View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Moon Landing Hoax - Evidence, Logic and Common Sense

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Re: Moon Landing Hoax - Evidence, Logic and Common Sense

Postby Arouet » 12 Jan 2013, 07:57

Misha wrote:6) I'm always interested in the forum's viewpoint. No, I would rather take in and be quiet.

ok, well if anyone indicates a willingness to discuss it, then I'll bother watching it.
Arouet

Postby Misha » 16 Jan 2013, 21:52

Misha

Postby really? » 21 Mar 2013, 22:04

Arouet wrote:http://www.cracked.com/video_18547_the-ridiculous-truth-about-moon-landing-hoax.html

I guess some folks think this is actually a factual account.
really?

Postby SydneyPSIder » 23 Mar 2013, 12:44

really? wrote:
Arouet wrote:http://www.cracked.com/video_18547_the-ridiculous-truth-about-moon-landing-hoax.html

I guess some folks think this is actually a factual account.

hee hee, close enough. It's far less fictionalised than something like 'Argo', for instance, and every other Hollywood dramatisation claiming to be 'based on' true events...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo_(2012_film)#Historical_inaccuracies

1 pt against pseudosceps -- Ad hominem smear fallacy
SydneyPSIder

Postby Misha » 17 Jul 2013, 00:57

Hi Guys,

I thought this would interest you. Below is an interview regarding the Apollo Moon Hoax with Marcus Allen from Nexus magazine. The second link is by David McGowan author of "Programmed to Kill" also regarding the Moon Hoax. Just scroll down his page and read "Wagging the Moon Doggie." Yes, I'm sure some of you will be tempted to read Dave's Boston Bombing analysis. Please do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR-aXUQ1uUM

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/
Misha

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jul 2013, 09:05

Misha wrote:Hi Guys,

I thought this would interest you. Below is an interview regarding the Apollo Moon Hoax with Marcus Allen from Nexus magazine. The second link is by David McGowan author of "Programmed to Kill" also regarding the Moon Hoax. Just scroll down his page and read "Wagging the Moon Doggie." Yes, I'm sure some of you will be tempted to read Dave's Boston Bombing analysis. Please do.

One of the greatest results of the invent of the internet is that people are free to speak as they choose.
One of the worst results of the invent of the internet is that people are free to speak as they choose.
Dave's disgusting articles are some of the most repulsive opinions I've read since 9/11. What the hell people? It's no wonder America is going to hell on the fast train. It's a damn shame and the people who support this crap that's totally unsubstantiated should be ashamed of yourselves. These kinds of articles don't even begin to deserve a debunking.
ProfWag

Postby Misha » 20 Jul 2013, 15:38

ProfWag wrote:

One of the greatest results of the invent of the internet is that people are free to speak as they choose.
One of the worst results of the invent of the internet is that people are free to speak as they choose.
Dave's disgusting articles are some of the most repulsive opinions I've read since 9/11. What the hell people? It's no wonder America is going to hell on the fast train. It's a damn shame and the people who support this crap that's totally unsubstantiated should be ashamed of yourselves. These kinds of articles don't even begin to deserve a debunking.

ProfWag, I have no idea what you are exactly referring too? Is it Apollo or the Boston Bombings? And you're correct. I do support the truth and free speech. It may come in many ugly forms, some of which may not be to our liking. But, let us measure and be of good cheer and never be ashamed for greater understanding. Dave's Apollo analysis in my humble opinion is spot on. Dave does make some excellent points on the Boston Bombing, not all to my satisfaction, but some of which defies logic. Guys, do not be swayed or think you're not patriotic by searching.
Misha

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jul 2013, 20:25

Misha wrote:
ProfWag wrote:

ProfWag, I have no idea what you are exactly referring too? Is it Apollo or the Boston Bombings? And you're correct. I do support the truth and free speech. It may come in many ugly forms, some of which may not be to our liking. But, let us measure and be of good cheer and never be ashamed for greater understanding. Dave's Apollo analysis in my humble opinion is spot on. Dave does make some excellent points on the Boston Bombing, not all to my satisfaction, but some of which defies logic. Guys, do not be swayed or think you're not patriotic by searching.

Truthfully I couldn't get past Dave's Boston analysis so I don't have a clue what he was spouting off about on the moon landing, but this goes back to understanding the source of information when forming an opinion on a subject. I'll go back and look at what he said about the moon landing, but I'm pretty sure you'll feel he's spot on about the moon because it coincides with your own beliefs rather than the whole picture.
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jul 2013, 20:45

Misha wrote: Dave's Apollo analysis in my humble opinion is spot on. Dave does make some excellent points on the Boston Bombing, not all to my satisfaction, but some of which defies logic. Guys, do not be swayed or think you're not patriotic by searching.

Misha, I have looked at his moon landing "analysis" and I happen to notice that he mentions many different things, but not one of them are referenced. Are you not curious as to where he gets his information? Is that not important to you? How do you know he hasn't made up everything he says? It appears obvious to me that you find his analysis "spot on" because you agree with his rhetoric rather than because you find his opinion academically plausible.
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 20 Jul 2013, 20:45

Thanks Misha - you've given me a set of articles now that you consider spot on. So what I will now do is attempt to go through them one by one and apply the same sort of analysis as I did for the White videos.

I'll write my comments as I go through it so you'll basically see my thought process as it unfolds.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 20 Jul 2013, 20:56

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/Apollo1.html

The first page doesn't give a lot to sink teeth into. There are a lot of rhetorical questions meant to raise suspicion and I could quibble with them but there's no point: I'm going to just start from the assumption that there is reason for suspicion.

I will make a quibble on one statement he makes though:

The total distance traveled during the alleged missions, including Earth and Moon orbits, ranged from 622,268 miles for Apollo 13 to 1,484,934 miles for Apollo 17. All on a single tank of gas.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he knows that the gas would not be on for most of the trip. When you're out in space, going in one direction, you'll just keep going in that direction forever - or of course until you hit something or something hits you. Unless you want to change directions, slow down, or accelerate, you're not going to need the gas. I'm hoping he was simply being tongue in cheek because otherwise this comment is extremely misleading.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jul 2013, 21:15

Here's a simple example of how a conspiracy theorist presents his/her claim to make people think that an "official" story can't possibly be correct. From Dave's site as was mentioned above, here is a paragraph:
"Anyway, I think when we left off we were discussing the highly improbable flight of Apollo 8, the very first manned launch of a Saturn V, which took flight, as I previously mentioned, on the winter solstice of 1968. The mighty Apollo spacecraft, which had failed on its last unmanned outing, purportedly flew all the way to the Moon, did ten quick laps around Earth’s nearest neighbor, and then flew back home, with every one of its 9,000,000 parts performing flawlessly." (no reference given)
Reading that, one could logically conclude to themselves "Yes, that's true. How in the world could 9,000,000 parts perform flawlessly?"
Are you aware that a Boeing 747 that billions of people have flown in has over 6,000,000 parts itself? Do all of those parts always work flawlessly? Of course not. Knowing that, I conclude that his statement was simply a waste of time and means nothing to actually looking at concrete evidence of whether or not we went to the moon.
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 21 Jul 2013, 03:19

I'm hoping that the first page was just sort of an introduction with general rhetorical questions but that he gets into the meat of it in the remaining pages. I'll try and get to page 2 tonight.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 21 Jul 2013, 04:00

Misha: when is the guy going to get beyond rhetoric?

Is this one of the gems that you feel is "spot on"?

We will also require a sanitation/septic system of some kind. Or did those missions bring about another ‘first’ that NASA has been reluctant to brag about? Was Neil Armstrong, unbeknownst to the American people, the first man to take a dump on lunar soil? Or was it Buzz Aldrin? Which astronaut has the distinction of being the first to soil the lunar landscape?

He goes through a list of things that need to be part of the ship seemingly by just sitting and thinking about it:

I’m not at all sure how the air conditioning system is going to work, come to think of it, since air conditioning requires a steady supply of – and please stop me if I am stating the obvious here – air. And the Moon doesn’t really have a lot of that.

Really?

Or this:

Before moving on, I need to emphasize here just how sophisticated the lunar modules actually were. These remarkable spacecraft – and I understandably get a little choked up here talking about this, because I am just so damn proud of our team of Nazi scientists – managed to make six perfect take-offs from the surface of the Moon! And understand here people that they did that, amazingly enough, with completely untested technology!

How do you make a comment like this:

I’m quite sure that we had the best minds available working on the Apollo project, but none of them could have accurately predicted and compensated for how all those unearthly conditions would combine to affect the flight potential of the lunar modules. So the ability of the modules to actually blast off from the Moon and fly was, at best, a theoretical concept.

Without actually discussing the details - what was claimed, what are the issues we know of - why does he think it should not have been possible? It's like he thinks asking the question with a sarcastic tone is sufficient!

Or this:

Today, of course, we can’t even launch a space shuttle from right here on planet Earth without occasionally blowing one up, even though we have lowered our sights considerably. After all, sending spacecraft into low-Earth orbit is considerably easier than sending spacecraft all the way to the friggin’ Moon and back. It would appear then that we can draw the following conclusion: although technology has advanced immeasurably since the first Apollo Moon landing and we have significantly downgraded our goals in space, we can’t come close to matching the kick-ass safety record we had in the Apollo days.

Two pages in and nothing but rhetoric.

Maybe he'll get to substance on the next page.
Arouet

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups