View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI altered their testimony!

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI altered their testimony!

Postby Scepcop » 13 Mar 2011, 01:33

http://www.aim.org/media-monitor/twa-80 ... -the-mark/

TWA 800 Special Misses the Mark

By Roger Aronoff | November 14, 2005

While the program gave the appearance of being objective, in the sense that it did at least discuss several alternative theories, it ultimately avoided answering the tough questions.

You can also download the MP3.

The National Geographic Channel premiered a new documentary on the crash of TWA 800, claiming to have finally reconstructed through computer simulation what happened that night back on July 17, 1996. TWA 800 was the plane that took off from Kennedy Airport in New York headed for Paris. About 12 minutes into the flight, at an altitude of about 13,000 feet, the plane exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Long Island, killing all 230 people aboard.

According to the National Geographic show, which was part of a series called Seconds to Disaster, the official findings by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) of what happened that night are correct. Namely, that the plane exploded because of a short in the wiring in the center-wing fuel tank, which created a spark, and the spark caused the fumes from the approximately 50 gallons in the tank to explode. Then the plane tore open at the nose, which fell off, the fuselage climbed at least a couple thousand feet, and the burning fuel coming down created the false impression to eyewitnesses that a missile or plane had struck the plane in midair.

While the program gave the appearance of being objective, in the sense that it did at least discuss several alternative theories, it ultimately avoided answering the tough questions. What’s worse, it reported half-truths and left out key information.

For example, it said that 260 people witnessed something streaking toward and hitting the plane just before the explosion. But it failed to point out that 92 of those 260 had actually seen the object rise up from the surface before colliding with the ill-fated TWA jet. So the idea that the burning fuel and debris were confused with an object flying toward the plane by all these unrelated eyewitnesses is absurd. These people all provided official eyewitness reports, known as FBI 302′s.

There was nothing in the show about Hank Hughes, a senior NTSB investigator who testified at a Senate hearing about the strange activities of an FBI agent in the hangar where the pieces of the exploded plane were being put back together like some giant jigsaw puzzle. Addressing the Senate committee, Hughes said that “I saw him in the middle of the hangar with a hammer in the process of trying to flatten a piece of wreckage. In investigative work you do not alter evidence.” Hughes also charged that evidence was being removed from the hangar. He said that following a complete inventory, “Not to our surprise, we found that seats were missing and other evidence had been disturbed.”

Kristina Borjesson, an award winning producer for CBS News, lost her job when she challenged the official version of what happened. Evidence uncovered in her initial investigation led her to believe there was a missile involved, and she wanted CBS to report what she had found. When they refused, she kept pressing, until it cost her her job. She wrote about it in a book she edited called “Into the Buzzsaw.”

Maj. Fred Meyer is shown in the National Geographic show as one of the eyewitnesses. But they left out the fact that Meyer, a lawyer and Vietnam veteran Naval aviator, said that “Based on two combat tours, it is my firm belief to this day that it was military ordnance” that brought down TWA 800. He also said that the FBI never asked to speak to him, so he went to them. After sending over a low ranking agent to hear what Meyer had to say, the agent asked him no questions, and they never called him again.

And much more. Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Thomas Moorer, was convinced the plane was shot down, and said so publicly. And Captain Ray Lahr, a former United Airlines pilot, has an ongoing case. He has a lawsuit against the NTSB and the CIA based on what he calls the “impossible zoom-climb.” He wants to know how they came up with the theory that after the nose broke off of the 747, the fuselage climbed in altitude by some 3,000 feet. Lahr and other aerodynamic experts do not believe that is possible.

Several people have done excellent work and investigation on this important story. They include the late Commander Bill Donaldson; Jim Sanders and Jack Cashill, and the books and videos they have done; investigators Graeme Sephton and Tom Stalcup; and of course, Reed Irvine, founder of Accuracy in Media, who passed away last year. There is a lot of evidence on the record that TWA 800 was brought down by something crashing into it and exploding. And that there was a cover-up to conceal what really happened.

The hows and whys are the subjects of theories. But the hard evidence, both eyewitness, physical, proof of cover-up, and circumstantial, plus the lack of evidence for the spark in the tank, point to a story that needs to be re-opened.

Instead, however, the National Geographic Channel, re-told the official version of a story-a version that just doesn’t stand up under the weight of the evidence.

Roger Aronoff also wrote and produced TWA 800: The Search for the Truth


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Aronoff is the Editor of Accuracy in Media, and can be contacted at roger.aronoff@aim.org.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29






Re: Critical Omissions of the Official TWA 800 Investigation

Postby Scepcop » 13 Mar 2011, 01:58

Video Description:

"TWA 800 - The Search For The Truth" examines what happened that July night back in 1996, when TWA Flight 800 took off from Kennedy Airport in New York en route to Paris. Minutes later a series of explosions sent the 747 plunging into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 230 people aboard. Correspondent Reid Collins, a 30 year veteran of CBS News & CNN, narrates this documentary & interviews eyewitnesses, family members of victims & air crash investigators who have looked into what happened that night. Was the government correct in its conclusion that a spark in the center wing fuel tank caused the explosion ? Or have government officials covered up important facts about the fate of TWA Flight 800 ? Could the tragedy have been caused by an Islamic terrorist network ? Or did a Naval exercise off the coast of Long Island go terribly wrong ? A former chairman of the joint chiefs of staff says he believes the plane was shot down & numerous military & civilian experts offer their opinions on what may or may not have happened. Watch this compelling & provocative program and decide for yourself. Has the full story been told ? Not until now....

Full length film:

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Critical Omissions of the Official TWA 800 Investigation

Postby Scepcop » 13 Mar 2011, 02:58

Here's another video called "Conspiracy: TWA 800" that presents both sides and lets you make up your mind.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Film: Silenced - TWA 800 and the Subversion of Justice

Postby Scepcop » 14 Mar 2011, 03:49

Check this one out guys. This documentary about TWA 800 will make your jaw drop. It shows irrefutable testimonials from many eyewitnesses and aviation experts that PROVE BEYOND DOUBT that the FBI and CIA LIED about what the witnesses said and also FAKED testimonials to support its predetermined conclusion. It is IRREFUTABLE! Those of you who deny conspiracies will have no excuse to deny conspiracies and cover ups now. This video proves with certainty that COVER UPS and LIES by the government DO happen. Even you hard nosed deniers would have to concede after seeing this documentary. Watch it! Everything is clearly explained and your jaw will drop at the mass level of deception. Warning: You will never trust your government again after seeing this film!

Silenced - TWA 800 and the Subversion of Justice



Description by video uploader:

"This documentary proves that the U.S. government-including the FBI and DOJ-are totally corrupt and involved in serious felony crime and the outrageous cover-up of truth concerning the mysterious crash of TWA Flight 800 on July 17, 1996.

As you will see, Flight 800 was actually destroyed by a surface-to-air missile. Every allegation made in this film is backed up with facts-none more dramatic than those that come from the Federal government itself.

You'll learn what the 736 official eyewitnesses actually saw; why aviators reject the CIA "cartoon" explanation; how the Feds criminally suppressed reporting; the critical witness drawings; the rigged NTSB hearings; the damning radar data and documentation; the altered physical evidence; undeniable proof of explosive residue proving a missile strike; the stinging report from the machinist union; and much more!"
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby ProfWag » 14 Mar 2011, 22:52

Scepcop wrote:Maj. Fred Meyer is shown in the National Geographic show as one of the eyewitnesses. But they left out the fact that Meyer, a lawyer and Vietnam veteran Naval aviator, said that “Based on two combat tours, it is my firm belief to this day that it was military ordnance” that brought down TWA 800. He also said that the FBI never asked to speak to him, so he went to them. After sending over a low ranking agent to hear what Meyer had to say, the agent asked him no questions, and they never called him again.

I am in the process of looking through some of this information. I have yet to open a link, but I would like to point out that this says "Maj. Fred Meyer...and Vietnam veteran Naval aviator..." There is not a rank of "Major" in the Navy, hence, I am already going into this investigation with a doubtful eye...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Film: Silenced - TWA 800 and the Subversion of Justice

Postby ProfWag » 14 Mar 2011, 23:59

Scepcop wrote:Check this one out guys. This documentary about TWA 800 will make your jaw drop. It shows irrefutable testimonials from many eyewitnesses and aviation experts that PROVE BEYOND DOUBT that the FBI and CIA LIED about what the witnesses said and also FAKED testimonials to support its predetermined conclusion. It is IRREFUTABLE! Those of you who deny conspiracies will have no excuse to deny conspiracies and cover ups now. This video proves with certainty that COVER UPS and LIES by the government DO happen. Even you hard nosed deniers would have to concede after seeing this documentary. Watch it! Everything is clearly explained and your jaw will drop at the mass level of deception. Warning: You will never trust your government again after seeing this film!


A couple questions Scepcop, if I may. First, you throw out that word "irrefutable" again. What makes a wtiness testimony of seeing a missile more "irrefutable" than a witness who did not see a missile?
You know, there were over 700 witnesses, yet a small percentage actually saw what what described as a streak of light ascending. In your opinion, why does the testimony of a few outweigh the testimony of many?
Did you actually look at any evidence from the NTSB (or FBI)? Did you look at the testimony of those people who just saw an explosion or did you just look at the testimony of a 90-year old man because he used to be CJCOS? Did you just watch this video and run with it? You did? Based on your posts, I believe that.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby ProfWag » 15 Mar 2011, 08:43

Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyy, I just noticed something. The headline on this topic is 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED data!
This is total bullshit and you, SCEPCOP, are trying to deceive the public in a manner in which strengthens why I neither trust you nor believe anything you write. 736 Eyewitnesses did NOT say that. There were 736 TOTAL witnesses and out of that, 38 said they saw a light ascending. That's it. Nothing else. Even the 38 who described a light ascending DID NOT SAY the FBI/CIA lied, they simply described something different than the other 698.
You, SCEPCOP, deceive the public and should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not discussing this any further unless you admit your mistake and re-examine the evidence you presented.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby Arouet » 15 Mar 2011, 11:23

ProfWag wrote:
You, SCEPCOP, deceive the public and should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not discussing this any further unless you admit your mistake and re-examine the evidence you presented.


Image
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby ProfWag » 15 Mar 2011, 18:51

Arouet wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
You, SCEPCOP, deceive the public and should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not discussing this any further unless you admit your mistake and re-examine the evidence you presented.


Image

Believe me, I'm not holding it. Scepcop is notorious for posting crap and then running. He won't come back and counter my post. I just felt a need to show the lurkers how non-skeptics deceive the public into belieing anything that would get their anti-government propoganda crap out there. Why anyone would believe a word this person says is beyond me.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby derrida » 16 Mar 2011, 01:08

736 say fbi and cia lied?
how about the millions that claim they did not lie?
:D
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby Scepcop » 26 Mar 2011, 12:11

ProfWag wrote:Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyy, I just noticed something. The headline on this topic is 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED data!
This is total bullshit and you, SCEPCOP, are trying to deceive the public in a manner in which strengthens why I neither trust you nor believe anything you write. 736 Eyewitnesses did NOT say that. There were 736 TOTAL witnesses and out of that, 38 said they saw a light ascending. That's it. Nothing else. Even the 38 who described a light ascending DID NOT SAY the FBI/CIA lied, they simply described something different than the other 698.
You, SCEPCOP, deceive the public and should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not discussing this any further unless you admit your mistake and re-examine the evidence you presented.


No you got it backwards. Most eyewitnesses did see a missile. Watch the film. How much of it did you see?

So you're mad about that but you're not mad that the FBI would LIE and FAKE DATA? Dang. That doesn't say well of you. I rest my case.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby ProfWag » 29 Mar 2011, 03:57

Scepcop wrote:No you got it backwards. Most eyewitnesses did see a missile. Watch the film. How much of it did you see?

So you're mad about that but you're not mad that the FBI would LIE and FAKE DATA? Dang. That doesn't say well of you. I rest my case.

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner Scepcop, I just saw it and, I might add, thanks for replying!
Now, let's debate it, shall we?
Let's see, you started with the original post, then I countered and pointed out what I consider to be an intentionally misleading headline which simply says: "736 eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED." Per this post, you're now saying "Most eyewitnesses did see a missile" rather than 736 did. Did you intentionally mislead with the headline Winston? (By the way, no, I did not watch the video. Why should I? i don't believe everything I see on youtube. Do you? If so, here's a little hint...you shouldn't...)
Next, let's debate what you said above. The word "Most," which you're now changing your story to, means that over half of the 736 eyewitnesses say the FBI Lied. I would like to counter that according to the National Transportation Safety Board, there were only 102 that saw a "streak" which is what you are portraying as evidence the FBI/CIA "Lied." (Source: http://www3.ntsb.gov/events/twa800/exhibits_web.htm) (p.s. My source is not an anti-governmental propoganda youtube video. Sorry Scepcop) Back to my point, even if all 102 witnesses claim to have seen a missile (rather than streaks--2 different things), this number is not "Most" as you say. Another intentional misleading response on your part.
I could go on and on, but I have to run into a meeting so I will cut this short. Of the 102 who claim to have seen a streak of light, only less than 10 out of 736 eyewitnesses used the word "missile" in their description of what they saw and not that they saw a missile, rather they used terms such as "like a missile."
Finally, out of all the witnesses that Flt 800 conspiracy theorists are using, NONE of them said the FBI/CIA "Lied."
Source: http://iangoddard.com/twa800/FBI_reports.htm
So, I rest MY case Winston. I think I have given sufficient evidence for the casual reader to ascertain that you and your conspiracy friends of full of bullsh!t.
I'm ready for your counter to the debate. I respectfully request you use reliable sources rather than youtube videos please. Thanks.
Finally, for all to see, I'm going to pm you that I have posted this in case you miss it as I did.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby ProfWag » 07 Apr 2011, 18:55

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:No you got it backwards. Most eyewitnesses did see a missile. Watch the film. How much of it did you see?

So you're mad about that but you're not mad that the FBI would LIE and FAKE DATA? Dang. That doesn't say well of you. I rest my case.

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner Scepcop, I just saw it and, I might add, thanks for replying!
Now, let's debate it, shall we?
Let's see, you started with the original post, then I countered and pointed out what I consider to be an intentionally misleading headline which simply says: "736 eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED." Per this post, you're now saying "Most eyewitnesses did see a missile" rather than 736 did. Did you intentionally mislead with the headline Winston? (By the way, no, I did not watch the video. Why should I? i don't believe everything I see on youtube. Do you? If so, here's a little hint...you shouldn't...)
Next, let's debate what you said above. The word "Most," which you're now changing your story to, means that over half of the 736 eyewitnesses say the FBI Lied. I would like to counter that according to the National Transportation Safety Board, there were only 102 that saw a "streak" which is what you are portraying as evidence the FBI/CIA "Lied." (Source: http://www3.ntsb.gov/events/twa800/exhibits_web.htm) (p.s. My source is not an anti-governmental propoganda youtube video. Sorry Scepcop) Back to my point, even if all 102 witnesses claim to have seen a missile (rather than streaks--2 different things), this number is not "Most" as you say. Another intentional misleading response on your part.
I could go on and on, but I have to run into a meeting so I will cut this short. Of the 102 who claim to have seen a streak of light, only less than 10 out of 736 eyewitnesses used the word "missile" in their description of what they saw and not that they saw a missile, rather they used terms such as "like a missile."
Finally, out of all the witnesses that Flt 800 conspiracy theorists are using, NONE of them said the FBI/CIA "Lied."
Source: http://iangoddard.com/twa800/FBI_reports.htm
So, I rest MY case Winston. I think I have given sufficient evidence for the casual reader to ascertain that you and your conspiracy friends of full of bullsh!t.
I'm ready for your counter to the debate. I respectfully request you use reliable sources rather than youtube videos please. Thanks.
Finally, for all to see, I'm going to pm you that I have posted this in case you miss it as I did.

I want to bump this thread up again as I think I presented some important points that have yet to be commented on by Scepcop. Again, and I know this is a broken record, but Scepcop if you're going to post a downright lie in the title of a thread, you should have the testicular fortitude to admit that it was a lie or admit that you purposely misled readers to get them to read your post. Otherwise, your are only hurting the cause of all conspiracy theorists by damaging your credibility.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI/CIA LIED and FAKED d

Postby Scepcop » 01 Feb 2013, 05:18

It turns out there's another explanation about what happened to TWA 800. This one says that the US allowed an Iranian submarine to blow it out of the sky in retaliation for a US Navy ship accidentally shooting down an Iranian airline. Iran demanded retribution or it would not compromise on anything. So the US allowed it to improve relations. This explains why an Iranian submarine was in the area at the time, and why immediately after TWA 800 went down, relations between the US and Iran immediately improved.

More info here:
http://www.thehullthread.com/iran.htm
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 736 Eyewitnesses of TWA 800 say FBI altered their testim

Postby Misha » 01 Feb 2013, 07:46

Here is a site you guys might want to look at. According to this report 183 witnesses saw a streak of light emanating from the surface in the direction of Flight 800. I have talked with General Ben Partin about TWA Flight 800 years ago. Ben even sent me his report in which he believes the airliner was taken down by continuous-rod exploding missile[s]. Perhaps, the report is on line and you can find it. Please put it up if you do.

http://twa800.com/pages/members.html

Also, Harvard professor Elaine Scarry has an interesting take on events concerning TWA 800, Swiss Air 111, and Egyptian Air Flight 990. Her thesis was on electromagnetic interference concerning Flight 111 and TWA 800 at least.
Misha
 
Posts: 438
Joined: 19 Aug 2012, 03:42

Next

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest