontline special called Bush's War.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/

I watched parts 1 &2 and I'll watch the others while I eat dinner. In parts 1 & 2 I didn't see much that impressed me about anything unusual about Cheney. The man is not someone I care for at all and he's just being true to form here.

Stundie wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I don't doubt that Cheney had delusions of grandure right around 9:00 AM, give or take a few minutes, of somehow playing commander-in-chief in his secure little PEOC tree fort.

That's good! The question of what he was doing during this time might explain a lot.
NinjaPuppy wrote:Personally I don't give a rat's patooty what time anyone arrived at PEOC. The sooner the better if you ask me.
You should NinjaPuppy, because there might be a very good reason why we are told he arrived at the PEOC at 9:58am.

See my reasons above. I'm sure that as soon as the first plane went off course, someone was alerted. By now there were a few planes without radio contact, so you better believe Washington was notified.

Stundie wrote:The time of his arrival is very important because if the commission got it wrong, then it begs the question who and why did they get it wrong?
Was it a mistake or something more sinister?

I doubt it was either. More like one of those 'National Security' things.

Stundie wrote:Sorry NinjaPuppy, as I feel like I'm teasing you but I'm short of time at the moment, I'll hopefully find some time tomorrow and explain what I've discovered so far.

Don't worry about it, I'm always around. It will give me a chance to watch some of the attached videos to the Frontline video.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 10:52

See my reasons above. I'm sure that as soon as the first plane went off course, someone was alerted. By now there were a few planes without radio contact, so you better believe Washington was notified.

Actually, it's not unusual to lose contact with a few planes a day for short periods of time. There are many planes in the air and if your thinking is that the planes want to contact you because they are friends and not enemies, then your thinking is not to push the panic button when contact is lost.

Remember the NW flight. They were doing whatever and overshot the airport by 150 miles. No intercept that day.

Stundie, that document you posted. Was the WH in the chain of command or was it the secretary of defense?
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 18:21

Nostradamus wrote:

Actually, it's not unusual to lose contact with a few planes a day for short periods of time. There are many planes in the air and if your thinking is that the planes want to contact you because they are friends and not enemies, then your thinking is not to push the panic button when contact is lost.

Remember the NW flight. They were doing whatever and overshot the airport by 150 miles. No intercept that day.

Yes, I am aware of that as I had mentioned the NW flight in a previous topic a few weeks (months?) ago, and point taken as it certainly does fit the explanation. However, in this case at 8:45 AM, you already have one plane firmly embedded into the side of the WTC. At 9:03 AM, the second plane follows. Both flights are out of Boston accoridng to this CNN report- http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/c ... gy.attack/

Now we have the CIA who gathers all sort of information and I'm sure, reports what they deem to be of an important nature to all of those in the know back in Washington. Let's just say for the sake of argument that the CIA caught wind of some kind of pending situation that might be of interest and that in the event of any unusual situation, they (Washington) had some loosie goosie plan if/when such a thing takes place.

Years before, it's not like the Clinton administration wasn't aware that Osama bin Laden was a threat. However, they didn't take him all that seriously either. But I'm sure they knew that OBL could become a major thorn in their sides at some point. So it's their (CIA) job to gather what they can so as to be prepared in the event should an issue arise.

Is it so hard to think that as of 8:46 AM, someone didn't know of some impending doom scenario that worked it's way down to the bottom of the intelligence pile and say, "What the hey??? Let's get on the stick here and CYA? There might actually be something to all this crap that we have been hearing?"

The President was out of town and covered by his people who were with him at the time. Cheney of course is next in charge and he was in his office and you've got a ton of Secret Service people who have one priority. That priority is to protect him as he is top dog under those circumstances. Putting Cheney's sorry arse down in the bunker, once again is good business.

Now for those of you who like to think that Cheney seemed to be in that bunker a bit prematurely, it's his privilige. He can play in the bunker without anyone's permission if he feels it's in his best interest. Besides, reports of our VP going down to a secure bunker is a lot less embarrassing than reports of not being able to find him because he was hiding under his desk. :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby stundie » 15 Dec 2009, 23:24

Right, I've been promising to fill you in on what I have discovered in regards to Dick Cheney's movements on the morning of 9/11.

According to the 9/11 commission, they claim that Dick Cheney arrives at the PEOC at 9:58am but according to an interview he gave just 5 days after the attacks, he says just after watching the 2nd attack on TV, Secret Service grab him and take him to a corrider, then he goes to the PEOC where he is with Norman Mineta (Who claims he arrives at the PEOC about 9:20am) when they hear of the Pentagon attack.

Meet The Press - Interview with Dick Cheney by Tim Russert wrote:MR. RUSSERT: Let me turn to the events of Tuesday. Where were you when you first learned a plane had struck the World Trade Center?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Well, I was in my office Tuesday morning. Monday, I had been in Kentucky, and the president had been in the White House. Tuesday, our roles were sort of reversed. He was in Florida, and I was in the White House Tuesday morning. And a little before 9, my speechwriter came in. We were going to go over some speeches coming up. And my secretary called in just as we were starting to meet just before 9:00 and said an airplane had hit the World Trade Center, and that was the first one that went in. So we turned on the television and watched for a few minutes, and then actually saw the second plane hit the World Trade Center. And the--as soon as that second plane showed up, that's what triggered the thought: terrorism, that this was an attack...

MR. RUSSERT: You sensed it immediately, "This is deliberate"?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Yeah. Then I convened in my office. Condi Rice came down. Her office is right near mine there in the West Wing.

MR. RUSSERT: The national security adviser.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: National security adviser, my chief of staff, Scooter Libby, Mary Matalin, who works for me, convened in my office, and we started talking about getting the Counterterrorism Task Force up and operating. I talked with the president. I'd given word to Andy Card's staff, who is right next door, to get hold of Andy and/or the president and that I wanted to talk to him as soon as they could hook it up. This call came in, and the president knew at this point about that. We discussed a statement that he might make, and the first statement he made describing this as an act of apparent terrorism flowed out of those conversations.

While I was there, over the next several minutes, watching developments on the television and as we started to get organized to figure out what to do, my Secret Service agents came in and, under these circumstances, they just move. They don't say "sir" or ask politely. They came in and said, "Sir, we have to leave immediately," and grabbed me and...

MR. RUSSERT: Literally grabbed you and moved you?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Yeah. And, you know, your feet touch the floor periodically.
But they're bigger than I am, and they hoisted me up and moved me very rapidly down the hallway, down some stairs, through some doors and down some more stairs into an underground facility under the White House, and, as a matter of fact, it's a corridor, locked at both ends, and they did that because they had received a report that an airplane was headed for the White House.

MR. RUSSERT:
This is Flight 77, which had left Dulles.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Which turned out to be Flight 77. It left Dulles, flown west towards Ohio, been captured by the terrorists. They turned off the transponder, which led to a later report that a plane had gone down in Ohio, but it really hadn't. Of course, then they turned back and headed back towards Washington. As best we can tell, they came initially at the White House and...

MR. RUSSERT: The plane actually circled the White House?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Didn't circle it, but was headed on a track into it. The Secret Service has an arrangement with the F.A.A. They had open lines after the World Trade Center was...

MR. RUSSERT: Tracking it by radar.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: And when it entered the danger zone and looked like it was headed for the White House was when they grabbed me and evacuated me to the basement. The plane obviously didn't hit the White House. It turned away and, we think, flew a circle and came back in and then hit the Pentagon. And that's what the radar track looks like.
The result of that--once I got down into the shelter, the first thing I did--there's a secure phone there. First thing I did was pick up the telephone and call the president again, who was still down in Florida, at that point, and strongly urged him to delay his return.

MR. RUSSERT: You told him to stay away from Washington.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I said, `Delay your return. We don't know what's going on here, but it looks like, you know, we've been targeted.'

The president was on Air Force One. We received a threat to Air Force One--came through the Secret Service...

MR. RUSSERT:
A credible threat to Air Force One. You're convinced of that.

VICE PRES. CHENEY:
I'm convinced of that. Now, you know, it may have been phoned in by a crank, but in the midst of what was going on, there was no way to know that. I think it was a credible threat, enough for the Secret Service to bring it to me. Once I left that immediate shelter, after I talked to the president, urged him to stay away for now, well, I went down into what's call a PEOC, the Presidential Emergency Operations Center, and there, I had Norm Mineta...

MR. RUSSERT: Secretary of Transportation.

VICE PRES. CHENEY:
...secretary of Transportation, access to the FAA. I had Condi Rice with me and several of my key staff people. We had access, secured communications with Air Force One, with the secretary of Defense over in the Pentagon. We had also the secure videoconference that ties together the White House, CIA, State, Justice, Defense--a very useful and valuable facility. We have the counterterrorism task force up on that net. And so I was in a position to be able to see all the stuff coming in, receive reports and then make decisions in terms of acting with it.

But when I arrived there within a short order, we had word the Pentagon's been hit. We had word the State Department had been bombed, that a car bomb had gone off at the State Department. Turned out not to be true, but we didn't know that at the time. We had a report that Norm had provided that there were six airplanes that might have been hijacked, and that's what we started working off of, was that list of six.
In this interview, he states that SS moved him because a plane (AA77) was heading towards them, SS were tracking it by radar so they moved Cheney to a corridor, then he goes to the PEOC.

If the SS detail with Cheney were watching a plane heading towards them and eventually the Pentagon, then there are lot of questions we should be asking, like why wasn't the Pentagon notified that a plane was heading towards the White House and eventually the Pentagon.

Maybe this is the reason why either the commission creates this 9:58, perhaps 10:00am timeline or Cheney told the commission these lies to cover up this fact?

We also know that when Mineta testified, he says that a young man was updating Cheney of a plane that was 50, 30 then 10 miles out heading towards them and that he was speaking with Monte Belger to establish were this plane was and when it's disappears, they get notified that a plane had hit the Pentagon.

Some debunkers claim that Mineta is wrong, that he is mistaken about the time he claims to arrived at the PEOC at approx 9:20, some also claim that Mineta is mistaken that he is talking about UA93 even though he clearly states in his testimoney, that he didn't hear anything about UA93 until after it had crashed.

I've spent 3 years researching this and every time I ask a debunker to provide evidence that is time is wrong or that it was UA93, I get nothing more than fantasy based beliefs, even when it is pointed out that in the interview above, Cheney clearly states that was in the PEOC with Mineta before they hear of the Pentagon attack.

The thing is, all the evidence I've found supports what Mineta says and what Cheney said 5 days after the attacks. That they were in the PEOC before the Pentagon attack which disproves the commisions claims that he arrived at 9:58am, perhaps 10:00am.

What is surprising is the lack of actual evidence to support the commissions claims. There are footnotes and annotations to the evidence, but most of it is not there to view for some unknown reason and even the commission states there is conflicting evidence as to the time of Cheney's arrival. Some of the evidence is laughable, including the alarm data they use to support this 9:58am timeline, which for some reason is not retrievable.

It would be easy to assume that the commission made some mistakes, but what if there is a pattern to these mistakes and more important a reason.

I think what Mineta reveals explains why this new time was created, but it appears as though it was being created before then. In every single interview after this one he gave 5 days after the attacks, when he is asked about what happened that morning, he changes his story to create this new timeline.

What is strange is that there are others who mention that Dick Cheney arrives at 9:58.

I'll let you digest this and wait for some debunking before I continue on.

Cheers

stundie

Postby stundie » 16 Dec 2009, 00:02

I should also provide evidence that Secret Service were monitoring AA77 before it hit the Pentagon, so here is an interview with Secret Service Barbara Riggs.

Barbara Riggs wrote:Thru monitoring radar and activating an open line with the FAA, the Secret Service was able to receive real time information about other hijacked aircraft. We were tracking two hijacked aircraft as they approached Washington, D.C. and our assumption was that the White House was a target. While the White House was evacuated, the Secret Service prepared to defend the facility.

The system they used is called "Tigerwall"

Information in Tigerwall can be found here.
The system uses cameras and radiofrequency equipment to identify planes and other objects in the sky, and provides a real-time tactical map of their locations and trajectories. The system was designed by SPAWAR, the Navy's space warfare division, for the Secret Service. I imagine that the system is not purely for surveillance; the information provided by the "tiger" could create a virtual "wall." Tigerwall could be used to shoot down airborne hostiles, like a mini anti-ballistic-missile system around high value assets"
http://www.spawar.navy.mil/sti/publicat ... td3105.pdf

Counterterrorism “tsar” Richard Clarke will describe that on 9/11 in his book that the Secret Service had “a system that allowed them to see what FAA’s radar was seeing.”
stundie

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Dec 2009, 02:50

While I was there, over the next several minutes, watching developments on the television and as we started to get organized to figure out what to do, my Secret Service agents came in and, under these circumstances, they just move. They don't say "sir" or ask politely. They came in and said, "Sir, we have to leave immediately," and grabbed me and...

MR. RUSSERT: Literally grabbed you and moved you?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Yeah. And, you know, your feet touch the floor periodically.
But they're bigger than I am, and they hoisted me up and moved me very rapidly down the hallway, down some stairs, through some doors and down some more stairs into an underground facility under the White House, and, as a matter of fact, it's a corridor, locked at both ends, and they did that because they had received a report that an airplane was headed for the White House.

Yup! That's pretty much SOP.
VICE PRES. CHENEY: And when it entered the danger zone and looked like it was headed for the White House was when they grabbed me and evacuated me to the basement. The plane obviously didn't hit the White House. It turned away and, we think, flew a circle and came back in and then hit the Pentagon. And that's what the radar track looks like.
The result of that--once I got down into the shelter, the first thing I did--there's a secure phone there. First thing I did was pick up the telephone and call the president again, who was still down in Florida, at that point, and strongly urged him to delay his return.

MR. RUSSERT: You told him to stay away from Washington.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I said, `Delay your return. We don't know what's going on here, but it looks like, you know, we've been targeted.'

The president was on Air Force One. We received a threat to Air Force One--came through the Secret Service...

MR. RUSSERT: A credible threat to Air Force One. You're convinced of that.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I'm convinced of that. Now, you know, it may have been phoned in by a crank, but in the midst of what was going on, there was no way to know that. I think it was a credible threat, enough for the Secret Service to bring it to me. Once I left that immediate shelter, after I talked to the president, urged him to stay away for now, well, I went down into what's call a PEOC, the Presidential Emergency Operations Center, and there, I had Norm Mineta...

Now just so you know, 'tweedle dee' and 'tweedle dum' can make all the plans in the world that they want, but it's still going to go down according to Secret Service plans and protocol as to what actually will be done.
Stundie wrote:If the SS detail with Cheney were watching a plane heading towards them and eventually the Pentagon, then there are lot of questions we should be asking, like why wasn't the Pentagon notified that a plane was heading towards the White House and eventually the Pentagon.

From what I understand, the plane that hit the Pentagon was flying lower than they thought it was. Originally it was thought (and I use that word lightly) it was at a higher altitude, heading in the direction of the White House but of course we know it hit the Pentagon. Some sort of altitude calculation error due to radar screens vs. eye witness or visual reports.
Stundie wrote:There are footnotes and annotations to the evidence, but most of it is not there to view for some unknown reason and even the commission states there is conflicting evidence as to the time of Cheney's arrival. Some of the evidence is laughable, including the alarm data they use to support this 9:58am timeline, which for some reason is not retrievable.

That's probably, and I am taking an educated guess at this... one of those National Security things where certain information is kept hush-hush for usually very good reasons. It's a US Secret Service/CIA/FBI/government standard. If you would like I can give you some very good reasons that it is used as I am married to someone who is rather well versed in the subject.
NinjaPuppy

Postby stundie » 09 Jul 2010, 07:31

Sorry I forgot to reply to this NinjaPuppy. :)
NinjaPuppy wrote:Yup! That's pretty much SOP.
Now just so you know, 'tweedle dee' and 'tweedle dum' can make all the plans in the world that they want, but it's still going to go down according to Secret Service plans and protocol as to what actually will be done.
It is SOP but it's the timing that is in question. The commission uses a timeline that isn't backed up by the evidence and it's suggest that they knew alot earlier, this timeline the commission uses would be a great cover to explain why no one at the Pentagon was warned about AA77 especially if Cheney and SS knew it was incoming.
NinjaPuppy wrote:That's probably, and I am taking an educated guess at this... one of those National Security things where certain information is kept hush-hush for usually very good reasons.
Of course, we should expect somethings to be kept secret but what if National Security is being invoked to cover up or lie about something?
Take a look at this..
The 9/11 Commission becomes unhappy with the quality of information being provided by the CIA, FBI, and Pentagon about detainees in US custody who are being interrogated, because “the government’s investigators [are] not asking the detainees the kinds of questions [it wants] answered” - they are asking about future threats rather than the history of the 9/11 plot. The Commission is receiving detainee evidence “third-hand - passed from the detainee, to the interrogator, to the person who writes up the interrogation report, and finally to [its] staff in the form of reports, not even transcripts.” It can take up to six weeks for a report on an interrogation to be produced. Due to the absence of any interaction between Commission staff and detainees, they also have “no way of evaluating the credibility of detainee information.” -Kean and Hamilton, 2006, pp. 119-123
http://www.historycommons.org/context.j ... ndetainees

The commission requested to speak with some detainees in order to find out why 9/11 happened, but Ashcroft, Rumsfeld and Tenet told them not to cross the line.
http://badnewsbarnes666.files.wordpress ... a-memo.jpg
It would appear that the White House was telling the commission what they wanted to tell them and of course, any shite they obtained from waterboarding detainees.
NinjaPuppy wrote:It's a US Secret Service/CIA/FBI/government standard.
Of course, there are things which need to be kept quiet about and should be kept secret but there should always be legitimate reasons. think the issue of not allowing them to speak with detainees is not so much of a grounds of national security, but the methods they were obtaining that info was grounds for national security.
NinjaPuppy wrote:If you would like I can give you some very good reasons that it is used as I am married to someone who is rather well versed in the subject.
Cool stuff NinjaPuppy. Her thoughts would be appreiciated especially on end of this article.
Inside the Bunker By WILLIAM SAFIRE wrote:........A threatening message received by the Secret Service was relayed to the agents with the president that "Air Force One is next." According to the high official, American code words were used showing a knowledge of procedures that made the threat credible.

(I have a second, on-the-record source about that: Karl Rove, the president's senior adviser, tells me: "When the president said `I don't want some tinhorn terrorists keeping me out of Washington,' the Secret Service informed him that the threat contained language that was evidence that the terrorists had knowledge of his procedures and whereabouts. In light of the specific and credible threat, it was decided to get airborne with a fighter escort.")

After the president put down at an Air Force base in Louisiana and made a tape for broadcast (presumably no satellite was available for a live feed), he was, in Rove's term, "pretty antsy" about not being at the center of command.

Bush made clear to Cheney, says my source who was in the bunker, his intense desire to return to Washington immediately. The Secret Service objected strongly. The vice president, a former secretary of defense, suggested Air Force One go to Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, headquarters of the Strategic Air Command, with a communications facility where the president could convene the National Security Council.

"It would have been irresponsible of him to come back, pounding his chest," says my source, "when hostile aircraft may have been headed our way. Any suggestion that he should have done so is ludicrous."

Confession: I made just that suggestion in yesterday's column, which stimulated two set-it-straight calls. Why didn't the V.P. make an appearance during that long afternoon in Bush's stead? The official reason is that Cheney was busy in the basement; the real reason, I think, is that he was unduly concerned it would appear presumptuous.

The most worrisome aspect of these revelations has to do with the credibility of the "Air Force One is next" message. It is described clearly as a threat, not a friendly warning — but if so, why would the terrorists send the message? More to the point, how did they get the code-word information and transponder know-how that established their mala fides?

That knowledge of code words and presidential whereabouts and possession of secret procedures indicates that the terrorists may have a mole in the White House — that, or informants in the Secret Service, F.B.I., F.A.A. or C.I.A. If so, the first thing our war on terror needs is an Angleton-type counterspy
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/13/opinion/13SAFI.html
There were other sources which cast doubt on this threat and I wonder if it was a creation by Cheney to divert Bush out of the way.

Of course this article is nothing more than the reporters opinions based on his sources and not established facts.

Cheers

stundie

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jul 2010, 18:58

Hey Stundie! Good to see you.
NinjaPuppy

Postby stundie » 10 Jul 2010, 06:58

Thanks mate. I hope all is well with you? :)
stundie

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Jul 2010, 19:01

Doing very well thanks.
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups