View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Dead Birds in Arkansas

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby derrida » 06 Jan 2011, 08:55

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:... Three 'flocks' of dead birds in three separate areas on the globe so close together. REALLY, not so much.

Hi Ninja, I'm sure this won't be as exciting as Olivia's shark-skin pants, but do you have any evidence for this statement? Because, if you research the US Geological Survey, you'll find they documented 90 mass deaths of birds JUST from June to December of last year. So, mass deaths are not that uncommon...
http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/


exactly...
Image
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby ProfWag » 06 Jan 2011, 10:50

Well, mystery solved and my boy, Dr. Dan the Bird Man, was right. Here's the article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110105/ts_yblog_thelookout/mysterious-bird-deaths-caused-by-fireworks
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby Scepcop » 06 Jan 2011, 19:38

In addition to the dead birds and dead fish, now there are dead crabs:

http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in ... tain-video
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Jan 2011, 20:56

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:... Three 'flocks' of dead birds in three separate areas on the globe so close together. REALLY, not so much.

Hi Ninja, I'm sure this won't be as exciting as Olivia's shark-skin pants, but do you have any evidence for this statement? Because, if you research the US Geological Survey, you'll find they documented 90 mass deaths of birds JUST from June to December of last year. So, mass deaths are not that uncommon...
http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/

Evidence for my statement was posted with links to recent articles from Sweden and the US.

I've personally seen large flocks of birds get toasted from electrical wires and I've witnessed hundreds of migrating waxwings get drunk on fermented berries and crash into buildings killing themselves. I even remember the dead seagulls dropping out of the skies in NY caused by them gorging on discarded chocolate Valentine's candy in a landfill. So yes, I am aware that mass quantities of birds are perfectly capable of getting whacked without much bruhaha.

As for fish kills.... I am VERY aware of how often that happens. Geesh! I grew up in NJ in the days before there were laws about ocean dumping. Between the natural reasons and the man made ones, dead fish washing up on the shore was common. It still is as something as simple as cool/warm water temps can kill more fish than you can shake a stick at, in just about any body of water.

Since the Bebe, AR bird thing was a current event, I was interested. I also like birds, all animals actually, so this was more than some headline on the internet for me.

Now I'd like to ask Derida WTF that map of Mexico is all about? One of the text blobs read: "200,000 square mile pool of blood forms outside Mexico City". 9 million innocent bystanders killed by crossfire in a gunfight?

Those are some headlines... not to mention my next question. How many bullets do you need in a 'free for all' gunfight to kill 9 million innocent bystanders and how many were the intended target(s)? Either that is some lousy marksmanship or someone has too much damned time on their hands and millions of dollars (not alot in the world of drugs) to burn.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby Scepcop » 06 Jan 2011, 22:13

ProfWag wrote:Well, since the end of days is approaching according to some, maybe this is a sign of things to come? :)


Yikes that's spooky. I didn't know you had an imagination ProfWag. That sounds like something from "The Omen". lol
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby Scepcop » 06 Jan 2011, 23:26

The Chinese might have figured out the cause?

http://www.chou4.com/ky/showArticle.htm ... cleId=3449

English translation:

We know that birds navigate by the magnetic field, only the magnetic field changes, and the birds will be lost fall,

Migratory birds rely on the body's "biological compass" to determine the direction is "open secret", but it is not clear how the perception of the magnetic field of birds.

"Nobody knows it (the magnetic induction system) to work," Patterson said Murray, "magnetic induction principle is that people understand the nature, at least so far the (principle)."

How long migratory birds perceive the magnetic field on two main points. One view is that the birds beak cells can sense the Earth's magnetic field and pass the message through the nervous system to the brain; another point of view, birds eye in the photoreceptor cells can "see" the magnetic field, and the information through another way to the brain is referred to as "N clusters" light processing area.

Specific proteins in migratory birds eye "cryptochrome" Maybe this is the light-dependent magnetic field sensing of the media. Light stimulation of this protein produced a pair of free radicals, free radicals can be carried by the electron spin may be able to perceive the special properties of Earth's magnetic field.

In general, the magnetic elements of change is very small, but with the solar activity and geomagnetic storms are closely related phenomena, but it happened very suddenly. This is because the intense sunspot activity, when the energy released is equivalent to some one hundred thousand hydrogen bomb blast, while a large number of charged particles ejected. These charged particles hitting the Earth forming a powerful magnetic field to the magnetic field superposition, so that under normal circumstances, the magnetic elements changed dramatically, causing "magnetic storms." Occurs when the magnetic storm on Earth many strange phenomena occur. Over the North Pole in the dark there will be a beautiful aurora. The compass will swing, short-wave radio broadcasts suddenly, relying on the magnetic field "navigation" will be lost pigeons, flying around. To cosmic rays and magnetic fields can stop high-energy charged particles from the sun is harmful organisms from the natural umbrella.

There may be and the polarity of the magnetic field changes related to conversion, according to Indian newspaper reports, Hyderabad (Hyderabad), a company in 2012, researchers predicted that the Earth and the Sun's magnetic poles will reverse. Earth's magnetic reversal Earth's magnetic field is the occurrence of the Arctic and Antarctic swap, in the course of the earth will experience at some point in time there is no magnetic field in the state.

Such a thing in human history not recorded, so only through computer simulation of its impact. Hyderabad model based on the Earth and the Sun's magnetic field in addition to the conversion
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Jan 2011, 23:45

Between being a blonde, the big words and the poor Engrish trasration, I find that article difficult to comprehend.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby Edx » 08 Jan 2011, 02:20

OMG this is so typical of you skeptics, it was obviously aliens that killed those birds. DUH> :roll:
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Jan 2011, 03:57

In gleaning though things I didn't see anyone mention the fish issue as well... over 100,000 dead fish found in the same state within a 24 hour window of the birds... all reported on NBC National News. . .

There's three categories of blame here, which do you think is closest to right?

The New Natural Gas "mining" methods
Chemical Company OOPS!
Alien Interference (as in the ET variety, not Mexicans)
Global Warming
Fear that the Republican's Are Taking Things Back Over Again
Everyone Drank the Same Kool-Aid
Holy Jihad: Birds vs. Fish

Here's another for you... who thinks there will be a cover-up? :roll:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby Scepcop » 09 Jan 2011, 03:29

The Earth's magnetic poles are shifting.

http://www.livescience.com/environment/ ... 10107.html
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby ProfWag » 09 Jan 2011, 21:28

Craig Browning wrote:In gleaning though things I didn't see anyone mention the fish issue as well... over 100,000 dead fish found in the same state within a 24 hour window of the birds... all reported on NBC National News. . .

There's three categories of blame here, which do you think is closest to right?

The New Natural Gas "mining" methods
Chemical Company OOPS!
Alien Interference (as in the ET variety, not Mexicans)
Global Warming
Fear that the Republican's Are Taking Things Back Over Again
Everyone Drank the Same Kool-Aid
Holy Jihad: Birds vs. Fish

Here's another for you... who thinks there will be a cover-up? :roll:

I was up that way a few days ago and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant in Ozark. Perhaps it was my flatulance? If so, I feel pretty bad about it...
Although I really do only live about an hour and a half from there, in all honesty, I think you'll find it was a disease specific to the drum fish as the culprit. If it were chemicals or other mentioned things, it would have killed all species rather than just Drum Fish.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 22:02

ProfWag wrote:I was up that way a few days ago and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant in Ozark. Perhaps it was my flatulance? If so, I feel pretty bad about it...
Although I really do only live about an hour and a half from there, in all honesty, I think you'll find it was a disease specific to the drum fish as the culprit. If it were chemicals or other mentioned things, it would have killed all species rather than just Drum Fish.

Yes, that's certainly one excuse..... ummm, I mean theory, at least with the fish. Different species of fish can be affected by a number of natural causes that will range from fish to fish.
But what about the birds? Why only red winged black birds? Granted, they were obviously migrating in large flocks and could have been roosting in the exact area of whatever it was that caused the kill but do we have any stats on dead other birds (sparrows, starlings, etc.) that may have been mixed in with this flock?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby really? » 09 Jan 2011, 22:19

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:I was up that way a few days ago and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant in Ozark. Perhaps it was my flatulance? If so, I feel pretty bad about it...
Although I really do only live about an hour and a half from there, in all honesty, I think you'll find it was a disease specific to the drum fish as the culprit. If it were chemicals or other mentioned things, it would have killed all species rather than just Drum Fish.

Yes, that's certainly one excuse..... ummm, I mean theory, at least with the fish. Different species of fish can be affected by a number of natural causes that will range from fish to fish.
But what about the birds? Why only red winged black birds? Granted, they were obviously migrating in large flocks and could have been roosting in the exact area of whatever it was that caused the kill but do we have any stats on dead other birds (sparrows, starlings, etc.) that may have been mixed in with this flock?


You're making something out of nothing. So lets stop and examine this a bit more rationally before we all get dragged down the rabbit's hole.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly
By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer Seth Borenstein, Ap Science Writer – Fri Jan 7, 11:08 am ET

WASHINGTON – First, the blackbirds fell out of the sky on New Year's Eve in Arkansas. In recent days, wildlife have mysteriously died in big numbers: 2 million fish in the Chesapeake Bay, 150 tons of red tilapia in Vietnam, 40,000 crabs in Britain and other places across the world. Blogs connected the deadly dots, joking about the "aflockalypse" while others saw real signs of something sinister, either biblical or environmental.

The reality, say biologists, is that these mass die-offs happen all the time and usually are unrelated.

Federal records show they happen on average every other day somewhere in North America. Usually, we don't notice them and don't try to link them to each other. Blame technology, says famed Harvard biologist E.O. Wilson. With the Internet, cell phones and worldwide communications, people are noticing events, connecting the dots more.

"This instant and global communication, it's just a human instinct to read mystery and portents of dangers and wondrous things in events that are unusual," The irony is that mass die-offs — usually of animals with large populations — are getting the attention while a larger but slower mass extinction of thousands of species because of human activity is ignored, Wilson said.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110107/ap_ ... fact_check
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 22:44

really? wrote:You're making something out of nothing. So lets stop and examine this a bit more rationally before we all get dragged down the rabbit's hole.

I don't believe that I am making something out of nothing. I have an opportunity to discuss a current event that interests me with someone (ProfWag) here who is a highly educated local to this event and even knows someone who is involved in this event. IMO, this is much better than anything that I can gleen off of a mass media site via a search engine.

A perfect example is what you have just added to the convo here. Good and welcomed (documented) information that was very much enjoyed. I stuck this thread in the CT area because I want to see if any of our CT peeps had opinions. Not to start some bruhaha or make it sound as if it's something that it's not. Our two or three CT'ers tend to not go to the other topics on this forum.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 22:49

Once again, please allow me to remind everyone that this forum is FOR the discussion of the topics listed in the index. Debunking the information is a perk of the subject matter, not the main objective.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests