View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Jason Valenti's BIGFOOT experience

Discussions about Unexplained Creatures and Cryptozoology. E.g. Bigfoot, The Lochness Monster, The Jersey Devil, etc.

Re: Jason Valenti's BIGFOOT experience

Postby Arouet » 18 Jan 2011, 03:49

Scepcop wrote: At about 200 yards is when I first saw it &
we were traveling at about 55 mph. I immediately took
my foot off of the accelerator and "covered" the brake
in case it was an animal that might move onto the
road. I then clicked my high beams on & this thing
lifted its head from a downward position to look our
way.

(snip)

I passed her at about 20 mph before we stopped.

It's nighttime. He's 200 yards away when he first sees it, going 55 mph. 200 yards is about a 10th of a mile. Now, he takes his foot off the break, but let's take him at his slowest speed: 20mph is about 1/3 of a mile per minute. Which means that 10th of a mile takes what, 10-20 seconds? And he's getting all that detail? Next time you're driving at night, pick an object 200 yards away, flick your high beams on, and you tell me how much detail you get. Heck, have you friend get out on the side of the road and test it out.
Arouet

Postby mr. mike » 21 Jan 2011, 06:23

As I wrote before, the Valenti incident is only an anecdote; the female Bigfoot did not jump onto his car or leave any physical traces. I have noticed in many of these anecdotes about people witnessing strange creatures or UFOs while driving is that one person or group might see the thing perfectly while the other(s) only see a blur*. Also, why would this guy make up this story? There is not much to gain, he has no proof. Most people would laugh at this story or dismiss it out of hand. My point in chiming in on this thread was to point out that these sort of sightings are common in Bigfoot cases and are probably the way most witnesses see these creatures.

* There was a UFO case where two cars at night came across a large blob of light on a road. One witness claimed she saw humanoid beings inside a sphere of light; the car behind her only saw a snailshell pattern of dark lines swirling inside a bubble of light. The light vanished after a few minutes. The case happened in the late 1960s in Spain.
mr. mike

Postby Arouet » 21 Jan 2011, 06:34

mr. mike wrote:As I wrote before, the Valenti incident is only an anecdote; the female Bigfoot did not jump onto his car or leave any physical traces. I have noticed in many of these anecdotes about people witnessing strange creatures or UFOs while driving is that one person or group might see the thing perfectly while the other(s) only see a blur*.

I'm suggesting that the level of detail he provided is not likely given the circumstances.

Also, why would this guy make up this story? There is not much to gain, he has no proof. Most people would laugh at this story or dismiss it out of hand. My point in chiming in on this thread was to point out that these sort of sightings are common in Bigfoot cases and are probably the way most witnesses see these creatures.

I'm not saying he's lying. He may have convinced himself that he say as much detail as he did. He may have seen something. But if you're looking for motive. From his website: http://sasquatchresearch.net/about_us.html

His research has led him into the some of the same arenas as Lloyd Pye, and he is currently writing a book and participating in The Falcon Project, an aerial pursuit of film evidence of Hominoids.

Most of the time, though, I don't believe there is much deliberate deception in these kinds of cases. Though there has been some: the foot forgeries, the movie forgeries. People have all sorts of motives, some financial, some might just like the attention.

I have nothing vested in whether there are bigfoots. I don't have trouble with the concept. It would be cool. But the lack of supporting evidence must make all of us very skeptical about these sightings. We're talking communities of hominids that live apparently with no physical trace. That is just not likely.
Arouet

Postby mr. mike » 23 Jan 2011, 12:09

I wrote a long reply but the site ate it....On the subject of Bigfoot I await the data that proves or disproves that this creature exists. I agreed with your points about hoaxes, but I did write that if Sasquatches do exist they are a niche species like early man and avoid humans because they dislike our vehicles (too noisy) and our dogs. I think they hide the remains of their dead (possibly are intelligent enough to bury them.) However, we don't know enough about these creatures if they exist, and until we find their remains or a living animal, it remains a myth.

BTW, in the UFO example the author who recounted the case did have a prosaic explaination: it was ball lightning. Ball lightning (kuegelblitz) has a round appearence and does disintigrate instead of flying off.
mr. mike

Postby Scepcop » 07 Aug 2011, 07:01

Hi all,
I just uploaded Jason Valenti's mind blowing interview on Ghostly Talk to YouTube. Here is the link. It contains the entire interview. The synergy and rapport with the interviewers was amazing.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 07 Aug 2011, 21:31

Soooo, I wanted to look up who Jason Valenti really is. On his web site is a side-by-side comparison of Bigfoot from the famous P&G film and how humans walk. That's all well and good, but if you look at the P&G film, look at the bottom of Bigfoot's feet. Do they look like what the bottom of real foot to you?
http://sasquatchresearch.net/kinematics.html
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2011, 00:53

ProfWag wrote:Soooo, I wanted to look up who Jason Valenti really is. On his web site is a side-by-side comparison of Bigfoot from the famous P&G film and how humans walk. That's all well and good, but if you look at the P&G film, look at the bottom of Bigfoot's feet. Do they look like what the bottom of real foot to you?

I guess it doesn't look lie a real foot bottom. It looks like soles from a costume. lol

But it's far away so you can't make out much detail.

I heard that the Patterson film was inconclusive though. Someone said they admitted it was a hoax, but then other evidence came up to contradict that.

The film is weird though. If I caught Bigfoot on film, I'd be moving forward to capture more of it, not just sitting there and doing nothing while it disappears.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 08 Aug 2011, 00:56

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Soooo, I wanted to look up who Jason Valenti really is. On his web site is a side-by-side comparison of Bigfoot from the famous P&G film and how humans walk. That's all well and good, but if you look at the P&G film, look at the bottom of Bigfoot's feet. Do they look like what the bottom of real foot to you?

I guess it doesn't look lie a real foot bottom. It looks like soles from a costume. lol

But it's far away so you can't make out much detail.

I heard that the Patterson film was inconclusive though. Someone said they admitted it was a hoax, but then other evidence came up to contradict that.

The film is weird though. If I caught Bigfoot on film, I'd be moving forward to capture more of it, not just sitting there and doing nothing while it disappears.

Good points Scepcop.
ProfWag

Previous

Return to Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology