[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why do many cling to a theory from a pathological liar? : Conspiracies / Cover Ups • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why do many cling to a theory from a pathological liar?

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Why do many cling to a theory from a pathological liar?

Postby Scepcop » 20 Mar 2010, 09:48

For some reason, when presented with the overwhelming evidence against the official 9/11 conspiracy theory, many react with ridicule and denial rather than objectivity and rationality. People seem to have some weird psychological block that prevents them from applying reason to the subject.

Oddly, they religiously cling to George Bush's conspiracy theory of 9/11 with unquestioning faith despite the fact that Bush is a proven pathological liar who has pretty much lied even about everything, even the smallest things (e.g. claiming to see the first plane hit the first tower on TV on 9/11 when that footage wasn't aired til 9/12). People seem to have some deep psychological need to believe the official story. It's very odd and irrational. They religiously cling to the words of a known pathological liar in the face of overwhelming evidence, data, testimonials, and scientific facts.

I'm glad to be free of such madness. Are you?

Anyhow, since the 9/11 subject is huge and contains too many details to individually share with everyone, I suggest sharing these two films below. (For convenience sake, you can also print out this post and hand it to people in person)

With the conspiracy movements growing like wildfire, there are now hundreds of films about 9/11 and the New World Order. I've seen almost all of them and there are two that I would recommend the most. They are guaranteed to change your mind about 9/11, IF you view them with an objective and unbiased mind. After viewing them, you will never think that the 9/11 Truth Movement are a group of "crackpots" ever again. I promise you that.

The first is an incredible film by the European Parliament called "Zero: An Investigation into 9/11". This film is a masterpiece of historical reconstruction. It features Nobel Prize Winners and experts from various fields who explain with many compelling arguments why the official story of 9/11 is impossible and makes no sense. Everyone who has seen it with a thinking mind has been convinced that we were not told the truth about 9/11 by the US government.

The film has an ebb and flow that makes you feel every point. Many valid arguments and logical points are presented that make so much sense, some of which are irrefutable. It's a MUST SEE for any truth seeker. Many comments on YouTube and Google Video have said that the film has left them "without a doubt" that we were been lied to about 9/11.

Here is the link to watch it on Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8603788739

Or on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3kBn1usddI

The second one is "9/11 Blueprint for Truth" by Richard Gage, founder of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth - AE911Truth.org. It is the most professional, organized, and utterly convincing presentation about the WTC collapse on 9/11 out there. In it Mr. Gage uses the SCIENTIFIC METHOD and easy to follow flowcharts to explain step by step why ALL ten key features of the World Trade Center collapse and Building 7 fit that of a controlled demolition and NONE of them fit the fire induced collapse explanation of the official 9/11 story.

With the official fire/jet impact theory being ZERO for ten in explaining the ten characteristics of the collapse of the three towers, the official theory is conclusively debunked. And with all ten features fitting the controlled demolition hypothesis, it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thus the scientific method points to controlled demolition of the WTC and Building 7 as the ONLY possible hypothesis that fits ALL the data, whereas the government's explanation of fire on the top floors of the WTC pulverizing 80,000 tons of steel and concrete below it to dust at near free fall speed does not even have a one in a million chance of occuring, rendering it an absolute zero probability.

It's "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" as Mr. Gage put it. The presentation is a rock solid case, and has already convinced over a thousand professional Architects and Engineers, who have now endorsed it by signing the petition at AE911Truth.org, putting their full names behind it. It has also been endorsed by various media around the world.

Here is the link to watch the film on Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6903609314

Or on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b74naeawdCs

If you agree with these films that a new independent investigation of 9/11 must be launched, then sign the petition on this page: http://www.ae911truth.org/signpetition.php

If you agree, then spread the word by forwarding these links to everyone you know as well, to help do your part.

In addition, look at how many credible people now challenge the official story of 9/11. With this many intelligent credible experts, common sense and logic will tell you that there's gotta be something to it. See this voluminous list of experts and statements here:

http://www.patriotsquestion911.com

PS - If you have the time and interest, go to Google Video at this link http://video.google.com and see these other great 9/11 films by entering them in the Google Video search box:

- 9/11 Revisited: Were explosives used?
- National Security Alert
- 9/11 Mysteries
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Why do many cling to a theory from a pathological liar?

Postby Nostradamus » 20 Mar 2010, 09:59

A few people prefer to listen to pathological liars such as Richard Gage.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 20 Mar 2010, 19:35

As Ricky Ricardo on "I Love Lucy" used to say: "Ohhhhhh, it's just so ridiculous!"
This thread appears to be started as a plea for support on an idea that is going downhill at a very rapid pace. Nothing new from these conspiracy theorists in years and all of their ideas have all been shown to be poor attempts at getting the public against the American government. Totally distasteful, especially to the front-line victims of this tragedy.
I'm all for the truth from the events of 9/11, and I do feel strongly that the government knows more than we do about that day and would like for them to release as much information as they can. However, to say the buildings were blown up, that a plane didn't crash into the Pentagon, that they knew what day and where they were coming and we let them do it, or that a plane didn't actually crash in Pennsylvania are all theories that are just plain bullcrap of the lowest form.
It appears to me that Gage, Griffin, Jones, Scepcop, etc. are the ones that are not looking at this situation with an open mind. They are convinced that the American Government are a bunch of slime-bags and will tell any story to get anyone they can on their side. I don't disagree totally that there are a bunch of slime-bags running my country, but to think these attacks were anything but jihad terrorists is just wrong.
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 20 Mar 2010, 22:19

Sorry Scepcop, I have to go with the majority and it's not because I believe with W said but rather, what the facts have proven as well as what my own experience and knowledge supports.

You might want to consider the fact that one side of this theory of yours actually supports Al Queda and the other terrorist groups that loathe the U.S. and more specifically JEWS... according to them 9/11 was an Israeli-U.S. joint venture because there were no Jews in the buildings on the day of the attack... not according to the incident list and all the victims/missing known, but as the result of supposition and the "need" to point fingers away from their own involvement and towards a much bigger "monster".

Many people hate the U.S. and view us as some kind of massive, evil empire. There is some genuine reason for this fear and disgust, most of which stems from the abuse of these people at home and abroad, by major corporations as well as the attitudes we, the people, project when visiting those other lands or simply in our inner-action with one another right here, at home! But the some of the biggest would-be foes of the U.S. are young adults 15-35 years of age who've never gone without, nor traveled outside the U.S. area of influence... I word it that way on purpose in that we tend to be carefully herded when we travel, preventing us from being exposed to those things "they" don't want us to witness... it's subtle but effective. :twisted:

The point is, members of this element are easily manipulated by individuals offering a "theory" that kicks the giant in the shins. The majority of such manipulators being 35-55 years of age and rather unfulfilled when it comes to their lives (think Unibomber or David Koresh) and thus, they have a "need" to be superior -- an "authority" of some kind. Especially when that sense of authority seemingly degrades the thing they detest or blame (more accurately), in this case, the U.S. Government.

I'm not unfeeling when it comes to your personal attraction to this route of thinking; I'm confident there's much more to it all than we'll ever be told. BUT, I'm more than confident in the fact that it was not the sort of "conspiracy" scenario you have been sold on; as I've stated before, the science does not sustain what this man claims let alone the logistics of pulling such a project off; something would have raised suspicion way before incident, there's absolutely no getting around that truth.

I hope you can bring yourself to actually do some footwork (study) well away from what this clown is encouraging and get some facts for yourself rather than what you're being told to believe. Study the science of demolition if you really want to get a grasp on how HUGE a project it would be and why it would be impossible to pull things off as suggested, without being found out.

Sorry. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby infinite1 » 28 Jun 2010, 03:44

I would like to call attention to one more video about 9/11 that is a must see. It is not as scientific or professional as Blueprint for Truth and the host is a little strange and does interject some of his own theories. However, it is the only video I've come across to date that shows what really happened at the Pentagon and that is the main reason why I recommend seeing it. It's called "9/11 In Plane Site - The Director's Cut." After my friends ridiculed me for what I had to say about 9/11 - that the official story was a lie, they watched the DVD of this movie that I gave to them, not believing it would convince them of anything. And while they still refuse to believe that the official story is a lie, all 4 of them said they had no explanation in opposition to the evidence the video presented regarding the Pentagon. You must see this video to understand what I am saying, but in short it shows it is impossible for a plane as large as a 757 or 767 to have hit the Pentagon, if in fact it was a plane in the first place. And they show the live news video that was taken after the hit but *before* the outer wall collapsed. The news media has never replayed this footage and you will be hard pressed to find it anywhere else. But in this video you will see only a tiny hole in the wall after the hit - way too small for a plane of the size that was claimed, and then you will watch after a significant period of time goes by, the outer wall collapse. You will also see there was no wreckage of a plane that size found anywhere at the site.
infinite1

Postby ProfWag » 30 Jun 2010, 02:13

ProfWag

Postby Edx » 06 Jul 2010, 08:10

As you have been told many times before Wu, I for one dont believe the "official story" because George Bush said it was true and I don't know anyone else that does either.

I believe it because that is what the evidence shows and, ironically when considering this topic, because I find truthers to be pathological liars, incompetent and ignorant. But you still trust these people that can be proven to have lied over and over again or be shown to be so incompetent that its impossible to tell the difference. I find it really interesting that truthers say they are interested in "truth" and fling accusations of "lies" around all the time and yet don't seem to have any accountability for when their own "experts" do it or when they themselves can be proven to have been promoting lies. It seems to me that the "Truth Movement" use these words the same way fundamentalist Christians do such as when they will call evolution a "lie" and their beliefs the "truth".
Edx

Postby infinite1 » 06 Jul 2010, 12:03

infinite1

Postby ProfWag » 06 Jul 2010, 20:09

I usually like to look at the source when it comes to youtube videos (and other situations as well) so I looked up this movie to see if I could find if it was made by people who knew what they were talking about. The director had tried to sue a guy for pointing out all the inaccuracies in the movie. The defendent was able to show in court that the errors in the movie were indeed inaccurate and the director then made the statement that essentially said he didn't research or investiage the material in his film very thoroughly. As such, can the movie be taken seriously? I don't think so.
ProfWag

Postby Edx » 06 Jul 2010, 21:20

Edx

Postby infinite1 » 07 Jul 2010, 11:50

infinite1

Postby infinite1 » 07 Jul 2010, 11:59

infinite1

Postby ProfWag » 07 Jul 2010, 17:25

ProfWag

Postby really? » 07 Jul 2010, 21:32

Anyone want to chip in some money for a silver platter for poor ol' Winston's head? I think he's gonna need one.
really?

Postby Edx » 07 Jul 2010, 21:45

Edx

Next

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups