View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Seismic spike indicates explosion before collapse

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Seismic spike indicates explosion before collapse

Postby Anders » 17 Sep 2010, 15:50

Hi,

I have found some evidence for explosion at the South Tower happening several seconds before the start of the collapse.

Quote from the official 9/11 Commission Report: "At 9:58:59, the South Tower collapsed in ten seconds". See Chapter 9.2 SEPTEMBER 11,2001: http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/report/911Report_Ch9.htm

Seismograms recorded by LCSN Station PAL:
See: http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/LCSN/Eq/20010911_wtc.html

The seismic recording shows the time for a seismic event related to the collapse of the South Tower: 9:59:04. Notice here that this is the time for the recording at the PAL station. It takes about 17 seconds *) for the seismic wave to reach the PAL center from the source at WTC. Therefore the time for the seismic event at the source was: 9:58:47.

The time difference between the start of the collapse 9:58:59 and the recorded seismic event at the source 9:58:47 for the South Tower is 12 seconds. This indicates that an explosion happened at the WTC about 12 seconds before the start of the collapse of the South Tower.

I have seen claims that the time scale on the x-axis of each seismogram shows the time at the source, not at the PAL station where they were recorded. But the diagram says: "East-West component of motion at PAL". Indicating the time at the source wouldn't make sense for a seismogram, and if the time indicated was at the source then we get an inconsistency between the time stated in the official 9/11 Commission Report and the time recorded at the PAL station. This cannot be blamed on low signal-to-noise errors in time measurement at the PAL station since this was a huge seismic spike.

*) "This is based on an estimate of 2 km/s travel speed for the S waves, which, given the PAL station's distance of 34 KM from the WTC, gives a travel time of 17 seconds." -- From: http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysi ... efall.html
Anders

Re: Seismic spike indicates explosion before collapse

Postby Edx » 18 Sep 2010, 08:08

Disproven at the JREF thread so you're now spamming your crap here Anders? :lol:

And it seems you're a no planer to boot:

"I believe no planes hit the towers and that the impact floors were rigged beforehand with tons of kerosene, tons of Thermite and shape charges to produce the impact holes of planes. The rest was TV fakery" - Anders

I'm not even sure Winston would defend that...
Edx

Postby Anders » 18 Sep 2010, 12:59

Edx wrote:Disproven at the JREF thread so you're now spamming your crap here Anders? :lol:

"I believe no planes hit the towers and that the impact floors were rigged beforehand with tons of kerosene, tons of Thermite and shape charges to produce the impact holes of planes. The rest was TV fakery" - Anders

Yeah, I have received a lot of feedback from skeptics. It seems that I'm half-right and half-wrong. I was also thinking about posting this on a pure skeptics forum, but I need to sort out my errors first so I can present a solid case.
Anders

Postby Anders » 18 Sep 2010, 13:34

It seems that 'origin time' really is a seismic term for the time at the source. But then we get an inconsistency with officially reported times with 5 seconds and a huge discrepancy of 17 seconds for one of the plane impacts (which was a short event at the source and not something spanning over several seconds). So something is clearly inconsistent in the official report. Plus, although here I'm not sure yet, the seismic events for the collapses of the towers look way too 'spiky' and large to only have been caused by the collapses compared to the seismic event recorded for the collapse of WTC 7 (even when taking into consideration that WTC 7 was a much smaller building).
Anders

Postby Scepcop » 18 Sep 2010, 17:41

Edx wrote:Disproven at the JREF thread so you're now spamming your crap here Anders? :lol:

How so?

Why is it that 100 percent of everything that goes against the official story of anything is completely false EVERY TIME?

Why does the JREF never ever question or disprove anything from the status quo?

Why is the status quo and the official version of everything infallible and above questioning or skepticism?

"The original definition of skeptic was a person who questions ALL beliefs, facts, and points-of-view. A healthy perspective in my opinion. Today's common definition of skeptic is someone who questions any belief that strays outside of the status quo, yet leaving the status quo itself completely unquestioned. Kind of a juvenile and intellectually lazy practice in my opinion."

"What skeptics fail to understand is that skepticism involves being skeptical of your own position, it does not mean just being skeptical of that which you do not believe in, otherwise we are all skeptics and that renders their use of the term "skeptic" meaningless. A true skeptic casts skepticism on their own position as well. Since the Randi crowd do not employ skepticism in this respect then they are fairly termed pseudo skeptics and demean the term skepticism."
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Edx » 18 Sep 2010, 18:02

Scepcop wrote:
How so?

Why is it that 100 percent of everything that goes against the official story of anything is completely false EVERY TIME?

Depends what you call the "official story" there's lots the government said that werent true, is that what you mean? The real reason why truthers are invariably wrong about just about everything is the same reason why Creationists and Intelligent Design proponents are wrong about damn near everything back to front. It is amazing, but nevertheless thats just the way it is.

Why does the JREF never ever question or disprove anything from the status quo?

Why is the status quo and the official version of everything infallible and above questioning or skepticism?

So you're saying that its fine to promote the idea that there were no planes that hit the WTC, that thermite and explosives produced the impact holes in the buildings and that CGI was used on TV and the videos in order to fool you into thinking there were planes?

If so you are beyond help, more so than I already thought.

Btw... a skeptic doesnt mean unquestioning belief in any fringe claim, which apparently fits you. Your mind is so open your rationality has fallen out.
Edx

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups