View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Sign these petitions for a new REAL 9/11 investigation!

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Sign these petitions for a new REAL 9/11 investigation!

Postby Scepcop » 29 Aug 2009, 23:12

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Sign these petitions for a new REAL 9/11 investigation!

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Aug 2009, 12:59

I submit that people do NOT sign these petitions.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 31 Aug 2009, 20:42

Nostradamus wrote:I submit that people do NOT sign these petitions.

I'm with Nostradamus, though it looks like there aren't a lot of takers anyway...
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Sep 2009, 09:23

The truther love to run around with lots of signatures and claim that it means something. It's the truther version of a high school popularity contest and we all know that it involves pomp, bombast and signifies absolutely nothing.
Nostradamus

Postby Hamlyn » 13 Sep 2009, 04:01

It signifies generalized cynicism and distrust toward the US government, which may be widespread.

It's true that signatures on a petition signify very little about the truth value of the 9/11 commission's findings.

But that's not to say it's insignificant.

To illustrate: Imagine this happening in 1941 or 1950 or even 1962.

Not to say that there weren't conspiracy theories about, for example, Pearl Harbor being sort of an inside job, or at least proceeding with the foreknowledge of the Roosevelt Administration. I heard such theories while I was growing up, before the term "conspiracy theory" entered the vernacular.

But there was nothing calling itself a Pearl Harbor Truth Movement.

It signifies some sort of change in American society, but I'm not sure exactly what to make of it.
Hamlyn

Postby ProfWag » 29 Sep 2009, 05:28

Hamlyn wrote:
But there was nothing calling itself a Pearl Harbor Truth Movement.

It signifies some sort of change in American society, but I'm not sure exactly what to make of it.

It's called "the internet." We no longer have just ABC, CBS, and NBC feeding us information. We have outside agencies, some with, shall we say, more "substance" than others.
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 12 Oct 2009, 15:52

Well I've signed the petition. You will find my name near the bottom of the list here:

http://www.ae911truth.org/signpetition.php

My statements in my profile and petition are here:

http://www.ae911truth.org/profile.php?uid=987734

(currently pending review since I modified it)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 12 Oct 2009, 15:54

Nostradamus wrote:The truther love to run around with lots of signatures and claim that it means something. It's the truther version of a high school popularity contest and we all know that it involves pomp, bombast and signifies absolutely nothing.

It is not insignificant if there are credible people on it. Credible people do not endorse bullshit or sign their name to it.

They include structural engineers with decades of experience too. How do you explain that?

You guys are just in denial again as usual.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Oct 2009, 21:04

It is not insignificant if there are credible people on it. Credible people do not endorse bullshit or sign their name to it.

They include structural engineers with decades of experience too. How do you explain that?

You guys are just in denial again as usual.

The denial is yours. You are accepting horrendous, obvious, and blatant lies and putting your name to it instead of reviewing the evidence. Doesn't that make you a pseudoskeptic?
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Oct 2009, 22:15

This petition does not support anything other than requesting an independent investigation.

TO THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND
OF THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Please Take Notice That:

On Behalf of the People of the United States of America, the undersigned Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and affiliates hereby petition for, and demand, a truly independent investigation with subpoena power in order to uncover the full truth surrounding the events of 9/11/01 - specifically the collapses of the World Trade Center Towers and Building 7. We believe there is sufficient doubt about the official story and therefore the 9/11 investigation must be re-opened and must include a full inquiry into the possible use of explosives that might have been the actual cause of the destruction of the World Trade Center Twin Towers and Building 7.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

The only 'theory' claimed in there is the possible use of explosives that might have been the actual cause...yada, yada. I see no lies or fraud connected with this petition as written.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Oct 2009, 22:24

The fraud is in the tactics used to get people to sign the petitions such as the lies made by Gage.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 12 Oct 2009, 22:32

Scepcop wrote:

Perhaps you missed the thread I started concerning the emergency room physician/surgeon who says he can prove he can call UFOs using just "cosmic consciousness." I'm not saying it's "impossible," just.....highly unlikely.
As such, credible people do endorse BS. Quite often in fact.
Last edited by ProfWag on 12 Oct 2009, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Oct 2009, 23:13

Nostradamus wrote:The fraud is in the tactics used to get people to sign the petitions such as the lies made by Gage.

Lies, inconsistencies, incorrect facts, fallacies, fairy tales, wishful thinking is all part of the SOP of getting people to jump on the proverbial bandwagon when you are trying to get a petition signed. They are based on 'what ifs' and theories. Hence the request for the signatures to bring the theories to the government.

Actually, credibility has little to do with those signatures. I believe that it's registered voters who count. Remember a little fiasco of a company by the name of ACORN?

We all have the right to draft up any petition we would like. It doesn't mean anyone is going to do a thing about it.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 13 Oct 2009, 06:40

I like what you said NinjaPuppy. You have a clearly stated point of view. A pleasure to read your comments.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Oct 2009, 07:28

Nostradamus wrote:I like what you said NinjaPuppy. You have a clearly stated point of view. A pleasure to read your comments.

I know that usually my POV is sometimes a bit skewed to some but it's mine all mine. :D I also sleep well at night, knowing full well that no one gives a crap about it either.
:lol:
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups