View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream science!

Discussions about Metaphysics, Quantum Physics, the Holographic Universe and the Nature of Reality.

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby chosenbygrace » 24 Aug 2011, 05:31

I tell you as a specialist in anti-social personaity disorders, that Nassim. is a narcissist, and they are malicious (and some are good at hiding it for a while) and not trustworthy. That doesn't mean they can't make any sense or can't put out breathroughs in anything, or consistently do good works, but can't or just barely do anything with genuine concern for the ultimate well being of another person. Also, his claims of being awarded and peer reviewed and accepted are clearly absurd stretches, especially in light of Bob-a-thon's critique of his physics claims. His theological beliefs are also illogical, something I know for a fact (not just believe on faith) as someone who thoroughly studied and improved upon the science of identifiying logical fallacies and refuting them.

Also your enthusiasm is shallow: there many more people than Nas who put out theories with complex equations whose theories have yet to be debunked. Just look in google and youtube for sites and videos on "why relativity is wrong" etc. Bob already reviewed Nas, and unless you can prove Bob wrong and can find anyone who can point out errors in Bob's claims, rather than just saying, "Oh you're just mean, ur just not interested in learning" and other annoying conniving weasel PERSONAL attacks like Nasseim accused Bob of making and being like, then go look elsewhere for a breaththrough. It's clear Relativity is getting us no where and causing stagnation, but Nas. is another road block and pot hole in the road.

By the way, you're captcha's are hellishly annoying and near impossible to read, you must be losing potential members using that garbage. Why aren't you using something better or just get rid of it? It's stupid. And it's stupid that you put or allowed that reload button right under it, which is easily mistaken as a send button, and making you go through the hell of trying to read that garbage all over again. How the hell can you not know that as an internet user? Ever use myspace facebook or fail to get into an email, are captchas not ultra annoying? You'st just angering people with those things, and when they do sign up, will be more prone to an outburst for having put them through that time wasting garbage. That message that cart message that pops up is also annoying, who the hell else does that? It would make sense to have a pop up only if you're typing a reply or a comment and accidentally hit the reload button on your browser or submit or preview button etc. It's also bad design to have the load save preview and submit buttons all right next to each other. Bye.

P.S.

What the? Clicking on my username logs me out?! What the heck happend to having a profile and being able to edit it?! Bad. What the heck garbageware forum software is this?

P.S.

Oh I see logout is before the username; you shouldn't put the user name by LOGOUT, just put LOGOUT and SIGN IN with a clear break between the two. I advise putting the user name in front of USER CONTROL PANEL.
User avatar
chosenbygrace
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 05:00

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby Arouet » 24 Aug 2011, 05:51

chosenbygrace wrote:You're being bigoted when you say that, because Mainstreamers who say that say that while pretending that creationists and saved Christians don't count as scientists or are poor scientists, which is bigotry being that it's said contrary to the evidence.


First, welcome to the forum.

OK: it's not bigotry. I would never say that a creationist or Christian could not be a scientist. There are plenty of very good scientists who are christian. When it comes to creationism, I don't think they have very scientific legs to stand on, but they can be very good scientisits in their own right. When evaluating an argument, I don't look at the person''s background but rather I look at their argument.

Plus, it wouldn't even be right for saved Christians etc. to say, because concensus NEVER even hints at truth. NEVER.


Bit of advice: stay away from the word "never" - it's pretty broad. That aside, I have no idea what you mean here. The consensus scientific opinion is the best and most reliable scientific knowledge at any given time. It may be incomplete, or even wrong. But its our best hint at the truth. So I would disagree with your statement here.

The only thing a concensus is evidence for is that there's a consensus on something, however large or small the consensus is. It's as bad as saying, "Well the more strongly I feel about something the better I know it's probably true," how so?


We're not talking about people's concensus on the best flavour of ice cream! A scientific consensus is a coming together of a scientific community towards a common theory - that is amptly backed up through rigourous investigation. It's not whim. It's more than mere agreement. It is the enpoint of many people's works that converge in a certain direction. it's not a consensus among the general public - it's a consensus among the leaders of a field.

Mainstreamer's are always confused over how to determine truth and tripping over themselves on that subject. You're statement and Wikipedia is a good example. Wikipedia simultaneously claims it's not about truth, yet all over that wacky propagandiapedia they cite that there's a concensus as evidence of something being true, especially against Christians. They do it with global warming, the Big Bang, Relativity, evolution and their claim that the part of the Bible before King Solomon's time is myth.


Ok, another bit of advice: people who coin capitalised terms such as "Mainstreamers" should not be talking about propaganda. But yes, there is a consensus on global warming, relativity, evolution and the bible being largely mythical. Not sure your point. The scientific evidence is very strong in these areas. though for each of them there will be a minority who disagree. Still, with the overwhelming weight of the scientific community on one side of those issues, that gives us the best idea of how things likely are. That's not to say that some new discovery won't come along and change everything. But for now, these are the most likely (even though there are no doubt inaccurate in some ways and the story is not complete)

You can determine what is true through reason and your physical senses and lesser so, your heart, a corrupt and unreliable tool, and have FAITH that you are right, faith, because we aren't perfect in knowledge and wisdom and prone to deception.


Indeed we are prone to deception which is why we tend not to rely on faith, and our mere senses, and our heart (really our brain), etc. We have developed the scientific method to help get away from subjectivity towards objectivity. Science has been spectacularly successful in figuring out how things work.

Even when there is a consensus in judgement in a court by a group of judges, that doesn't mean a thing is true;


Agreed- consensus =/ truth. But remember, I'm not talking about a consensus of judges. Or members of a forum. the consensus we are talking about here is of the experts in a scientific field.

if they are moral judges whose senses work, and they had sufficient evidence necessary for making a good judgment on a case, and there was no conflict of interest, and they have demonstrated being trustworhy their whole lives, then at best you can have faith they made a JUST and correct decision, but not necessarily correct or ultimately just, because they may have been lied to or misunderstood something. Judges in highly populated cities are under pressure to get a case done quickly, so they don't, unfortunately, always or usually spend their time examing the trustworthiness of a witness unless another witness is called to point out the person is known for lying.


Why the heck are you talking about judges? We're not talking about law here. We're talking about science. The level of confidence in a scientific consensus is much higher than that of a court of law.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby Arouet » 24 Aug 2011, 05:55

chosenbygrace wrote:By the way, you're captcha's are hellishly annoying and near impossible to read, you must be losing potential members using that garbage. Why aren't you using something better or just get rid of it? It's stupid. And it's stupid that you put or allowed that reload button right under it, which is easily mistaken as a send button, and making you go through the hell of trying to read that garbage all over again. How the hell can you not know that as an internet user? Ever use myspace facebook or fail to get into an email, are captchas not ultra annoying? You'st just angering people with those things, and when they do sign up, will be more prone to an outburst for having put them through that time wasting garbage. That message that cart message that pops up is also annoying, who the hell else does that? It would make sense to have a pop up only if you're typing a reply or a comment and accidentally hit the reload button on your browser or submit or preview button etc. It's also bad design to have the load save preview and submit buttons all right next to each other. Bye.


Dude. I'm not crazy about the forum software either, but really, relax a bit. You just got here! Take your shoes off, grab a beer, and sit back and chat for a bit! It's all good!
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby JO 753 » 29 Aug 2011, 04:42

This guy iz great!


'Its dots all the way up!"
IF PEPL TuK KeR UV XeR TiM aZ DILIJeNTLE aZ XA TuK KeR UV XeR MUNE, XA WuDNT SPeND SO MUC TiM TAKING KeR UV XeR MUNE.
User avatar
JO 753
 
Posts: 57
Joined: 03 Jun 2011, 00:43

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Aug 2011, 00:19

JO 753 wrote:This guy iz great!


'Its dots all the way up!"

Jo- Can I please get a translation on this?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby JO 753 » 30 Aug 2011, 01:30

No problem:

XIS Gi IZ GRAT!

"ITS DoTS oL XU WA UP!"
IF PEPL TuK KeR UV XeR TiM aZ DILIJeNTLE aZ XA TuK KeR UV XeR MUNE, XA WuDNT SPeND SO MUC TiM TAKING KeR UV XeR MUNE.
User avatar
JO 753
 
Posts: 57
Joined: 03 Jun 2011, 00:43

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Aug 2011, 01:46

JO 753 wrote:No problem:

XIS Gi IZ GRAT!

"ITS DoTS oL XU WA UP!"

Yeah, like that's gonna help. What guy is great? Nassim Haramein or Arouet? And.... WTF are dots?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby Arouet » 30 Aug 2011, 02:13

Well, since I'm pretty great, I assume he's talking about me. (I may be biased though)
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Aug 2011, 02:32

Why yes Arouet, you are pretty great. ;)
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby Arouet » 30 Aug 2011, 03:11

8-) :lol:
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby JO 753 » 30 Aug 2011, 03:51

You should watch the video, dude. Its amuzing and informative. ''Its dots all the way up" iz a quote frum it.

Arouet may be great. I dont know. Even tho I didnt hit the quote button, it seemz very clear, going by the flow uv the conversation, that I wuz refering to Nassim.

Wut hav you dun to claim greatness, Arouet?
IF PEPL TuK KeR UV XeR TiM aZ DILIJeNTLE aZ XA TuK KeR UV XeR MUNE, XA WuDNT SPeND SO MUC TiM TAKING KeR UV XeR MUNE.
User avatar
JO 753
 
Posts: 57
Joined: 03 Jun 2011, 00:43

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby Arouet » 30 Aug 2011, 03:56

JO 753 wrote:Wut hav you dun to claim greatness, Arouet?


Well, I have a sense of humour, for one!

(and my kids thknk I'm like the greatest thing in the whole wide world. My son even told me so just yesterday! Which should be evidence enough for any skeptic!)
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Aug 2011, 04:03

Arouet wrote:
JO 753 wrote:Wut hav you dun to claim greatness, Arouet?


Well, I have a sense of humour, for one!

(and my kids thknk I'm like the greatest thing in the whole wide world. My son even told me so just yesterday! Which should be evidence enough for any skeptic!)

Kids lie. Especially when they want something. :D
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby Arouet » 30 Aug 2011, 09:43

That's true. They do sometimes come out with the best daddy in the whole world when they want something. But yesterday my eldest came out with a spontaneous "best daddy" line, along with a hug and no discernible immediate desire (other than to express his adoration of me). So for now I'm pretty secure in my "best daddy" status.

It's a tough business though, very competitive and I'm aware that the prestige can be fleeting...
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream scien

Postby DotsAllTheWayUp » 20 Jul 2012, 20:29

I have done a bit of investigating into Nassim haramein who has obviously gained a bit more exposure now, and have to find anything that lends him any more credibility than has been discussed already.
Foster Gamble has given him something of a platform in the Thrive movie, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

All that said, i'm obviously tickled by Jo's daft textspeak (and that quote).
User avatar
DotsAllTheWayUp
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 20:24

PreviousNext

Return to Metaphysics / Quantum Physics / Nature of Reality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron