View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Cryptozoology Museum

Discussions about Unexplained Creatures and Cryptozoology. E.g. Bigfoot, The Lochness Monster, The Jersey Devil, etc.

Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 09 Dec 2009, 22:51

It appears the Cryptozoology Museum in Portland Maine is open for business. I was just browsing their website, http://www.cryptozoologymuseum.com, and came across a picture of a replica of a large hairy beast of a creature with the following caption:

"The centerpiece of the collection is the once elusive eight feet tall, 400-pound "Crookston Bigfoot," created by Wisconsin artist Curtis Christensen, which was permanently added to the collection of the International Cryptozoology Museum in 2004. "

What do you think they mean by the words: "once elusive?" Sounds to me that they either mean they have found it. Any other ideas before I write them?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Dec 2009, 23:00

ProfWag wrote:What do you think they mean by the words: "once elusive?" Sounds to me that they either mean they have found it. Any other ideas before I write them?

I can only assume that it means that they now have an artists concept of various descriptions of people claiming to have seen a similar 'elusive' thing.

Sort of like the seating chart and guest list for "The Last Supper".
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 09 Dec 2009, 23:14

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Sort of like the seating chart and guest list for "The Last Supper".

Were you there Ninja? I really didn't think you were that old, but one never knows. How accurate was DaVinci's fresco? ;-)
I've always wondered why everyone sat on one side of the table and no one used the other side. Isn't it easier to talk when people use both sides of a table?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 00:22

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:
Sort of like the seating chart and guest list for "The Last Supper".

Were you there Ninja? I really didn't think you were that old, but one never knows. How accurate was DaVinci's fresco? ;-)
I've always wondered why everyone sat on one side of the table and no one used the other side. Isn't it easier to talk when people use both sides of a table?

Very funny ProfWag.... :roll:
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 02:45

Just kidding you NinjaPuppy. I wouldn't tease you if I didn't like you!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Dec 2009, 02:52

I think elusive is used with wishful thinking in mind.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 03:49

Nostradamus wrote:I think elusive is used with wishful thinking in mind.

Possibly. I think I'll write them and ask though. The way I read it, if something was "once elusive," then that means it's no longer elusive and has now been found. For example, the Titatnic was "once elusive," I believe...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 03:52

BTW, that other topic about 'coincidence' or syncrochity or whatever that was....

Would you believe that last night I was asked by another person if I was at the last supper? Talk about a coinkydink. Then today I saw 11:11 somewhere. Geesh, I gotta stop hanging out with you guys.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 03:53

ProfWag wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:I think elusive is used with wishful thinking in mind.

Possibly. I think I'll write them and ask though. The way I read it, if something was "once elusive," then that means it's no longer elusive and has now been found. For example, the Titatnic was "once elusive," I believe...

Oops, I've got an update. Their website doesn't list an e-mail address so I can't ask. Imagine that, a museum that doesn't have e-mail. Whowuddathought.
Wag
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 03:54

NinjaPuppy wrote:BTW, that other topic about 'coincidence' or syncrochity or whatever that was....

Would you believe that last night I was asked by another person if I was at the last supper? Talk about a coinkydink. Then today I saw 11:11 somewhere. Geesh, I gotta stop hanging out with you guys.

There you go Ninja! Proof of the paranormal!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 03:57

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:BTW, that other topic about 'coincidence' or syncrochity or whatever that was....

Would you believe that last night I was asked by another person if I was at the last supper? Talk about a coinkydink. Then today I saw 11:11 somewhere. Geesh, I gotta stop hanging out with you guys.

There you go Ninja! Proof of the paranormal!

Proof of the paranormal??? More like proof that I'm older than original sin. :(
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 04:01

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:BTW, that other topic about 'coincidence' or syncrochity or whatever that was....

Would you believe that last night I was asked by another person if I was at the last supper? Talk about a coinkydink. Then today I saw 11:11 somewhere. Geesh, I gotta stop hanging out with you guys.

There you go Ninja! Proof of the paranormal!

Proof of the paranormal??? More like proof that I'm older than original sin. :(

Wellllllll, I'd love to know. Did you commit it?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby The Warrigal » 10 Dec 2009, 04:28

During the 19th and early 20th centuries, many a clever taxidemist was able to trick not only wealthy collectors, but even museums into buying "specimens" of non-existent animals.

(eg. P.T.Barnums famous "mermaid)."

This practice was once so widespread that when Australian zoololgists of the Victorian era sent back the first stuffed specimen of a duck-billed platypus to Britain, they received a curt telegram from scientists at The Royal Society of Zoology telling them that their "joke" was most unappreciated!

Well, platypus are so damnably rare that few Aussies have seen one outside of a zoo. - (And sometimes not even there)!

So them Brit scientists could be forgiven for thinking that us colonial larrakins were having a lend of them!

It would take a braver man than I to say what rare animals may, or may not, exist on land or in the deep oceans.
The Warrigal
 
Posts: 119
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 11:44

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 04:55

Very true Warrigal. I have no idea what kind of things are out there that we haven't discovered. All I know for certain is that the Crypto Museum said that Bigfoot was "once elusive." That tells me they found one and I've been searching for him for 3 decades and I want to see the real thing!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 06:48

ProfWag wrote:Wellllllll, I'd love to know. Did you commit it?

No. My name is not Eve and my husband's name is not Adam. I don't even like apples unless they're baked in a pie.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Next

Return to Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron