View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Dead Birds in Arkansas

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Jan 2011, 22:19

So, does anyone have a theory on this?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... irds_N.htm
NinjaPuppy

Re: Dead Birds in Arkansas

Postby derrida » 05 Jan 2011, 00:16

im betting was because of the fireworks on 31th
i heard they found birds with signs they were really stressed

i hope they continue the story to found out what happened
derrida

Postby ProfWag » 05 Jan 2011, 01:06

NinjaPuppy wrote:So, does anyone have a theory on this?

I happen to know Dr. Dan the Bird Man (from the Arkansas Audubon Society) and am on his e-mail list. He said pretty convincingly that this was a trauma to the heart, probably set on by fireworks from New Years Eve. Technically, this is still a theory, but should be verified within a couple weeks.
By the way, did you know that Arkansas has two kinds of crows? The American Crow and the Fish Crow which look alike to the untrained eye, but the Fish Crow is a slightly smaller bird and makes a distinctly different noise. (Just recently went through a Bird Watching class with Dr. Dan about a month ago...)
ProfWag

Postby derrida » 05 Jan 2011, 03:02

ProfWag wrote:

By the way, did you know that Arkansas has two kinds of crows? The American Crow and the Fish Crow which look alike to the untrained eye, but the Fish Crow is a slightly smaller bird and makes a distinctly different noise

i wouldnt want to play jeopardy against you ;)
derrida

Postby ProfWag » 05 Jan 2011, 03:55

derrida wrote:
ProfWag wrote:

By the way, did you know that Arkansas has two kinds of crows? The American Crow and the Fish Crow which look alike to the untrained eye, but the Fish Crow is a slightly smaller bird and makes a distinctly different noise

i wouldnt want to play jeopardy against you ;)

I actually suck at jeopardy. I always forget to to say "what is..." first.
I'll tell you a funny story though, I had an ex wife whom I dispised. Long story as to why I stayed as long as I did. Anyway, she thought since she had the PhD she was so much smarter than me. Well, we always watched Jeapardy when she got home from work. What she didn't know is that BEFORE she got home, I had already watched it on another channel at an earlier time. Kicked her ass every night...True story.
Another true story with her is I always hid her B-day/X-mas presents in the stove in the Spamalamadingdong. She never cooked so obviously she'd never think to look there. Honest to god that's a true story.
Sorry I got off-topic.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Jan 2011, 04:08

Geeze, where are the chemtrail guys when you need them?
NinjaPuppy

Postby derrida » 05 Jan 2011, 05:23

i love the idea of hiding presentsin the oven
that´s really funny
derrida

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Jan 2011, 20:08

Oh wait.... there's more: http://www.thelocal.se/31262/20110105/

Shortly before midnight on Tuesday, residents found 50 to 100 jackdaws on a street in Falköping southeast of Skövde. The site has been blocked for a veterinary inspection of the birds.

"We do not know what the cause is," said Tomas Ahlgren, officer in command at the Skövde police.

Emergency services have cordoned off an area around the site so that the birds can be examined by the county veterinarian. According to Sveriges Radio Skaraborg, these are between 50 and 100 dead birds.

A veterinarian was on his way to investigate the birds on site on Wednesday morning. County veterinian Robert ter Horst would not speculate on what may have caused the birds' deaths.

"We will work quietly and methodically," he said.

On New Year's Eve, an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 blackbirds tumbled from the sky on an Arkansas town shortly before midnight on New Year's Eve.

Separately, 500 birds plummeted to the ground 580 kilometres away in Louisiana on Monday and a Kentucky woman reported finding dozens of dead birds in her yard.

Speculation on the causes of the US bird deaths has ranged from fireworks, the weather, noxious fumes or a "sonic boom."

In addition, up to 100,000 dead and dying drum fish have washed up in the Arkansas River and tens of thousands of dead fish have been found in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 05 Jan 2011, 21:40

NinjaPuppy wrote:Oh wait.... there's more: http://www.thelocal.se/31262/20110105/

Shortly before midnight on Tuesday, residents found 50 to 100 jackdaws on a street in Falköping southeast of Skövde. The site has been blocked for a veterinary inspection of the birds.

"We do not know what the cause is," said Tomas Ahlgren, officer in command at the Skövde police.

Emergency services have cordoned off an area around the site so that the birds can be examined by the county veterinarian. According to Sveriges Radio Skaraborg, these are between 50 and 100 dead birds.

A veterinarian was on his way to investigate the birds on site on Wednesday morning. County veterinian Robert ter Horst would not speculate on what may have caused the birds' deaths.

On New Year's Eve, an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 blackbirds tumbled from the sky on an Arkansas town shortly before midnight on New Year's Eve.

Separately, 500 birds plummeted to the ground 580 kilometres away in Louisiana on Monday and a Kentucky woman reported finding dozens of dead birds in her yard.

Speculation on the causes of the US bird deaths has ranged from fireworks, the weather, noxious fumes or a "sonic boom."

In addition, up to 100,000 dead and dying drum fish have washed up in the Arkansas River and tens of thousands of dead fish have been found in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.

Well, since the end of days is approaching according to some, maybe this is a sign of things to come? :)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Jan 2011, 21:59

ProfWag wrote:Well, since the end of days is approaching according to some, maybe this is a sign of things to come? :)

It's always possible but this thing with the birds gives me more of a human related problem vibe.
NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 05 Jan 2011, 23:33

NinjaPuppy wrote:Oh wait.... there's more: http://www.thelocal.se/31262/20110105/

Are you implying a connection ?
All of the blackbirds in that incidence appeared to be in good health. That probably rules out disease. Blackbirds can't see at night so the fireworks idea of them being startled and bumping into things is a reasonable explanation.
The fish known as freshwater Drum were the only ones to die. Disease is a likely cause

Fish kills happen frequently in the Chesapeake Bay almost totally do to man made environmental factors.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Jan 2011, 00:02

It has been reported in Arkansas, Louisiana and Sweden.
NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 06 Jan 2011, 04:15

NinjaPuppy wrote:It has been reported in Arkansas, Louisiana and Sweden.

It's a big planet with a lot of birds. So what ?
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Jan 2011, 04:24

really? wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:It has been reported in Arkansas, Louisiana and Sweden.

It's a big planet with a lot of birds. So what ?

Because it's not something, of this magnatude, that happens on a regular basis. Fish kills happen all the time. Thousands of dead birds, not so much. Three 'flocks' of dead birds in three separate areas on the globe so close together. REALLY, not so much.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 06 Jan 2011, 05:30

NinjaPuppy wrote:... Three 'flocks' of dead birds in three separate areas on the globe so close together. REALLY, not so much.

Hi Ninja, I'm sure this won't be as exciting as Olivia's shark-skin pants, but do you have any evidence for this statement? Because, if you research the US Geological Survey, you'll find they documented 90 mass deaths of birds JUST from June to December of last year. So, mass deaths are not that uncommon...
http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/
ProfWag

Next

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups