View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

The high personal cost of whistleblowing

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

The high personal cost of whistleblowing

Postby SydneyPSIder » 10 Jun 2013, 16:43

This has just come up of course:

Ex-CIA worker source of US spy agency leaks

In footage shot by The Guardian newspaper, Edward Snowden said he packed his bags for Hong Kong three weeks ago, leaving behind a "very comfortable life" in Hawaii, a salary of $US200,000, a girlfriend, a stable career and a loving family.

"All my options are bad," Snowden said, with possible extradition proceedings, questioning by Chinese authorities or an extra-legal detention by the CIA hanging over his head.

"Yes, I could be rendered by the CIA. I could have people come after me. Or any of the third-party partners. They work closely with a number of other nations. Or they could pay off the Triads. Any of their agents or assets."

Over many hours of interviews with The Guardian, Snowden only showed emotion when asked about the impact of his decisions on his relatives, many of whom work for the US government.

"The only thing I fear is the harmful effects on my family, who I won't be able to help any more. That's what keeps me up at night," he said, as his eyes filled with tears.

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/security-i ... 2nyq7.html

Little wonder large sensitive projects can go ahead and remain secret.
SydneyPSIder

Re: The high personal cost of whistleblowing

Postby Arouet » 11 Jun 2013, 13:12

Sure they can - but then there are folks who will whistleblow and take the risk as described in the story.
Arouet

Postby SydneyPSIder » 11 Jun 2013, 14:28

Arouet wrote:Sure they can - but then there are folks who will whistleblow and take the risk as described in the story.

yeah, true. I was hoping you wouldn't think of that one. Perhaps it's easier to get the message out there quickly with the internets and the existence of The Guardian, which is not riddled with CIA assets unlike the US media.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 11 Jun 2013, 22:20

SydneyPSIder wrote:yeah, true. I was hoping you wouldn't think of that one. Perhaps it's easier to get the message out there quickly with the internets and the existence of The Guardian, which is not riddled with CIA assets unlike the US media.

yes! exactly! In this day and age, it is far easier and safer to get out stuff like this. We live in the age of wikileaks after all! You talk about the risk to whistleblowers in the US - think about dissidents in countries that live in even less friendly regimes - the net has revolutionised how these people can communicate.

heck, there is even in the states there is an underground network of websites where people sell drugs, weapons, but I've heard that they could be used for political purposes too.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 12 Jun 2013, 00:08

DarrylForests wrote:
Arouet wrote:heck, there is even in the states there is an underground network of websites where people sell drugs, weapons, but I've heard that they could be used for political purposes too.

Heard?

Who you kidding? You are so pro-marijuana and with kids in the house? What's up with that, Arouet? :shock: :o

Darryl Forests

heh- I am actually in favour of legalising marijuana but its been a LOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG time since I've partaken of it myself!

Actually, I heard about this on This Week in Tech where they spoke of it how bitcoins are being used bigtime in the drug and guns trade and they use these secret websites to chat about it (secret meaning you can't find them on any search engine, you've got to know the exact link).

So Mu: what's with the troll routine? You actually seemed quite knoweledgeable about the stuff you posted about - is it just for kicks? Does it get old? Also: what's with the sexual stuff? I mean, some of your other stuff was pretty entertaining - at least in your MU character. But Alchemincal Monucular and all the crude penis and gay bashing stuff? Not sure why you think that's fun!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Jun 2013, 00:52

Arouet - You couldn't give me a heads up about this MU guy??? :cry:
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 12 Jun 2013, 00:56

NinjaPuppy wrote:Arouet - You couldn't give me a heads up about this MU guy??? :cry:

Heh - I did post about it! Doesn't that count?

(you got your revenge though: I had just written a long response to one of his posts - pressed send and instead of posting it it said the message was gone and it was all lost!).
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Jun 2013, 02:33

Arouet wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Arouet - You couldn't give me a heads up about this MU guy??? :cry:

Heh - I did post about it! Doesn't that count?

Yeah, like I actually read what skeptics post??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arouet wrote:(you got your revenge though: I had just written a long response to one of his posts - pressed send and instead of posting it it said the message was gone and it was all lost!).

Can we say, "Karma" boys and girls??? :D
NinjaPuppy

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups