View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Live Richard Gage Webcast Today at First Parish

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Live Richard Gage Webcast Today at First Parish

Postby ProfWag » 16 Oct 2009, 00:09

ciscop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
That proves nothing. I could say the same about you. That's like saying that because you have a few counterfeit bills than all the cash in my pocket is counterfeit too. It isn't. I am a good judge of character. People who deceive and appear charming usually give off a vibe of deception. No one can mask their vibes or auras from another.

Scepcop, I couldn't give a flying frog's fat ass what you think of yourself as a judge of character. Bottom line is that your judgement of his character or anything else you think of him has absolutely NO bearing on whether Gage is presenting factual information or if he has an agenda that you are not aware of. I think the news reporters on Fox News are all pretty hot (and I'm a good judge of hotness). That doesn't mean they always present unbiased facts.
Oh, and all of the reviews I've seen pretty much disagree with your assessment of the debate. Even given the totally unfair advantage Gage had.

all fox reporters are hot??
wag.. i didnt know you were hot for Bill O´Reilly
to each its own :lol: :lol:

Oops, hopefully ya'll know what I meant...
I mean, I've never seen Bill O'Reilly's legs... ;-)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Oct 2009, 00:48

ProfWag wrote:Oops, hopefully ya'll know what I meant...

Well I have, and they ain't a pretty sight. http://media.photobucket.com/image/bill ... Loofah.gif
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 16 Oct 2009, 01:12

NinjaPuppy wrote:

Well I have, and they ain't a pretty sight. http://media.photobucket.com/image/bill ... Loofah.gif

man.. if he was any whiter
he would be invisible

i thought vampires didnt go out on the sunlight
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 16 Oct 2009, 01:40

NinjaPuppy wrote:

Ugh. But since while we're on the subject, O'Reilly is another one who appears: "likeable, professional, honest, sincere and convincing."
So did Jim Jones. So did Peter Popov. So did OJ. and on and on and on.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Oct 2009, 01:54

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:

Ugh. But since while we're on the subject, O'Reilly is another one who appears: "likeable, professional, honest, sincere and convincing."
So did Jim Jones. So did Peter Popov. So did OJ. and on and on and on.

Personally, I find nothing likeable about O'Rilley and I don't like him so I don't watch him to give an opinion about the professional, honest, sincere etc. Jim Jones looked 'creepy' to me from the gitgo and I don't have a clue as to who Peter Popov even is. Pardon my ignorace there but he obviously escapes my radar. OJ is another story. I totally agree, along with many more very dangerous people who came off as all of the above 'good' characteristics noted here.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 16 Oct 2009, 02:05

NinjaPuppy wrote: Jim Jones looked 'creepy' to me from the gitgo and I don't have a clue as to who Peter Popov even is. Pardon my ignorace there but he obviously escapes my radar. OJ is another story. I totally agree, along with many more very dangerous people who came off as all of the above 'good' characteristics noted here.

Sorry, I spelled the dirty little bastard's name wrong. It's actually Popoff. Oh, and I probably shouldn't call him dirty and little...
Here's his website: http://www.peterpopoff.org/
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Oct 2009, 02:16

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote: Jim Jones looked 'creepy' to me from the gitgo and I don't have a clue as to who Peter Popov even is. Pardon my ignorace there but he obviously escapes my radar. OJ is another story. I totally agree, along with many more very dangerous people who came off as all of the above 'good' characteristics noted here.

Sorry, I spelled the dirty little bastard's name wrong. It's actually Popoff. Oh, and I probably shouldn't call him dirty and little...

OK, he's creepy to the tenth degree.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 16 Oct 2009, 02:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:

OK, he's creepy to the tenth degree.

Ahhh yes, he is. But many many thousands of people think he is wonderful.
Here's a fun Inside Edition feature on him that's kind of eye opening...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYdlX_Wn1K4
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Oct 2009, 03:04

Let's discuss, shall we? I'll start another topic in the religion section specifically for this type of thing.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 16 Oct 2009, 04:41

The vibes claims discussed in regards to serial killers.

Ultimately, it is virtually impossible to detect a serial killer. Many seem to be quiet normal in their everyday lives, only some actually tend to act differently to the general population.

Ted Bundy: He was attractive, smart, and had a future in politics. He was also one of the most prolific serial killers in U.S. history.

John Wayne Gacy: It is no surprise that John Wayne Gacy, Jr. was admired and liked by most who had known him. He was a sharp businessman who had spent his time, when not building up his contracting company, hosting elaborate street parties for friends and neighbors, dressing as a clown and entertaining children at local hospitals and immersing himself in organizations such as the Jaycees, working to make his community a better place to live. People who knew Gacy thought of him as a generous, friendly and hard-working man, devoted to his family and community. However, there was another side to Gacy that few had ever witnessed...

Albert Fish: This gentle-looking, benevolent grandfather cleverly lured children to their death, then devised recipes to eat them. This cannibal model for Hannibal Lecter is a study in criminal psychology and a true enigma. His wife thought him to be a wonderful husband and his children believed him to be a model father.

Vibes don't cut it and they certain are not a part of a true skeptics investigation of a claim. Vibes are a tool of the pseudoskeptic attempting to avoid the actual issues.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Scepcop » 16 Oct 2009, 06:26

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote: Give him a chance please. You will find him likeable, professional, honest, sincere and convincing. Take my word for it. I would never BS you.

Scepcop, you just crack me up. There are TONS of fradulent people out there who appear "likeable, professional, honest, sincere and convincing." People I've seen interviewed say those exact same things about Bernard Madoff. What does his appearance have to do with what he thinks and knows in his head? NOTHING! You've used that excuse before such as the "grandma type who wouldn't lie." C'mon Scepcop, use your own head and stop listening to only one side of the story because they appear likeable and sincere. Those are quite often the most untrustworthy people out there! Do you honestly think that if they were asses, unprofessional and devious that they would get people to listen to them? Geez.

So to you ProfWag, having people reading skills is worthless? lol FYI, they are not worthless. Most of the time my impressions about people turn out to be RIGHT. Just because a skill isn't perfect or infallible doesn't make it worthless or of no value. Sheesh. You guys are using your shady little tricks again. I'm glad I can spot them out.

People reading skills are useful in life. Salesman need them, and anyone who deals with people constantly in their life needs them. They are acquired with experience. Again, MOST of the time, my impressions of people turn out to be RIGHT, not wrong.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Nostradamus » 16 Oct 2009, 06:31

So to you ProfWag, having people reading skills is worthless? lol FYI, they are not worthless. Most of the time my impressions about people turn out to be RIGHT. Just because a skill isn't perfect or infallible doesn't make it worthless or of no value. Sheesh. You guys are using your shady little tricks again. I'm glad I can spot them out.

People reading skills are useful in life. Salesman need them, and anyone who deals with people constantly in their life needs them. They are acquired with experience. Again, MOST of the time, my impressions of people turn out to be RIGHT, not wrong.

Again, this is the tool of the pseudoskeptic, which of course our best example is scepcop. The skeptic gets past this and examines the information, not the messenger.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Scepcop » 16 Oct 2009, 06:49

Congrats for getting through the video Ninjapuppy! Kudos to you for examining the evidence rather than jumping to conclusions. I understand that you need breaks during that presentation because there are so many details to digest. My parents also could not watch it for long before needing a break. It's a lot of details to contemplate. And congrats on being able to examine an issue that you couldn't before due to emotional trauma from witnessing it.

As to Gage's motive, he claims he is motivated by truth. Isn't that enough? What else could it be? He is not getting rich off this. All the donations he gets goes to paying AIA convention booth fees and renting auditoriums for lectures, etc.

Anyhow, when you are ready, see that BBC video I linked to you in the other thread, that presents some arguments on both sides regarding Building 7. It is very easy to understand. Or start watching this film from Europe called "Zero: An Investigation into 9/11". It is also very easy to follow and features experts and bright minds sharing their views on the feasibility of the official story of 9/11. Even former government military experts are shown. This one is compelling cause the way it's made allows you to "feel" the words as they are being spoken. It has a certain flow that is poetic and moving. It's hard to explain, you have to experience the film to see what I mean. Here is the link to it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ro+9%2F11#
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 16 Oct 2009, 07:15

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
That proves nothing. I could say the same about you. That's like saying that because you have a few counterfeit bills than all the cash in my pocket is counterfeit too. It isn't. I am a good judge of character. People who deceive and appear charming usually give off a vibe of deception. No one can mask their vibes or auras from another.

Scepcop, I couldn't give a flying frog's fat ass what you think of yourself as a judge of character. Bottom line is that your judgement of his character or anything else you think of him has absolutely NO bearing on whether Gage is presenting factual information or if he has an agenda that you are not aware of. I think the news reporters on Fox News are all pretty hot (and I'm a good judge of hotness). That doesn't mean they always present unbiased facts.
Oh, and all of the reviews I've seen pretty much disagree with your assessment of the debate. Even given the totally unfair advantage Gage had.

You don't have to give a shit about me being a good judge of character. But the bottom line is that people reading skills do exist. They are not worthless. And most of the time, I am right about someone.

You can speculate about Gage all you want. But if you cannot prove that he's a fraud or that he's wrong, then you are making bogus statements and slandering him too. Bottom line is that he presents good arguments in a very organized professional manner.

So tell me about the media's bias then. And cite some facts that they present that are wrong. I'd like to hear you cite some.

The reviews on google video all say that Gage won the debate. Roberts is a tour guide for crying out loud, not a scientist. What qualifies him?

Gage did not have an unfair advantage. Remember that moderator was neutral, not like that other dude.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 16 Oct 2009, 07:17

ciscop wrote:
And I'm sure you can see that Gage is a well meaning, honest, sincere, genuine person who is likeable and professional in his demeanor and presentation. There is no evidence or reason to believe that he is trying to commit deliberate fraud.

incredible....
scescop stop using this as an argument
what you ¨perceive¨ from a person might well not be what the person really is
are you gonna use this kind of arguments when or if you debate shermer at dragoncon?

incredible

It's the truth. My perceptions of people turn out to be right most of the time. I'd certainly trust my perceptions vs your baseless speculations that are motivated by your belief that establishment is never wrong. You guys are motivated by emotional and religious fanaticism. Why is that more accurate than my highly accurate people reading skills and judge of character?
Scepcop
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups