View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Court rules that MLK was killed by government conspiracy!

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Court rules that MLK was killed by government conspiracy!

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Oct 2009, 11:48

So once again I hear from the Scepcop that can't post supporting evidence.
You fail every challenge. Must be why you resort to ad hominem attacks.

God you skeptics are dumb.

Sorry Scepcop, but JFK was the establishment. So was RFK.

How come powerful people who are pro-war and obey this "evil secret network" at the top of the pyramid don't get shot by lone nuts? Duh.

Sounds like Scepcop has posted a challenge. Unlike Scepcop a challenge should be dealt with.

Let's see Lincoln was pro War and was killed.
Arch Duke Ferdinand was killed.
Pakistan's General Zia was killed.

God you guys are not capable of critical thinking at all, but are puppets

I see no critical thinking here. These are ramblings at best over claims with no evidence.

Another challenge:
You can't even name three government lies.

Taxes can be repealed.
The stimulus package is working.
The economy is recovering.
Health care will cover everyone.
Last edited by Nostradamus on 26 Oct 2009, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Oct 2009, 11:51

Your reading comprehension sucks. Perhaps you should finish grade school before coming here? Look at your quote above. Notice the word that I bolded, "then"? It said he did amock trial and THEN represented the King family in a civil trial.

You guys are so desperate to defend your dogmatic belief that "all conspiracies are false" that you will even ignore basic English grammar to support your emotional illogical faith based delusions that are not based on facts or evidence, but on your religious prejudices. That's so insane. I'm so glad I'm not you guys and that my mind is free to think clearly and logically.

Perhaps you should stick to the facts and stop the ad hominem attacks. You are one statement from being reported and you know I will.

The fact is that this is a lie and a sham. It's a vulgar lie and no matter how much you struggle it is readily apparent to everyone here that this is a lie.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Oct 2009, 11:59

The title of this thread is an out and out LIE.

Perhaps you should read Pepper's book. He is the expert who spent years on this case. You are just an armchair quarterback who doesn't know sh** and BSes to defend evil murderers high up, cause you worship their authority and are blind to their crimes. Sick.

I missed this ad hominem attack. That makes 3. Not surprised. It is the shame of lieing that brings it up isn't it?

The lie is that YOU did not report this as a mock trial. I did. That word then is from my posting, not from the filthy lie you posted. Reading comprehension requires a person to understand a series of statements. I did. You did not. I exposed the mock trial, which you did not. Since you suggest reading Pepper's book you must have known that you posted a lie.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 18:56

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE INVESTIGATION OF
RECENT ALLEGATIONS REGARDING THE ASSASSINATION OF
DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

On August 26, 1998, the Attorney General directed the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice, assisted by the Criminal Division, to investigate two separate, recent allegations related to the April 4, 1968 assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. These allegations emanate from Loyd Jowers, a former Memphis tavern owner, and Donald Wilson, a former agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

In 1993, 25 years after the murder, Jowers claimed that he participated in a conspiracy to kill Dr. King, along with an alleged Mafia figure, Memphis police officers, and a man named Raoul. According to Jowers, one of the conspirators shot Dr. King from behind his tavern.

Wilson alleged in 1998 that shortly after the assassination, while working as an FBI agent, he took papers from the abandoned car of James Earl Ray, the career criminal who pled guilty to murdering Dr. King. Wilson claims he concealed them for 30 years. Some of the papers contained references to a Raul (the alternate spellings, Raoul and Raul, are discussed in Section I) and figures associated with the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. According to Wilson, someone who later worked in the White House subsequently stole the other papers he took from Ray's car, including one with the telephone number of an FBI office.

Both the Jowers and the Wilson allegations suggest that persons other than or in addition to James Earl Ray participated in the assassination. Ray, within days of entering his guilty plea in 1969, attempted to withdraw it. Until his death in April 1998, he maintained that he did not shoot Dr. King and was framed by a man he knew only as Raoul. For 30 years, others have similarly alleged that Ray was Raoul's unwitting pawn and that a conspiracy orchestrated Dr. King's murder. These varied theories have generated several comprehensive government investigations regarding the assassination, none of which confirmed the existence of any conspiracy. However, in King v. Jowers, a recent civil suit in a Tennessee state court, a jury returned a verdict finding that Jowers and unnamed others, including unspecified government agencies, participated in a conspiracy to assassinate Dr. King.

Our mission was to consider whether the Jowers or the Wilson allegations are true and, if so, to detect whether anyone implicated engaged in criminal conduct by participating in the assassination. We have concluded that neither allegation is credible. Jowers and Wilson have both contradicted their own accounts. Moreover, we did not find sufficient, reliable evidence to corroborate either of their claims. Instead, we found significant evidence to refute them. Nothing new was presented during King v. Jowers to alter our findings or to warrant federal investigation of the trial's conflicting, far-ranging hearsay allegations of a government-directed plot involving the Mafia and African American ministers closely associated with Dr. King. Ultimately, we found nothing to disturb the 1969 judicial determination that James Earl Ray murdered Dr. King or to confirm that Raoul or anyone else implicated by Jowers or suggested by the Wilson papers participated in the assassination.

I. SUMMARY OF THE FINDINGS OF THE INVESTIGATION

This report documents the findings of our investigation. Our conclusions are based on over 200 witness interviews, scientific testing and analysis of relevant documentary evidence, and review of tens of thousands of pages of records, including the files and papers from four previous official investigations, related litigation including King v. Jowers, private parties, and the media.

After original investigation and analysis of the historical record, we have concluded that neither the Jowers nor the Wilson allegations are substantiated or credible. We likewise have determined that the allegations relating to Raoul's participation in the assassination, which originated with James Earl Ray, have no merit. Finally, we find that there is no reliable evidence to support the allegations presented in King v. Jowers of a government-directed conspiracy involving the Mafia and Dr. King's associates. Accordingly, no further investigation is warranted.

And that's all I got to say 'bout that. I was wrong in that there appears to have been a civil suit and apologize for that, but my stance still stands.
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 28 Oct 2009, 02:41

Nostradamus wrote:The title of this thread is an out and out LIE.

Perhaps you should read Pepper's book. He is the expert who spent years on this case. You are just an armchair quarterback who doesn't know sh** and BSes to defend evil murderers high up, cause you worship their authority and are blind to their crimes. Sick.

I missed this ad hominem attack. That makes 3. Not surprised. It is the shame of lieing that brings it up isn't it?

The lie is that YOU did not report this as a mock trial. I did. That word then is from my posting, not from the filthy lie you posted. Reading comprehension requires a person to understand a series of statements. I did. You did not. I exposed the mock trial, which you did not. Since you suggest reading Pepper's book you must have known that you posted a lie.

I already told you, the mock trial you referred to and the civil trial I referred to were NOT the same thing! Can you prove that they were? Your source said "mock trial and then civil trial". Don't you see that that refers to two separate trials?

Why do I feel like I'm arguing with someone who is playing games and not serious? That's what's annoying about skeptics. You can't have a real serious discussion with them. They just mock and play games and deny.

Oh and FYI, JFK and RFK were not the establishment. The establishment is the Federal Reserve, CIA, Freemason elite, military industrial complex, etc. The president is just a puppet nowadays anyway. Why do you think they always break their promises and back out on their campaign pledges? Cause someone higher than them is giving them orders and pulling the strings. Smart people see that. Why don't you?

JFK and RFK were going to curb the Federal Reserve and their monetary scam, withdraw troops from Vietnam, expose the criminal syndicate in government, etc. Had they been in power longer, Vietnam wouldn't have happened, and millions of people wouldn't have died in that war. That should sicken you, but it doesn't. Are you a sociopath?

That's why they were removed. Or do you really buy that story that lone nuts finished them both off, just by coincidence? Lone nuts with no motive, and the second one, Sirhan, doesn't even remember pulling the trigger. Have you seen the latest expert investigation that concluded that since RFK was hit from behind, that Sirhan couldn't have shot him since he was in front? It was on the news.

So two lone nuts with no logical motivation, kill two powerful leaders who would have prevented the Vietnam War, and that's just a coincidence to you? Man do I have a bridge to sell you...
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 28 Oct 2009, 02:56

ProfWag wrote:And that's all I got to say 'bout that. I was wrong in that there appears to have been a civil suit and apologize for that, but my stance still stands.

See Nostradamus, even ProfWag can tell that the mock trial and the civil trial were two different things. So why can't you? Are you that desperate to ignore and discredit the facts? Sheesh.

Anyhow, of course a government department is not going to rule in favor of a conspiracy. Why do you think the 9/11 commission, the Warren Commission, and now NIST, etc. ignored so many important key facts, testimonials, and evidence? The 9/11 Commission, for example, even said that the 100,000 dollars wired to Muhammed Atta, one of the hijackers, was of no practical significance.

ProfWag, Nostradamus, do you agree that if one wants to find out who was behind 9/11, that trying to trace the funding and the motive for it, is a crucial and logical step? In other words, doesn't it matter who PAID to have 9/11 happen? Are we in agreement? If so, then how do you explain the Commissions blatant refusal to follow that crucial lead?

But have an independent trial with an agency or group of people who are objective and not affiliated with government interests, and see what happens. That's what happened in the civil trial in which the jury ruled that there was a conspiracy to kill MLK. Why can't you accept that? Do your emotions block you from it?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 28 Oct 2009, 03:21

Scepcop wrote:ProfWag, Nostradamus, do you agree that if one wants to find out who was behind 9/11, that trying to trace the funding and the motive for it, is a crucial and logical step? In other words, doesn't it matter who PAID to have 9/11 happen? Are we in agreement? If so, then how do you explain the Commissions blatant refusal to follow that crucial lead?

Scepcop, I was man enough to admit my mistake on the trial. Previous to that and since then, I have asked for inputs in the Thermite thread as well as for you to comment on my post in the 9/11 Major Breakthrough thread. Since you have done neither of those, as well as answered several of my other logical questions pertaining to 9/11, why do you think I would want to answer you on this? From my viewpoint, when I debunk the financial issue above as well as that film you challenged us to watch that "blew you away," I will not get a response from you. What's my motivation to continue to debunk when all I will get back is either nothing or a lot of rude, emotional banter?
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 28 Oct 2009, 03:59

Scepcop wrote:ProfWag, Nostradamus, do you agree that if one wants to find out who was behind 9/11, that trying to trace the funding and the motive for it, is a crucial and logical step? In other words, doesn't it matter who PAID to have 9/11 happen? Are we in agreement? If so, then how do you explain the Commissions blatant refusal to follow that crucial lead?

By the way Scepcop, what "crucial lead" are you referring to? A lead refers to information that is known that would direct them to the source, but I'm not aware of a specific "lead" as you mention. Could you be more specific please? Chapter 5 of the Commission's report goes into quite an extensive detail on the run-up to 9/11. It is estimated that $400,000-$500,000 was needed. Osama was a billionaire. Other sources of funding was available. Any idea how hard it is to trace $400,000 from a middle eastern bank with holdings in the multi-billions? I doubt it.
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Oct 2009, 07:28

Oh and FYI, JFK and RFK were not the establishment.

FYI, I am in total disagreement with you.

The president is just a puppet nowadays anyway. Why do you think they always break their promises and back out on their campaign pledges? Cause someone higher than them is giving them orders and pulling the strings. Smart people see that. Why don't you?

There are again - utterly wrong. I won't waste my time asking for evidence.
JFK and RFK were going to curb the Federal Reserve and their monetary scam, withdraw troops from Vietnam, expose the criminal syndicate in government, etc. Had they been in power longer, Vietnam wouldn't have happened, and millions of people wouldn't have died in that war. That should sicken you, but it doesn't. Are you a sociopath?

More unsubstantiated claims. Evidence please! I forgot you have nothing to show!

So two lone nuts with no logical motivation, kill two powerful leaders who would have prevented the Vietnam War, and that's just a coincidence to you? Man do I have a bridge to sell you...

No evidence has led you to a conclusion of no merit about members of the establishment.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Oct 2009, 07:35

The 9/11 Commission, for example, even said that the 100,000 dollars wired to Muhammed Atta, one of the hijackers, was of no practical significance.

This is great. You posted some evidence.

Now help me out here and tell me how I can find that evidence. Because my recollection is that the FBI reported lots of information on the payments to the hijackers to follow the money trail. The money trail led to a number of indictments and the closing of so-called charities in the US passing money to terrorist organizations.

I suppose this is in reference to:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A man suspected of playing a key role in bankrolling the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States was released from prison in India less than two years ago after hijackers of an Indian Airlines flight demanded his freedom, a senior-level U.S. government source told CNN.

This source said U.S. investigators now believe Sheik Syed, using the alias Mustafa Muhammad Ahmad, sent more than $100,000 from Pakistan to Mohammed Atta, the suspected hijacking ringleader who piloted one of the jetliners into the World Trade Center.

Investigators said Atta then distributed the funds to conspirators in Florida in the weeks before the deadliest act of terrorism on U.S. soil that destroyed the World Trade Center, heavily damaged the Pentagon and left thousands dead.

So the word significance is in reference to what?
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Oct 2009, 08:03

Let's get on track here. You say you were talking about the civil trial. Well at least 2 of us were confused about the nature of the write up. So now we are talking about a civil trial and you think that means what?

Do you know how a civil trial works? Do you know how a civil trial makes a finding?

From the NY Times Nov 17, 1999
Coretta Scott King testified today before a jury for the first time about the assassination of her husband here 31 years ago.

Mrs. King was the first witness in the wrongful death civil trial of Loyd Jowers, a Memphis cafe owner, who once maintained on television that he had been part of a conspiracy to kill the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the civil rights leader.

Mrs. King testified that her family believed the trial might solve mysteries she says still surround her husband's death. ''We're concerned with having the truth come out in a court of law so that it can be documented for all,'' she said.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages from Mr. Jowers and ''unknown parties.''

James Earl Ray was convicted in the 1968 killing after pleading guilty in 1969. He later recanted his confession, and spent the rest of his life trying to get a new trial. Mr. Ray died in prison last year. His lawyer for the last 10 years of his life, William Pepper, is representing Mrs. King and her four children in the trial.

In the last few years, the Kings have embraced Mr. Pepper's theories, which point toward an intricate conspiracy involving a Memphis produce dealer, the Mafia, the Memphis police and the Army.

In his opening statement, Mr. Jowers's lawyer, Lewis Garrison, did not rebut the conspiracy claims, just the extent of his client's involvement.

From Crime Magazine (I bolded the word bogus)
In 1995 Ray's London-based attorney, William Pepper, asserted that his client was innocent. The conspiracy to kill King, Pepper claimed, was organized by the U.S. government. Pepper alleged that government agents gave the contract to the head of organized crime in New Orleans who, in turn, solicited the assistance of a Mafia member in Memphis to handle the arrangements. The Memphis Mafia boss then hired Loyd Jowers, owner/operator of Jim's Grill beneath Ray's rooming house, to handle the payoff and dispose of the murder weapon. A U.S. Army sniper squad was in place to shoot King if the Mafia hit failed. Pepper alleged that the FBI, CIA, the media, Army Intelligence, and state and city officials helped cover up the assassination. In the late '90s Pepper claimed to have found Ray's handler, the mysterious Raoul (now re-named Raul by Pepper). Raul was allegedly a Portuguese immigrant living in New York State.

During the period when the Justice Department had been investigating these new allegations of conspiracy, the King family, represented by Pepper, sued Loyd Jowers in a wrongful-death lawsuit. They believed Jowers's 1993 televised admission that he had participated in a "conspiracy" to kill King gave King's family sufficient grounds to initiate a private law suit. During the 1999 four-week civil trial, which was held in a Shelby County Court House in Memphis, Pepper repeated the claims he had made in his 1995 book, Orders To Kill. Pepper had no interest in seeing Loyd Jowers go to jail. The whole thrust of Pepper's efforts was in trying to prove that Jowers was merely a tool in a larger conspiracy involving the FBI, the Military, the CIA, and the Mafia. Pepper's thesis centered on the reasons why the government wanted to eliminate the civil rights leader.

From the start, Pepper's courtroom allegations were viewed by many commentators as ludicrous, dependent as they were on the stories of many discredited witnesses who did not reveal their far-fetched tales until many years after the assassination. The jury, which consisted of six blacks and six whites, took three hours to reach its verdict of conspiracy involving Jowers. The King family received a token $100 award. The guilty verdict was hardly surprising, considering that Jowers's lawyer never disputed the contentions of the King lawyers. As the jury heard no evidence to rebut the conspiracy theory, it was inevitable it would return a verdict favorable to Pepper and the King family. The trial was, effectively, bogus.

The DOJ team of investigators (appointed by U.S. Atty. Gen. Janet Reno and which had no connection to the FBI) released its report in June 2000. The report rejected all of Pepper's conspiracy claims that had been made during the conspiracy trial, and provided evidentiary proof to support the team's conclusions.

Pepper never presented any credible evidence that would have supported his allegations, especially those of FBI involvement in the murder, or the allegation that the bureau never looked for a conspiracy in the first place. Contrary to the claims made by conspiracy advocates, it is clear that FBI senior officials kept an open mind during their assassination investigation. An FBI memo written by FBI Supervisor John S. Temple supports this conclusion. Temple wrote, "Supervisor Long also advised that Assistant Director DeLoach told Assistant Director Rosen that Los Angeles should keep in mind that King may have been killed by a hired assassin."

Another memo, written by J. Edgar Hoover, corroborates this finding. The memo states, "I said (to Atty. Gen. Ramsay Clark)...there will be efforts to kill (Ray) if there is a conspiracy and if there is no conspiracy, the supporters of Dr. King will do everything in their power to kill him...I said I think he acted entirely alone but we are not closing our minds that others might be associated with him and we have to run down every lead."

Historian Gerald McKnight believes there is no evidence to support the allegations the FBI was involved in King's killing and, furthermore, such ideas were far-fetched and illogical. McKnight wrote, "...there is nothing in the released documents to support, and persuasive evidence to reject, assertions that the FBI and Memphis Police Department conspired to assassinate King."
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Oct 2009, 08:15

My questions are important Scepcop. Do you know how a civil trial works? Do you know how a civil trial makes a finding?

From the LA Times Dec 9, 1999 (bolded text is my doing)
CHICAGO — More than three decades after the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated, a Memphis jury hearing a lawsuit brought by his wife and children found Wednesday that King was the victim not of a lone racist gunman but of a vast conspiracy.

The jury awarded the King family, which sought only a token sum, $100 in its wrongful death suit against Loyd Jowers, the ailing former owner of a Memphis restaurant who six years ago claimed that he hired King's assassin as a favor to a Mafia friend. He never named the accused shooter.

James Earl Ray had confessed to the crime right after he was captured two months later in London, then recanted three days later. Increasingly skeptical that Ray, a seemingly hapless prison escapee from Missouri, had carried out the April 4, 1968, slaying on his own, the family fought unsuccessfully for a new trial for Ray before his death last year. The civil trial, they hoped, would point to a conspiracy and persuade prosecutors to reopen their investigation.

"I'm just so happy to see that the people have spoken," King's son Dexter said after the verdict.

After 31 years, however, the trial seems unlikely to resolve the lingering questions over one of the nation's most traumatic slayings. And though support for a trial for Ray seemed to be growing before his death, Memphis prosecutors have not appeared inclined to revisit the case.

No dramatic new testimony has come out during the trial, and the arguments revolved around a conspiracy theory that has shifted over the years. Jowers, 73, did not attend the three-week trial, and his attorney, Lewis Garrison, told the jury that while they might conclude there was evidence of a conspiracy, any role Jowers might have played was minor.

Ray's conviction was upheld eight times. In 1979, the House Select Commission on Assassinations concluded that Ray shot King, but it also said there was circumstantial evidence suggesting he acted in concert with others. In 1998, Memphis authorities revisiting the case found no evidence that anyone except Ray killed King.

The jury, made up of six African Americans and six whites, found the argument of a broad conspiracy compelling enough to return a verdict in three hours.

While unlikely to change many minds, at least in the short term, the trial was a victory for the King family and the crowning achievement for the most single-minded and controversial of King conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy fanatics might enjoy the following from the World Socialist Web Site: http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/dec1999/king-d17.shtml

I have more coming.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Oct 2009, 09:29

An opinion piece in the NY Times Oct 27, 1999

The lawyer, William Pepper, had his own view of what history's verdict should be, having published a book last February in which he argued that the murderer was not James Earl Ray, who had pleaded guilty in 1968 and whom Mr. Pepper had represented. Instead, Mr. Pepper argued that there was a vast conspiracy, which included government agencies and Loyd Jowers, who owned a cafe across from the motel where Dr. King was shot. The King family sued Mr. Jowers and other ''unknown conspirators.''

King family members emphasized that they had sued Mr. Jowers more than 30 years after the assassination only to know the truth and not to recover money. Mr. Jowers had announced on television in 1993 that he was paid to arrange the killing and had hired a gunman to do the deed. Although Mr. Jowers failed a lie-detector test on those claims, and little hard evidence backed them up, Dexter King, Dr. King's son, called the verdict against Mr. Jowers the judgment of the people and said, ''This is the period at the end of the sentence'' -- the culmination of the family's search for the truth.

This case clearly shows what poor vehicles trials can be, particularly civil trials, for determining facts on which to base history. In the courtroom, lawyers for contending interests in lawsuits are pitted against each other. We hope that after a battle before a fair judge and an attentive, unbiased jury, the better of the two contestants will win. But the law recognizes that those who are not parties to the lawsuit should not be bound by its outcome, because the plaintiffs are pursuing only their own interests, and they define the parameters of the battle.

From CNN Dec 29, 2008
The name Harvey Lowmeyer was on the sales receipt for the high-powered .30-06 rifle left at the murder scene, John Willard rented the room across the street from King's motel, Eric Galt drove the white Mustang out of Memphis that night.

Then fingerprints showed all three names were aliases for the same man: James Earl Ray, a small-time criminal and Missouri prison escapee.

Conspiracy theory: Military spies and a dramatic photo
Pepper, the lawyer in the conspiracy case, said military intelligence agents had gone onto the roof of the fire station opposite the motel with cameras to spy on King and they captured a photo of the real killer.

"One of the guys, when the shot took place, took his camera and spanned it all the way around to the left, into the bushes, and he caught the shooter lowering the rifle. And he said it was not James Earl Ray."

However, Pepper never saw such a photo. He said he was told about it, tried to obtain it and was rebuffed.

Facts: Agents from the 111th Military Intelligence Group had been sent into Memphis after a protest march ended in violence the week before. Two of those agents did go onto the firehouse roof. Fire Capt. Carthel Weeden took them there.

But he said the agents decided the roof was too exposed. "If you're up there," Weeden said, "anybody can see you from across the street. They walked around just a minute and came back down."

In fact, Weeden told CNN, it was probably two days before the murder when the agents were on the roof. They definitely were not there when King was shot, he said -- virtually eliminating any possibility such a photo could exist.

If you love conspiracy theories then you just might want to read more of this at:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/28/conspiracy.theories/index.html
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Oct 2009, 09:38

We're not done yet. Here is the article from Time magazine March 19, 2000. (again, bolding is mine)

The U.S. Department of Justice is completing its review of the "new evidence" that Martin Luther King Jr.'s family claimed would prove that a government conspiracy--and not Ray--plotted the murder of the great civil rights leader. Its report, due out in a few weeks, concludes that the Kings' allegations are not "credible" and provide no basis for new criminal charges. In other words, they are hogwash. Considering that these lurid fantasies sprang from the fertile imagination of Ray's former lawyer William Pepper, the conclusion is no surprise.

If ever there was a case of the Justice Department embarking on a wild-goose chase to satisfy a tragically deluded family, this is it. The farce began when King's family came under Pepper's bamboozling spell. He convinced them that Ray, the convicted assassin, was just a fall guy set up to take the blame for an intricate plot that encompassed, among others, Lyndon Johnson's White House, the Pentagon, the Mafia, the Memphis police and a mysterious figure named Raoul. Key parts of the story soon collapsed--for example, the leader of an Army sharpshooting team who Pepper said had been killed to keep him from talking about the "conspiracy" is still very much alive--but the Kings' faith in Pepper never wavered. They even hired Pepper as their lawyer after Ray died.

At some point, it may have dawned on the Kings that Justice was mounting a serious investigation that would demolish their conspiracy theory. But late last year a wrongful-death suit that Pepper had filed on their behalf against Jowers came to trial in Memphis, providing a chance for a verdict that would shore up at least part of Pepper's tall tale. The proceeding was a fiasco. Jowers--who has changed his story so many times it ought to come with a version number like computer software--never took the stand in his own defense. Ballistics testimony was provided by Judge Joe Brown, the TV judge, who has no expertise in the field. The jury, some of whose members dozed during the testimony, ordered Jowers to pay the Kings $100 in damages for his supposed part in a murder plot that was never clearly spelled out. King's younger son Dexter exulted that the verdict was "the period at the end of the sentence." As far as the King family is concerned, it's their story and they're sticking to it no matter what the DOJ says.

That's why Ray gets the last laugh. The Memphis verdict notwithstanding, Jowers' story is a fairy tale that leads away from the truth about King's murder and Ray's complicity in it. The real mystery is why King's heirs, who more than anyone else should want the truth, prefer to believe a lie.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 28 Oct 2009, 10:06

You'll find about the same info with a slightly different analysis at:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/12/08/civilrights/main73745.shtml

From the AE911Truth website

Had any of the show’s producers bothered to research Dr. William Pepper’s exoneration of Martin Luther King’s alleged assassin, James Earl Ray, in a civil trial in 1999, they would have learned that there was in fact a bona fide conspiracy to murder King that was conducted by agencies within the US government and the Memphis police department. US Army snipers followed orders, taking up a position as backup shooters, without knowing why they were so ordered. They were never ordered to shoot because the primary shooter did his job. After realizing what they had been made part of, several of them left the US and went into hiding, two of them returning reluctantly and courageously to testify at the trial. The jury rendered a rapid verdict in favor of the King family’ endorsing the evidence and conclusions that Pepper presented. Real conspirators were exposed and identified, proving that these types of activities do in fact occur, but are kept almost completely out of public awareness with the help of media collaborators like the NGC producers. This victory for truth in the King case creates the disturbing dissonance that comes before comfortable lies give way to uncomfortable but ultimately empowering truths. It would have established a critical precedent, of which there are others, for people to understand the horrible reality of 9/11.

They neglect to mention or get wrong:
1. The defendant wasn't there
2. The defendant made to effort at a defense
3. That testimony given in the civil trial does not mean it is true
4. No defense was given therefore the jury gave what amounted to a summary judgement, i.e. the claims are accepted without testing their correctness
5. No real conspirators were exposed and identified since no defense was given
6. The decision in favor of the plaintiff was due to the lack of defense and does not endorse the evidence or conclusions of the plaintiff

Sigh.
Nostradamus

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups