View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Let's Discuss Thermite on 9/11

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Let's Discuss Thermite

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 00:03

brett wrote: OK the argument will be thrown up that there was just too much , OK then at least "representative samples "
[b]

Your representative samples:

http://wtc.nist.gov/media/gallery.htm#recover
ProfWag

Postby brett » 27 Oct 2009, 00:11

ProfWag wrote:
brett wrote:as to if /if not thermite/thermate was used ?? - well from my small knowledge of fire investigation , the seeming fact that a LOT of the steel work has been removed ( eg evidence ) from what is a crime scene - does raise questions , how are we to determine the facts when so much evidence is now gone forever ?? - at any fire i was involved in NOTHING was moved or touched UNTILL a trained expert had looked it over , and i have spent hours at a fire digging through debris 3 feet thick in places looking for evidence of a glass container ( which was theorised to have been lobbed into a timber pallet yard ) as an incendiary device - now if a provincial fire brigade can do this ,so as to get a clear picture of what caused a fire , is it not odd that the scene of probably one of the biggest collapses in mankind's history , has been treated in such a cavalier manner and cleared with such haste ?? :?

Brett, as for evidence at the crime scene, perhaps you would find this interesting (you may have to scroll down just a bit):

http://cryptome.info/wtc-fk/wtc-fk-full.htm

well i have not seen those photos posted else where - thanks most interesting - as to the black boxes (-interesting you comment "no one expected to find them" - yet i note that one of the photos notes that human remains are being looked for ) if those photos are recent - may be there still a chance ?? - seems they have plenty to sift through there - but the fact remains that's not ALL of it - and may be - just maybe the "clincher" piece of evidence has been destroyed already ??
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 00:17

brett wrote:
now i am no expert in explosives or even chemistry - so wont comment on the thermite issue further [/b] - BUT again we have to ask the question - why all the molten steel in the debris ?? AND why the picture of that steel column cut at an angle of 45 degrees ?? - and i have watched programs such as "blasters" etc where they SHOW how shaped charges and cutter charges work - so how come similar things are shown in the pictures ?? - fires don't melt columns that way - that much i know , and in fact have never seen a "MELTED" column - despite them being in raging fires for several hours
:?

How much molten steel are you talking about? There was moltenn steel identified that was attributed to the aluminum from the airplanes. Is that what you were referring to?
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 27 Oct 2009, 01:12

thermites.. ?

i saw another member even doubting that planes ever hit the WTC
i have to give kudos to believers for use of their imagination
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 02:39

brett wrote:
well i have not seen those photos posted else where - thanks most interesting - as to the black boxes (-interesting you comment "no one expected to find them" - yet i note that one of the photos notes that human remains are being looked for ) if those photos are recent - may be there still a chance ?? - seems they have plenty to sift through there - but the fact remains that's not ALL of it - and may be - just maybe the "clincher" piece of evidence has been destroyed already ??

I'm glad you found them interesting. I know I did as I had always wondered how they were going through all that crap.
I will only say that those photos are about as recent as anything Scepcop publishes out here on 9/11...
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 02:42

ProfWag wrote:From what I can find, the thermite theory for the collapse of the WTC buildings was started by Steven Jones in the following paper. Do we all agree to this?
http://www.wtc7.net/articles/WhyIndeed09.pdf

I'll wait another day for follow up, but unless someone disputes it, then I will only assume that everyone does agree that the thermite theory was started by Dr. Jones.
ProfWag

Postby brett » 27 Oct 2009, 03:01

ProfWag wrote:
brett wrote:
now i am no expert in explosives or even chemistry - so wont comment on the thermite issue further [/b] - BUT again we have to ask the question - why all the molten steel in the debris ?? AND why the picture of that steel column cut at an angle of 45 degrees ?? - and i have watched programs such as "blasters" etc where they SHOW how shaped charges and cutter charges work - so how come similar things are shown in the pictures ?? - fires don't melt columns that way - that much i know , and in fact have never seen a "MELTED" column - despite them being in raging fires for several hours
:?

How much molten steel are you talking about? There was moltenn steel identified that was attributed to the aluminum from the airplanes. Is that what you were referring to?

um have you actually READ the paper you referred to originally prof - its right there in section one " pools of molten metal " + there's a video reference ,
brett

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 03:26

brett wrote:um have you actually READ the paper you referred to originally prof - its right there in section one " pools of molten metal " + there's a video reference ,

Exactly my point Brett. There are all sorts of references to "molten steel" and "pools," but I couldn't find one reference as to how much of this stuff they are talking about. I've heard it in other threads as well, but I haven't been able to find a reference to how much they are talking about. I don't know how much of a pool of molten metal an airplane would produce, but it surely is much smaller than a building. Please, if someone knows, let me know.
Last edited by ProfWag on 27 Oct 2009, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 27 Oct 2009, 03:31

I have never seen any photos of pools of molten metal. I have been shown fire trucks 'driving through a flow of molten metal'. It was a truck driving through a beam of sunlight coming between buildings. Low sun and lots of dust was all. I have seen the aluminum dripping out of the building video. I have seen photos of fires near the WTC in the trash and had it called 'flowing metal' photo. It was burning office debris. I have seen photos of people 'looking down into a pool of molten metal.' It was people using a flashlight to look into a hole.

I have seen nothing other than some comments on 'pools of molten metal'.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 03:50

Right on NostraDude! While you mention it, have you seen the thermite evidence yet? Has anyone out there? Oh, no one but Dr. Jones himself has seen it and he's not giving it out? Hmpf? Interesting...
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 27 Oct 2009, 03:58

I have been looking for photos of steel from the WTC that melted. If there was enough steel to make 'rivers of molten metal' and anything at all I'd expect to see some of the hardened stuff dug out of the ground. Can anybody locate anything at all of the now hardened steel that was supposed to be melted under the WTC collapse.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 27 Oct 2009, 04:08

ProfWag I did read the thermite paper by harrit. What I thought was interesting is that the paper does not do a chemical analysis. Instead they do an analysis showing the elements. That is quite different. What caught my eye was that some of the elements looked like a possible choice for a silicate. Most minerals are silicates. Then I found a plot for kaolinite and that was a reasonable match. A derivative of kaolinite is used in paints and so that all added up well.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 05:44

Nostradamus wrote:ProfWag I did read the thermite paper by harrit. What I thought was interesting is that the paper does not do a chemical analysis. Instead they do an analysis showing the elements. That is quite different. What caught my eye was that some of the elements looked like a possible choice for a silicate. Most minerals are silicates. Then I found a plot for kaolinite and that was a reasonable match. A derivative of kaolinite is used in paints and so that all added up well.

Great research again Nostradamus!
My next interesting tidbit about themite and Dr. Jones is where he actually found the stuff.
ProfWag

Postby brett » 27 Oct 2009, 05:45

ProfWag wrote:
brett wrote:um have you actually READ the paper you referred to originally prof - its right there in section one " pools of molten metal " + there's a video reference ,

Exactly my point Brett. There are all sorts of references to "molten steel" and "pools," but I couldn't find one reference as to how much of this stuff they are talking about. I've heard it in other threads as well, but I haven't been able to find a reference to how much they are talking about. I don't know how much of a pool of molten metal an airplane would produce, but it surely is much smaller than a building. Please, if someone knows, let me know.

this may help :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDh-2DtGMB0&feature=related

but frankly - i would rather believe these guyshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqNugYbZX7E&feature=related

as always judge for yourself ;)
brett

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 06:15

brett wrote:
this may help :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDh-2DtGMB0&feature=related

but frankly - i would rather believe these guyshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqNugYbZX7E&feature=related

as always judge for yourself ;)

As mentioned, the firefighters in the video you provided are most assuradely telling the truth. But again, could what they have seen not been from the airplane which is the explanation that I have presented? I had seen that first video before so I didn't re-watch it, but I still don't remember anyone mentioning how much "molten lava" they saw. Again, very easily explained as airplane aluminum.
ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups